This week, Town Council begins at 6pm to discuss Awards and Committee Appointments.
Administration recommends that the nomination of Jocelyn Adams for the 2019 Dr. Henri Breault Community Excellence Award (Dr. Breault Award) be accepted, and that Town Council determine a direction with respect to awards for the 2019 Donald “Donny” Massender Memorial Volunteer Award (Donny Massender Award) and 2020 Senior of the Year Award. The report can be found here.
Further, it is recommended that the applications of Betty Lee-Daigle, Manmander Matharu, and Jelena Ristic to the Cultural & Arts Advisory Committee, of Amanda Deshaies and Scott Robinson to the Heritage Advisory Committee, and of John Levesque to the Seniors Advisory Committee, be approved. In addition there are three applicants to the Committee of Adjustment for the vacant position. The report can be found here.
Regular business begins at 7pm. The full agenda can be found here.
1. Essex and Kent Scottish Regiment, Joseph Ouellete, Honorary Lieutenant Colonel Re: Flag of Remembrance and Plaque dedicated to Major Fred Tilston
2. Baron Championship Rings, Drina Baron-Zinyk, Vice President, Co-Owner, Richard Baron, Founder, and Kathy Baron Co-Founder Re: Toronto Raptors Rings. A sample of the rings produced can be found here.
Communications - For Information include:
1. County of Essex dated November 8, 2019 Re: Notice of Decision on Official Plan Amendment, 11870 Tecumseh Road. Essex County has approved the Valente condominium development located on the north side of the Tecumseh and Southfield intersection.
2. Town of Wasaga Beach, November 8, 2019 Re: Resolution from the Township of Springwater - Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority Levy. The Towns of Springwater and Wasaga Beach are each asking for breakdowns of the Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority budgets and that the Province allow them to see the budget lines in order to deliver their responsibilities for financial stewardship.
3. Town of Essex, November 7, 2019 Re: More Choice, More Homes Act, 2019 - Bill 108 Proposed Regulations. Essex has backed the request of the Town of Tecumseh to have a three month consultation period regarding the regulations associated with Bill 108, the More Choices, More Homes Act.
4. Town of Lakeshore dated November 19, 2019. Lakeshore extends to the Town an invite to their Shoreline Management Plan Public Consultation Event to be held on Thursday, November 28th, 4:30pm to 7:30pm at the Atlas Tube Centre.
5. Township of Larder Lake dated November 12, 2019 Re: Main Street Revitalization Fund. Larder Lake is requesting an extension in which to expend the allocated funding of the Main Street Revitalization Fund to June 2020.
6. County of Essex dated November 22, 2019 Re: Notice of Design and Construction Public Open House. Essex County advises of a Public Meeting to be held regarding the proposed widening of County Road 42 from County Road 19 to the City of Windsor limits, consisting of a five-lane roadway with bike lanes, sidewalks, and/or multi-use trails. Multi-lane roundabouts are being introduced at County Road 19 (Manning Road) and the new intersection with County Road 43 (Banwell Road) and at the diversion and reconstruction of County Road 43 from Shields Avenue to south of County Road 42. The meeting will be held on Wednesday, December 11th, 2019 from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the County of Essex - West Pike Depot, 11965 County Road 42, Tecumseh ON.
1. Chief Administrative Officer
a. CAO-2019-11 Community Safety and Well-Being Plan Development. Administration recommends that Tecumseh join in with the County of Essex, other
Area Municipalities and the City of Windsor for the development of a regional Community Safety and Well-Being Plan. The Community Safety Plan is a new requirement under the Police Services Act (1990) (Act) and the Community Safety and Policing Act (2019) by January 1, 2021.
2. Planning & Building Services
a. PBS-2019-39, D19 SKY, Skyline Real Estate Holdings, Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendment, Scheduling of Public Meeting. Administration is recommending the scheduling of a public meeting, to be held on Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 6:00 p.m., in accordance with the Planning Act for applications submitted by Skyline
Real Estate Holdings for a 4.4 hectare (10.9 acre) parcel of land situated at the southeast corner of the Tecumseh Road/Southfield Drive intersection (11873 and 11917
Tecumseh Road). The request is to redesignate the property from “Commercial” and “Residential” to “Residential” with a new site-specific policy and rezoning the subject property from “General Commercial Zones (C3) and (C3-1)” and “Residential Zone 2 (R2)” to a sitespecific “Residential Zone (R3-16)” in order to:
i) recognize the two existing apartment buildings located on the northern portion of the property and permit accessory commercial uses within their first floors;
ii) permit the development of the southern portion of the lands for an additional two, four-storey apartment buildings totalling 150 units;
iii) establish a total overall lot density of 91 units per hectare for the entirety of the property; and
iv) establish site-specific lot, building and yard provisions.
For questions on these or other municipal matters, please contact me at (226) 773-1910 or [email protected]