This week is a busy one at Tecumseh Town Council.
On Monday November 23rd beginning at 4pm, Council will consider the 2016 Budget. Representatives of the Tecumseh Police Services Board will present as delegations the proposed budget for police services.
The budget document can be found here while the meeting packet can be found here. The budget proposes a zero per cent increase for the Town's portion of municipal taxes and an average increase in water rates of 2.6%. Water services operate on a cost recovery basis. Some of the feedback that the Town has received so far can be found here.
Beginning at 5:30pm on Tuesday, November 24th, Council will host a Public Meeting to consider a rezoning at County Road 46 and County Road 19/Manning Road. The former Bisnett/Secord and Smith Funeral Home is proposed to be converted to an Art Gallery and Studio and retail Hobby Shop. The applicants also seek to legalize the residence that exists on site. This meeting is the statutory public meeting to receive resident input under the Planning Act. The packet can be found here.
At 6:00pm Council is considering committee appointments and will set direction with respect to awarding the 2015 Donald “Donny” Massender Memorial Volunteer Award and a proposal to extend nominations until December 18, 2015, for the 2015 Dr. Henri Breault Community Excellence Award and the 2016 Senior of the Year Award. The packet can be found here.
Beginning at 7pm, Regular Business of Council will be considered. The packet for this meeting can be found here.
- Council will be presenting the AODA 10th Anniversary Champion Award to Michael Wasylyk.
- Municipality of Neebing, October 9, 2015 Re: Consultation on the Police Services Act. The Municipality of Neebing is seeking Council's support for the Province of Ontario to consider allowing a greater share of policing duties to civilians and non-uniformed officers in order to control costs.
- Essex County Agricultural Hall of Fame, October 28, 2015. Council is advised that nominations for the 2016 Essex County Agricultural Hall of Fame are now being received. The deadline to submit an application is December 31, 2015.
- Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade, November 2015 Re: Nomination Call, Ontario Medal for Young Volunteers and Ontario Volunteer Service Awards. The Minister invites the community to supply nominations for these two awards, with deadlines of January 15th and January 25th, respectively. Nominations can be initiated at http://www.ontario.ca/honoursandawards/
- County of Essex Re: Notice of Adoption of Official Plan Amendment No. 1, Kingsville Golf & Curling Club. The County of Essex advises that it has approved the advertised amendment to its official plan which allows an area adjacent to Kingsville Golf & Curling Club to be redeveloped from Agricultural land to a residential settlement.
- Town of Lakeshore, Notice of Statutory Public Meeting Re: Housekeeping Zoning Bylaw Amendment, ZBA 5-2015. The Town of Lakeshore is undertaking a series of housekeeping amendments to its Zoning By-law and generally do not affect Town of Tecumseh residents.
- Ontario Good Roads Association, November 16, 2015 Re: Report of the OGRA Nominating Committee. The Ontario Good Roads Association supplies a proposed slate of directors for the upcoming Ontario Good Roads Association elections.
Manager Engineering Services, November 3, 2015, Report No. 62/15 - Re: Bridge Signage & Roadside Safety Review (2015). Council is asked to adopt the report entitled “2015 Bridge Roadside Safety Review, November 2015,” as prepared by Dillon Consulting Limited, to reflect Council's future budget priorities for the basis of the Bridge Roadside Safety improvements component of the annual Public Works & Environmental Services Capital Works Plan.
Manager Planning Services/Senior Planner, November 17, 2015, Report No. 36/15 Re: Official Plan Amendment and Zoning Bylaw Amendment, Roman Catholic Episcopal Corporation of the Diocese of London, 13803 St. Gregory's Road. The applicant is proposing to sever the Rectory lands on the Northeast corner from the rest of the property which could allow for potential sale. Administration is recommending the hosting of a public meeting, to be held on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 6:30 p.m.
- Manager Building Services, Chief Building Official, November 9, 2015, Report No. 37/15 Re: Storm Water Mitigation for Infill Lots in ERCA Regulated Areas. Administration advises that it attempted to meet with the Essex Region Conservation Authority to try and alleviate the situation that has arisen in recent years where new building lots are graded far higher than those adjacent. Sadly, it appears that this is governed by provincial legislation and there are no further actions that the Town of Tecumseh can take to address this.
- Council to appoint Local Authority Services (LAS) as the Meeting Investigator pursuant to Sections 8,9,10 and 239.1 of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001 c.25, as amended
- Council to appoint Robert J. Swayze as the Integrity Commissioner for The Corporation of the Town of Tecumseh pursuant to Sections 9, 10, 11 and 223.3 of the Municipal Act, 2001 S.O. 2001, c.25, as amended.
- I have put forward a motion to extend the public consultation time for Council business from five days to seven days.
If you have any questions on these or other items please be in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 226-773-1910.