This week, our regular meeting of Council begins at 7pm and will feature the following items. The packet can be found here.
COMMUNICATIONS FOR INFORMATION
a. Township of Zorra, October 21, 2016 Re: Accommodation Review Process. Zorra Township is asking the Province to revisit the Accommodation Review Process for rural schools in an effort to stem school closings.
b. Township of South-West Oxford, October 26, 2016 Re: Resolution in Support of Elimination of Barriers for CCAs (Certified Crop Advisors). South West Oxford is supportive of allowing Certified Crop Advisors to work for any clients of their choosing which will no longer be legal under pending legislation.
COMMUNICATIONS ACTION REQUIRED
a. Committee of Adjustment, October 18, 2016, Re: OACA Conference - The Committee of Adjustment is requesting that all 7 members be offered an opportunity annually to attend and be financially supported for the OACA conference.
b. Ontario Rural Education Symposium, October 25, 2016 - Administration is recommending that Members of Council be authorized to attend the Ontario Rural Education Symposium on Saturday November 25, 2016, in accordance with the Town’s Travel and Professional Development Policies.
a. Corporate Services & Clerk
1. Director Corporate Services & Clerk, Report No. 48/16, October 21, 2016 Re: 2016 By-Election Councillor Ward 2 Accessibility Report. This report speaks to the regulatory actions taken to ensure voter accessibility during the recent Ward 2 By-election.
2. Director Corporate Services & Clerk, Report No. 51/16, October 31, 2016 Re: IESO Feed-In Tariff Version 5 Municipal Template Resolution Request - Solar Power Network. This report recommends that a solar installation at 2005 Blackacre Drive be endorsed.
b. Public Works & Environmental Services
1. Manager Engineering Services, Report No 39/16, October 28, 2016 Re: 2016 Culvert Needs Study (Structure with Spans < 3.0m). Administration is requesting support for prioritizing culvert replacement projects in accordance with the recommendations of the 2016 Culvert Needs Study. This will amount to 20 repairs in 2017 at a cost of $680,000 and similar investments in future years.
2. Manager Engineering Services, Report No. 47/16, October 24, 2016 Re: North Talbot Road Sanitary Sewer Outlet Amendment to the Main and Lateral Charges By-Law (2011-103). Administration is recommending that twelve additional properties be incorporated into the drainage area for the North Talbot Sanitary Sewer Outlet area and be required to drain into the system.
3. Manager Engineering Services, Report No. 48/16, October 25, 2016 Re: 2016 Bridge and Culvert Needs Study (Structures with Spans > 3.0m). Administration is requesting support for prioritizing culvert replacement projects in accordance with the recommendations of the 2016 Culvert Needs Study. This study identifies almost $1 million in work required for larger spans over the next five years.
For questions on these or any other municipal items please contact me at email@example.com or 226-773-1910.