A special meeting of Council is being held on Tuesday October 30th at 5pm to discuss a Site Plan Control agreement for the Lakeview Montessori School located at Riverside Drive and St. Mark's. The full agenda can be found here.
Administration is recommending that Council pass a by-law authorizing the execution of the “Lakeview School” site plan control
agreement, satisfactory in form to the Town’s Solicitor, which allows for a 948 square metre (10,208 square foot) addition to the Lakeview Montessori School, consisting of a 511 square metre (5,503 square foot) gymnasium addition and a 437 square metre
(4,705 square foot) school addition, along with associated parking, landscaping, outdoor playground areas and on-site services/works on 0.64 hectare (1.6 acre) parcel of land situated on the southeast corner of the Riverside Drive/St. Mark’s Road intersection (13797 Riverside Drive).
Work contemplated is as follows:
- The 511 square metre (5,503 square foot) gymnasium addition on the southerly portion of the property and a 437 square metre (4,705 square foot) school addition to the central/internal portion of the property;
- A new asphalted parking area on the southerly portion of the property abutting the proposed new gymnasium that will accommodate 10 vehicles and will include infrastructure to provide proper stormwater drainage. In total, 53 parking spaces (three of which are barrier-free spaces) will be provided on-site;
- Improvements to the existing northerly parking area that will result in improved on-site traffic movement;
- The southerly extension to the existing toddler drop-off lane on the east side of St. Mark’s Road. This improvement is being undertaken in accordance with the Traffic Impact Study that was prepared as part of the aforementioned planning approvals and in response to the traffic concerns on St. Mark’s Road that were identified through the past public consultation process;
- The installation of 12 bike racks (six near the northern school entrance and six near the future gymnasium entrance);
- The installation of planters, trellises and columnar trees along the westerly and southerly building façades of the gymnasium addition. This improvement is being undertaken to reduce the “massing” of the gymnasium and is in response to the
design/façade concerns that were identified through the past public consultation process.
- Future playground areas within the 700 square metre (7,534 square foot) area of land that was purchased from the abutting residential property located at 101 Arlington Boulevard. It should be noted that these areas are identified as future uses and the site plan requires that approval of an Official Plan and Zoning By-law amendment will be required prior to these uses being established. The required amendments will restrict the uses within this area solely to passive outdoor recreational uses.
For further information on these or other municipal matters please contact me at (226) 773-1910 or [email protected]