This week, Tecumseh Council begins at 5:45pm with a presentation from Invest Windsor-Essex (the former Windsor Essex Economic Development Corporation). Stephen MacKenzie and Joe Goncalves of the organization are presenting regarding the We Can Green campaign aiming to encourage a transition to electric vehicles and supporting technology in local industry. The presentation can be found here.
Regular business begins at 7pm. The agenda can be found here.
Communications - For Information includes:
1. Town of South Bruce Peninsula dated April 23, 2021 Re: Lottery Licensing. South Bruce Peninsula requests that the Province implement an additional level of licensing which would permit small organizations to hold fundraisers as a method of sustaining our community and organizations.
2. City of Cambridge dated April 1, 2021 Re: Request for Paid Sick Leave. Cambridge requests that Ontario employers provide no less than five paid sick days annually to workers —after three months of employment — by amending the Employment Standards Act, 2000, or through a different mechanism and to provide necessary funding, fiscal relief and/or support to employers so that all workers in Ontario have access to no less than 10 paid sick days annually in the event of a declared infectious disease emergency, such as the COVID-19 pandemic and ensure all Ontario workers have access to protected and paid emergency leave so care can be provided to children, parents, and/or other family members who may become ill and that all workers may receive paid time off to enable them to receive the COVID-19 Vaccine.
3. Town of Shelburne dated April 27, 2021 Re: Request for Paid Sick Leave. The Mayor of Shelburne requests that Ontario create a paid sick day policy that must ensure accessible and timely supports to allow workers to stay home when they are sick, get tested, self-isolate and follow all necessary COVID-19 control measures without fear of income-loss and financial hardship.
4. LEA Consulting Inc. dated April 28, 2021 Re: Notice of Study - Detail Design Services for the Rehabilitation of the Highway 401, Lakeshore Road 103 Underpass and Concession Road 8 Underpass. Lea Consulting advises that it will be assisting with the detailed design of the project and provides contact information for inquiries.
5. Township of Scugog dated April 28, 2021 Re: Bus Stops at Dead End Roads. Scugog requests a series of measures that will restore school bus service to residential dead-end roads that school bus providers are advising that they will no longer serve.
6. Town of Tecumseh dated April 29, 2021 Re: Notice of Intention to Remove Holding "H" Zone Symbol. It is proposed that the HOLDING “H” ZONE SYMBOL affecting a 1.2 hectare portion of a 1.9 hectare parcel of land located between Brouillette Court and County Road 22, approximately 100 metres west of Shawnee Road - 11900 Brouillette Court be removed to facilitate the redevelopment of Brouilliette Manor with a new 96-unit, long-term care facility.
7. Windsor International Airport dated April 26, 2021 Re: NAV Canada Aeronautical Study at Windsor International Airport. NAV Canada has made the decision to maintain air traffic control service at Windsor International Airport.
8. Town of Amherstburg dated May 3, 2021 Re: Regional Food and Organic Waste Management Program. Amherstburg supports the City of Windsor’s resolution regarding the Regional Food and Organics Waste Management Program.
9. Town of Amherstburg dated May 3, 2021 Re: Request for Funding for Tree Planting in Windsor-Essex County. Amherstburg supports the City of Windsor’s resolution regarding their request for Funding for Tree Planting in Windsor-Essex County.
10. Town of Amherstburg dated May 3, 2021 Re: Planning Act Timelines. Amherstburg requests that the Province of Ontario review and reconsider the current timelines established for review of Planning Act applications before an appeal is permitted to the Local Planning Appeals Tribunal and to return to the timelines that were in effect under Bill 139, the Building Better Communities and Conserving Watersheds Act, 2017;
11. Municipality of Calvin dated May 4, 2021 Re: National Three-Digit Suicide and Crisis Hotline. Calvin endorses the 988 crisis line initiative.
12. Municipality of Leamington dated May 5, 2021 Re: Advocacy for Reform Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Leamington requests a review of MFIPPA, and consider recommendations as follows:
- That MFIPPA assign the municipal clerk, or designate to be the Head under the Act;
- That MFIPPA be updated to address current and emerging technologies;
- That MFIPPA regulate the need for consistent routine disclosure practices acrossinstitutions;
- That the threshold for frivolous and/or vexatious actions be reviewed, and take into consideration the community and available resources in which it is applied;
- That the threshold for frivolous and/or vexatious also consider the anonymity of requesters, their abusive nature and language in requests to ensure protection from harassment as provided for in Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- That the application and scalability of fees be designed to ensure taxpayers are protected from persons abusing the access to information process;
- That administrative practices implied or required under MFIPPA, including those of the Information and Privacy Commissioner, be reviewed and modernized;
- That the integrity of MFIPPA be maintained to protect personal privacy and transparent governments.
