This week, Tecumseh Town Council begins at 4:30pm with three rezoning requests:
1. Public comment on a Zoning By-law Amendment application for a 1.09 hectare (2.7 acre) property situated on the north side of North Talbot Road, abutting the west side of Weston Park (5074 North Talbot Road). The purpose of the proposed amendment is to rezone the subject property from “Agricultural Zone (A-33)” to “Hamlet Residential Zone (RH)” in order to facilitate the creation of one new residential lot and the future construction of one single-unit dwelling. (Agenda)
2. Public comment on a Zoning By-law amendment application for a 1.4 acre property situated on the south side of County Road 34, approximately 500 metres west of its intersection with Manning Road (12305 County Road 34). The purpose of the proposed amendment is to rezone the subject property from “Hamlet Residential Zone (RH)” to a site-specific “Hamlet Residential Zone (RH-6)” in order to facilitate the construction of one additional residential unit (“ARU”) on the property, in accordance with subsection 11.2.3 of the Tecumseh Official Plan. (Agenda)
3. Public comment on A Zoning By-law amendment application for a 1232 square metre (13,261 square foot) property situated on the west side of Shawnee Road, approximately 31 metres (102 feet) north of its intersection with Brouillette Court (1441 Shawnee Road). The purpose of the proposed amendment is to:
- rezone the western 613.1 square metre (6,600 square foot) portion of the subject property from “Residential
Zone 2 (R2)” to a site-specific “Residential Zone 3 (R3-20)” to permit the construction of one semi-detached
dwelling and to establish minimum lot and yard requirements; and
- rezone the eastern 609.8 square metre (6,564 square foot) portion of the subject property from “Residential
Zone 2 (R2)” to a site-specific “Residential Zone 2 (R2-26)” to establish a new minimum lot area. (Agenda)
An in camera meeting will follow at 6pm.
Beginning at 7pm, Regular Business will include the following: (Agenda)
1. Rail Safety Week September 20 - 26, 2021. Administraiton recommends participating in Rail Safety Week from September 20 to 26, 2021;ies in communities, including our municipality.
2. Local Authority Services (LAS) dated September 9, 2021 Re: Risk Management Symposium. Administration recommends authorizing participation of the Mayor and Members of Council if interested to the LAS Powering Change Climate resiliency for a better tomorrow symposium virtually on October 5-6, 2021 at a cost of $275, subject to funding in the 2021 Budget and compliance with the Town’s Travel and Professional Development Policies.