This week, the public meetings of #Tecumseh Town Council begin at 5:30pm. The agenda can be found here.
The purpose of the meeting is to hear public comment on behalf of the County of Essex, on a application for approval of a Plan of Subdivision pertaining to a 20.7 hectare (51.3 acre) parcel of land, Concession 8 and situated on the northeast corner of the North Talbot Road/8th Concession Road intersection. The applicant, Old Castle Heights Inc., is proposing the creation of a residential subdivision consisting of a total of 157 blocks/lots.
Delegations include Abdul Habib, Owner and Applicant; Zak Habib, Applicant Representative; and Tiziano Zaghi, Applicant’s Planner as well as Ian Bristow, Resident and Judy Robson, Resident.
It is recommended that the granting of draft plan of subdivision approval by the County of Essex (the Approval Authority) for the application filed by Old Castle Heights Inc. (County of Essex File No. 37-T21004) for a residential subdivision consisting of a total of 157 blocks/lots which are identified for 132 detached dwellings units, 12 semi-detached units (six semi-detached dwellings), 76 attached units (one 3-unit townhouse dwelling, one 5-unit townhouse dwelling and 17 4-unit townhouse dwellings) and 10 blocks identified for buffer areas/passive open space/multipurpose pathways, stormwater corridors and a stormwater pond on a 20.7 hectare (51.3 acre) parcel of land described as Part Lot 11, Concession 8 and situated on the northeast corner of the North Talbot Road/8th Concession Road intersection, subject to the inclusion of appropriate conditions as noted in the PBS-2021-50, be supported.
At 6:30pm there will be a meeting of the Court of Revision. The meeting is to hear from any affected owner who wishes to appeal his/her assessment or any part thereof as set out in the Drainage Report for the McLean Hergott Drain, prepared by Mark D. Hernandez P. Eng., dated March 17, 2021 and the Drainage Report for the Cyr Drain, prepared by Mark D. Hernandez, P.Eng., dated June 11, 2021. The agenda can be found here.
At 7pm regular business begins. The agenda can be found here.
1. Keith Rajsigl, Re: Lakewood Park Concession
2. Christopher Hales, Chair, Tecumseh Police Services Board and Inspector Glenn Miller, Essex County OPP Re: 2022 Police and Police Services Board Budget
3. Margaret Misek-Evans, Chief Administrative Officer, Tom Kitsos, Director Financial Services & Chief Financial Officer and Zora Visekruna, Deputy Treasurer 2022 Proposed Budget
Communications - Action Required:
1. CUPE dated October 29, 2021 Re: OMERS Investment Performance. Administration recommends that the correspondence from CUPE Ontario seeking support from municipal councils across the province to support a third party review of OMERS be referred to Administration for review and report back to Council.
1. Chief Administrative Officer
a. CAO-2021-18 Tecumseh 100th Anniversary Celebration. Administration recommends that CAO Report No. CAO-2021-18, regarding the Tecumseh 100th Anniversary Celebration Update, be received, and that Council approve the proposed agenda for the Tecumseh 100th Anniversary between July 2-4th, and that the projected expenses for the Tecumseh 100th Anniversary Celebration be referred to the 2022 budget deliberations.
2. Legislative Services & Clerk
a. CS-2021-32 Rodent Abatement. Administration requests direction with respect to rodent abatement measures, and set aside pilot program costs of $10,000 be referred to the 2022 budget deliberations if a new program is to be considered.
3. Community & Recreation Services
a. PRS-2021-10 Lakewood Park Food and Beverage Concession RFP Award. It is recommended that a Lakewood Concession Lease Agreement between the Town of Tecumseh and Keith Rajsigl, owner of 2759098 Ontario Inc., be finalized in form and content to define the roles and responsibilities, fees, duration and other agreed upon terms to the satisfaction of the Town’s Solicitor;
b. PRS-2021-17 Emergency Replacement HVAC Unit Public Works/Water Administration Building. Administration recommends emergency replacement of the Public Works/Water administration building HVAC unit in the amount of $20,000 net of refundable HST be authorized for funding from the Buildings Lifecycle Reserve.
4. Development Services
a. PBS-2021-49 Consent Agreement, 11945 Intersection Road. Administration recommends approval of a by-law to authorize the Mayor and Clerk to execute a Consent Agreement between The Corporation of the Town of Tecumseh and Clement Lachance and Jeannette Laura Bernadette Lachance, which facilitates the future construction of an access culvert across a municipal drain on the property located at 11945 Intersection Road in order to satisfy conditions 6 and 7 of consent application B-09-20, satisfactory in form to the Town’s Solicitor.
1. By-law-2021-87 Being a by-law to authorize the execution of a Consent Agreement between The Corporation of the Town of Tecumseh and Clement Lachance and Jeannette Laura Bernadette Lachance
2. By-Law 2021-88 Being a by-law to authorize the use of internet and telephone voting for the 2022 Municipal and School Board Elections
For questions on these or other municipal matters, please contact me at (226) 773-1910 or [email protected]