14. Municipality of Calvin dated April 27, 2021 Re: Ontario Fire. Calvin requests that the Federal and Provincial Government includes apparatuses, training, equipment and structures for fire departmentsas eligible categories to any further infrastructure programs which will not only provide immediatestimulus to the local, provincial and federal economies given current economic uncertainty but also ensure thesafety of Canadians and dedicated firefighters.
1. Planning & Building Services
a. PBS-2021-20 Site Plan Control Agreement-1230839 Ontario Limited/Brouillette Manor Nursing Home - 11900 Brouillette Court. Administration recommends adoption of a by-law authorizing the execution of the “1230839 Ontario Limited”/Brouillette Manor Long Term Care Home site plan control agreement, satisfactory in form to the Town’s Solicitor, which agreement facilitates the phased development of a new 5408 square metre (58,211 square foot), 96-bed long-term care facility, the demolition of the existing 1,935 square metre (20,828 square foot) 60-bed long-term care facility and the addition of new associated parking areas, landscaped areas and on-site services/workson the 1.92 hectare (4.74 acre) parcel of land located between Brouillette Court and County Road 22, approximately 100 metres (328 feet) west of Shawnee Road (11900 Brouillette Court).
b. PBS-2021-21 Site Plan Control Agreement - Demeter Developments Inc. - 11941 Tecumseh Road. Administration recommends adoption of a by-law authorizing the execution of the “Demeter Developments Inc.” site plan control agreement, satisfactory in form to the Town’s Solicitor, which allows for the development of a four-storey apartment building consisting of 38 dwelling units and associated parking, landscaping and on-site services/works on a 0.43 hectare (1.06 acre) parcel of land situated on the south side of Tecumseh Road, approximately 80 metres west of its intersection with Shawnee Road (11941 Tecumseh Road).
c. PBS-2021-22 Financial Incentive Program Grant Application - Tecumseh Road Main Street Community Improvement Plan - Demeter Developments Inc. - 11941 Tecumseh Road - Development Charges Grant Program. Administration recommends that the Grant Application for the Tecumseh Road Main Street Community Improvement Plan (CIP) Financial Incentive Program, for the property located at 11941 Tecumseh Road (Roll No. 374402000000700), be deemed eligible and approved for the Development Charges Grant Program in the amount of $100,000 in relation to the construction of a four-storey, 38-unit apartment building proposed for the subject property, and that the construction timeline requirement for the proposed development be extended from one year to two years, in accordance with Section 11.3 (5) of the CIP.
d. PBS-2021-23 Financial Incentive Program Grant Application - Tecumseh Road Main Street Community Improvement Plan - Demeter Developments Inc. - 11941 Tecumseh Road. Administration recommends that the Grant Application for the Tecumseh Road Main Street Community Improvement Plan (CIP) Financial Incentive Program, for the property located at 11941 Tecumseh Road (Roll No. 374402000000700), be deemed eligible and approved for the Building and Property Improvement Grant Program, the amount of which will be determined based upon the incremental increase in the municipal portion of property tax that results from the works being completed in relation to the construction a four-storey, 38-unit apartment building proposed for the subject property, all of which is in accordance with Section 11.3 (5) of the CIP, and that the construction timeline requirement for the proposed development be extended from one year to two years, in accordance with Section 11.3 (5) of the CIP.
2. Public Works & Environmental Services
a. PWES-2021-19 2020 Bridge and Culvert Needs Study. Administration recommends that the 2020 Bridge & Culvert Needs Study (Structures with Spans >3.0m) be received; And that the recommendations contained within the 2020 Bridge & Culvert Needs Study (Structures with Spans > 3.0m) form the basis for prioritizing projects when completing the annual Public Works & Environmental Services Capital Works Plan. Two structures were identified with deficiencies that should be addressed within the next one to five years: Structure No. 1028 – East Townline Drain at St. Thomas Street Bridge and Structure No. 1029 – East Townline Drain at Little River Road Bridge.
b. PWES-2021-22 Manning Road Pump Station, Fish Pond Inlet Erosion Repair - Tender Award. Admininstration recommends that the low tender from SheaRock Construction Group Inc. in the amount of $129,790 plusHST, for the Manning Road Pump Station, Fish Pond Inlet Erosion Repair Tender, be approved.
c. PWES-2021-24 Larviciding for the 2021 West Nile Program. Administration provides an information report surrounding the 2021 mosquito larviciding program that will be undertaken by the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit.
Paramedics Week Banner. Councillor Rick Tonial has proposed accepting a request by Essex-Windsor Emergency Medical Services under the Town’s Banner Policy (Policy) for the placement of a banner on the Town’s polls on Tecumseh Road near the intersection of Southfield in recognition of Paramedics Services Week (May 23-29, 2021), to be funded by Essex Power.
For questions on these or other municipal matters, feel free to contact me at 226-773-1910 or [email protected]