This week, Tecumseh Town Council begins with a Public Council Meeting at 5:30pm. The agenda and corresponding reports can be found here.
Resident Anna Mae Bracken will speak as a delegation. Letters of objection were received from Mr. Karim Nash and Mrs. Bracken as well.
Communications include a resolution from Amaranth Township requesting support for maintaining dairy supply management in Canada, and from Union Gas advising that it wishes to introduce firm transportation services for gas distributors that will have competitive storage and gas supply options under a new M17 rate class effective January 1, 2019. Administration is also recommending that Council support a local resident proposal for Parks Canada to establish a feasibility Study to designate the Western Basin of Lake Erie as a National Marine Conservation Area.
a. Chief Administrative Officer
1. CAO-2018-10 Strategic Priorities Update. The Chief Administrative Officer supplies an overview of the Town's Strategic Plan and progress on various items.
b. Corporate Services & Clerk
1. CS-2018-27 Elections 2018 - Compliance Audit Committee. Administration is recommending the appointment of residents Jerry Marion, Walter Copeland, Mary Masse and Mary Birch to the Elections Compliance Audit Committee.
c. Fire & Emergency Services
1. FIRE-2018-07 Disposal of Surplus Fire Apparatus. Administration recommends the donation of the Surplus Fire Spartan Engine Rescue 1 (1990) to the St Clair College Pre-Service Firefighter Education and Training Program. Its current value is approximately $4000.
d. Planning & Building Services
1. PBS-2018-33, CIP Grant Funding, 12122 Tecumseh Road, Building Facade Improvement Grant. Re/Max Preferred Realty is requesting $4000 under the Tecumseh Road Mainstreet Community Improvement Plan to support painting both buildings a dark grey colour, paint the front porch, paint the existing doors and garage door of the accessory structure, and restain the existing deck at the rear of the main building.
e. Public Works & Environmental Services
1. PWES-2018-22 South Talbot-Holden Outlet and Branch Drain - Appointment of Drainage Engineer. Administration is requesting that Dillon Consulting Ltd. be appointed as Drainage Engineer for the cleaning of the South Talbot - Holden Outlet and Branch Drain and to prepare a Drainage Report to establish future maintenance of the Drain.
2. PWES 2018-29 Source Protection Plan, Part IV Enforcement Transfer Agreement Amendment. Administration recommends that the Mayor and Clerk be authorized to execute a Source Protection Plan, Part IV Enforcement Transfer Agreement Amendment satisfactory to the Town of Tecumseh (Town) and Essex Region Conservation Authority (ERCA), to extend the agreement to December 31, 2021, with estimated cost share of $10,025 to be funded from the Source Protection Municipal Implementation Fund (SPMIF) grant. This agreement is recommended as ERCA supplies the Town's statutory risk management services on behalf of the Town.
For further questions on these or other municipal matters, please contact me at email@example.com or 226-773-1910.