The meeting of March 29th will begin at 4:30pm. It is a meeting to discuss Strategic Priorities.
The agenda can be found here.
For Parks, Administration recommends the following priorities:
Bert Lacasse Ball Diamond Upgrades – 2023, including
- Replace Existing Grandstand
- Replace Ball Diamond Backstop
- Renovate Entrance Plaza
- Site Plaza Works – Maintenance Garage
Artificial Turf Soccer & Baseball Fields -2023-2024
- Partner with Lessor replacing turf field with artificial turf
- McAuliffe Park - Replace one turf field with an artificial turf field & fencing
- McAuliffe Park - Replace 1 baseball diamond infield with artificial turf
CADA Library Renovation Project in Partnership with Essex County Library Board
- Phase #1: Community Consultations & Conceptual designs (2022)
- Phase #2: Upon Council and Library Board approvals, detailed design, tendering, award contract, commence renovation work (2023)Scenario #110
- Construct Lakewood Park Splash Pad and outdoor washroom facility 2023
- Lakewood Park –Picnic Shelter 2025
Southfield Park Splash Pad Washrooms – 2024
- Construct Southfield Park splash Pad and outdoor washroom facility
Maidstone Recreation Centre 2023-2025
- Outdoor Washrooms 2023
- Paving the Parking Lot 2024
- Develop a 4-court Pickleballfacility 2024
- Building renovations (as required) – update indoor washrooms, lighting, painting, flooring, entrance ramp - 2025
- Artificial Turf Field, Renovate Existing Buildings, New Dugouts, LED Lighting
Sportsplex Components – Tecumseh Arena – 2024-2026
- Double or Triple Gymnasium with program space, walking track & expansion of parking lot
Projects would be undertaken upon approval of upper level Government Grants
For Public Works Projects, four scenarios of priortization are put forward to support the expected residential growth in the area. These include servicing the Tecumseh Hamlet, the area near Manning Rooad south of County Road 42, the Oldcastle Hamlet and the Tecumseh Road Mainstreet Community Improvement Plan.
Facilitating the servicing growth projects would require the delay of the Tecumseh Road Mainstreet Community Improvement Plan (prospect of almost 10 years) and the completion of the Manning Road gateway.
For questions or comments on these or other municipal matters, please contact me at 226-773-1910 or [email protected]