- The Official Opening of the Vista Academy Trail took place on Monday, January 19. Students now have a safe route to walk or cycle to surrounding residential neighbourhoods, as well as McAuliffe Park. This project was jointly funded by the Town, Greater Windsor-Essex County School Board and CWATS, the County-Wide Active Transportation System.
- The Essex Region Conservation Authority (ERCA) will hold its Annual General Meeting on Thursday, January 22 at the LaSalle Municipal Offices.
- Town Council has numerous meetings scheduled in the coming week. The annual Strategic Planning and Priorities Session takes place on Friday, January 23. The following Monday, January 26, a Special Council Meeting will be devoted to 2015 Budget Review.
- On Tuesday, January 26, there will be a Public Council Meeting on the South McPhee Drain, as well as a Regular Council Meeting. Finally, a second 2015 Budget Review meeting is scheduled for Monday, February 2, if required.
- Tecumseh Fire and Rescue Services Twitter followers has reached 2000. Find them on Twitter @TECFD to receive up-to-date safety messages, information on road closures and incidents.
- Tecumseh Fire and Rescue Services has created a new Emergency Information Brochure which will be distributed to residents of the Town. A copy of the brochure is posted on the Town’s website at: http://www.tecumseh.ca/townhall/departmental-services/fire-emergency-services/fire-safety-planning
- Everyone is invited to give retiring Deputy Clerk Susan Mazzei a great send-off on Friday, January 30 at Johnny Shotz. The party starts right after work. Congratulations and best wishes Sue!
- The Irish flag is flying at Town Hall this week. Two visitors from Oldcastle, County Meath, Ireland will be in Town to explore business opportunities until next week. Tecumseh has been twinned with Oldcastle, County Meath since 1999.
Do you like this post?