This week, Town Council begins at 7pm. The agenda can be found here.
- Corn Festival Committee member Tony Corona who is being recognized by Festival and Events Ontario Recognition
- Ron Seguin, Vice President, International Relations, Training and Campus Development, Dave Cooper, Head Coach – Men’s Baseball, Ted Beale, Athletic Coordinator, Bernie Labute, Manager, Special Events/Athletic Advancement, and Christy Gatto, Director of Athletics & Sports Development who will be recognized as the winners of the St. Clair College Men's Baseball 2017 National Championship
- Joe Barile, General Manager of Essex Powerlines Corporation providing Updates and Youth Engagement Cheque
Presentation. (Essex Power is 11th lowest operational cost of Local Distribution Companies)
a. Town of LaSalle Notice of Public Meeting, dated April 23, 2018, Re: New Official Plan. LaSalle is inviting interested persons to LaSalle Council Chambers on Tuesday May 22nd at 7pm.
b. Ministry of Agriculture, Food, and Rural Affairs, dated May 1, 2018 Re: 2018 Premier's Award for Agri-Food Innovation Excellence. The Minister advises that May 25, 2018 is the application deadline for the Premier's Award for Agri-Food Innovation
Excellence program. Details can be found in the 2018 Program Guidebook and Application Form at: www.ontario.ca/agrifoodinnovation.
c. Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs dated May 3, 2018 Re: Ontario Community Infrastructure Fund Top-up Component – Important Information. The Fund will transfer $2,252,692 to Tecumseh but the town will not be able to benefit from top-up funding.
Also, Essex Power Corporation is requesting that consideration of Water and Sanitary In-House Billing and the corresponding report No. FS-2018-04 Water and Sanitary In-House Billing April 24, 2018 be deferred to the June 26, 2018 Regular Meeting of Council.
Corporate Services & Clerk
1. CS-2018-01, 2017 Open and Closed Council Meetings. Our meeting times were as follows:
- Regular Meetings 20 meetings, 335 agenda items, 34 hrs. 16 min spent in session, 1 hr. 42 min on average.
- Public Meetings 14 meetings, 53 agenda items, 8 hrs. 9 min spent in session, 34 min on average.
- Special Council Meetings 9 meetings, 21 agenda items, 16 hrs. 44 min spent in session, 1 hr. 51 min on average.
- In-Camera 7 meetings, 23 agenda items, 5 hrs. 31 min. spent in session, 0 hr. 47 min on average.
2. CS-2018-10 Restricted Acts of Council after Nomination Day - Lame Duck Provisions. Administration is recommending delegation of certain authority to the Chief Administrative Officer, to the Director Corporate Services & Clerk and to the Director Financial Services & Treasurer until the next Council is elected.
3. CS-2018-07 Request for Noise By-Law Exemption - Beach Grove Golf and Country Club. Beach Grove Golf and Country Club is requesting an exemption from the Town’s Noise By-law on Friday, July 27, 2018 and Friday, August 31, 2018, to permit music entertainment until 11:30 pm.
b. Financial Services
1. FS-2018-04 Water Sanitary In-House Billing. Administration is recommending that In-House Billing for water services where water bills will be sent by the Town of Tecumseh in lieu of Essex Power be adopted.
2. FS-2018-06 2018 Asset Management Plan. Administration recommends that the previously presented Asset Management Program identifying the addressing of newly identified gaps in maintenance funding be adopted.
c. Parks & Recreation Services
1. PRS-2018-07, Essex Power Youth In Community Fund. Administration advises that Essex Power will supply a $10,000 Youth in Community grant to Tecumseh once again.
d. Planning & Building Services
1. PBS-2018-16, CIP Grant Funding, 12350 Tecumseh Road. Administration is recommending approval of a Grant under the Tecumseh Road Mainstreet Community Improvement Plan toward construction of a gazebo at the Tecumseh Historical Society for a total of $1,000.00 under the Public Act category.
For any questions on these or other municipal matters you can reach me at 226-773-1910 or firstname.lastname@example.org