Coming up at this week's meeting:
Beginning at 5pm there will be two meetings of the Court of Revision. The Court of Revision exists to approve special levies or charges to undertake additional work that would not normally fall under municipal taxes.
The first involves assessing affected residents for maintenance of the Dickson Drain. Further information can be found here: http://town.tecumseh.on.ca/amserver/Court%20of%20Revision/2015-03/24-17-00/Packet.pdf
The second involves assessing affected residents for maintenance of the South McPhee Drain. Further information can be found here: http://town.tecumseh.on.ca/amserver/Court%20of%20Revision/2015-03/24-18-00/Packet.pdf
Minutes for the Special Council Meeting of January 23, 2015, Strategic Planning and Priority Setting Session, for the Proposed Zoning meeting regarding a development proposed for 1310 Lesperance Road, and the Regular Council Meeting - March 10, 2015 are to be approved.
The packet covering the remaining items can be found here: http://town.tecumseh.on.ca/amserver/Regular%20Council%20Meeting/2015-03/24-19-00/Packet.pdf
Delegations will include:
- Harry J. Bell, Regional Manager, Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities speaking about the Jumpstart program that funds recreational programming spaces in the Town of Tecumseh.
- Fred Raby, President, St Clair Beach Optimist Club will speak to the new Taste of Tecumseh Food & Wine Festival that will be held June 20-21st.
Communications to be received will include:
- City of Woodstock Accessibility Advisory Committee - Canada Post Community Box Initiative. This resolution asks Canada Post to fully reconsider end to home delivery in Canada.
- Township of South Stormont, February 18, 2015 Re: Dedication of 1% of HST/GST to Municipalities. The Township of South Stormont has passed a resolution to dedicate 1% of the federal component of the HST to municipalities. Administration recommends supporting this resolution.
- LAS Municipal Energy Finance Workshop - April 28, 2015. Approval is required for Council members to participate in this event in Chatham.
- Ontario Association of Fire Chiefs Re: OAFC Municipal Officials Seminar, May 2 & 3. Approval is required for Council members to participate in this event in Toronto.
Approval of Committee Minutes:
- Police Services Board - February 10, 2015
- Corn Festival Committee - March 12, 2015
- Chief Administrative Officer, March 17, 2015, Strategic Planning Priorities. This report governs Council's strategic priorities for 2015 and 2016 detailing what we prioritize for the coming years as a Council.
- JCP Program Coordinator, March 13, 2015, This report speaks to the near-completion of an archiving program involving photography of Tecumseh Area Historical Society artifacts as well as past copies of the Tecumseh Tribune. This project began one year ago and approval is sought for an extension of a few more weeks to complete all works.
- Data Fix – Municipal Voter View Application, Voters List Management Services Agreement 2015-2018. Administration is recommending contracting with DataFix to correct the voters list over the next four years at a cost of $7000.
- Health & Safety Policy No. 7 and Violence and Harassment in the Workplace Policy No. 68 Annual Review - These Human Resources policies govern staff and Council members, and are regulatory in nature.
- Proposed Zoning By-Law Amendment, 1310 Lesperance Road, (Sapardanis / Masotti Construction) 07-15 Planning - This application was first presented at last meeting for consideration by Council and is now being brought forward for approval. The applicant is proposing to construct 2 6-unit buildings across from Ecole St. Antoine on Lesperance Road at Lanoue.
- Drinking Water Quality Management System, Operational Plan Version 5. This report is brought forward to be adopted as Council's plan to ensure safe drinking water for Tecumseh residents.
- Tender Award Supply of a Single Axle Truck & Snow Plow Package. This report speaks to the recommended acquisition of a new Single Axle Truck Snow Plow Package. While the lowest bidder is being recommended, the vehicle will not be able to be put into service in time for our next winter season. The cost will be $207,872.90 plus HST and acquisition will be from Team Truck Freightliner following a competitive bidding process.
- Tender Award for the Supply of a Tandem Truck and Contractors Dump Box. This report recommends the acquisition of a Tandem Axle Truck with Contractors Dump Box from Carrier Centers with Wiltsie – International Workstar at a cost of $177,026.50 following a competitive bidding process.
- Tender Award for the Supply of Various Vehicles. This report recommends acquisition of a 2015/2016 4 Door Passenger Vehicle (CUV/SUV) in the amount of $18,171 plus HST, from Windsor Chrysler and one (1) 2015/2016 4X2 3500 Reg. Cab and Chassis and Dump Body 1½ ton, in the amount of $58,624 plus HST, from Ken Knapp Ford following a competitive bidding process.
- A Taste of Tecumseh Food and Wine Festival. Council is being asked to grant approval for this event to be held on June 20-21 at Lakewood Park South organized by the Optimist Club of St. Clair Beach.
- The Bylaws being considered relate to the items discussed in the meeting as follows:
- 2015-22 - Being a by-law to amend By-law 1746, the Town’s Comprehensive Zoning By-law for those lands in the former Town of Tecumseh. (1310 Lesperance Road, Plan 279, Lots 24-26 Sapardanis / Masotti Construction) Bylaw No 2015-22 Zoning By-law Amendment D19 1310LE B.
- Bylaw 2015-23 - Being a by-law to authorize the execution of a Voter List Management Services Agreement between The Corporation of the Town of Tecumseh and Comprint Systems Inc. [DataFix]
- Bylaw 2015-23 DataFix (Voterview) Agreement
If you have any questions on these or other items related to Council, please leave me a message here or at 226-773-1910.