This week, the public meeting of Council begins at 6pm.
The first order of business is a statutory meeting to consider the rezoning at 11941 Tecumseh Road. There is a proposal to allow an apartment building of up to five storeys in height and a maximum of 51 residential dwelling units and one live/work unit, along with associated on-site surface parking. Currently, in the official plan, it is contemplated to be General Commercial Zone (C3) and it is being requested that this zoning be changed to General Commercial Zone (C3-14) which allows for apartment buildings. The nature of the development would be very similar to the recent 53-unit apartment development approved for next door, however at this time there are no renderings to show what the building would look like. The full packet can be found here:
At 6:30pm the Court of Revision meets to discuss assessing property owners living adjacent for the Repair and Improvement to the East McPherson Drain in response to a resident request for cleaning. The packet can be found here:
At 6:45pm Council meets to discuss the Repair and Improvement to the Webster Drain in response to a resident request for cleaning. The packet can be found here:
At 7pm, regular business begins. The packet can be found here:
- Cynthia Swift, CPA, KPMG Re: 2016 Audited Financial Statements;
- Kenneth Coulson Re: 2017 Senior of the Year;
- Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island (TWEPI) CEO, Gordon Orr, and Vice President Tourism Programs & Development, Lynnette Bain Re: TWEPI 2016 Year in Review. The latter presentation, Plenty of Reasons to Visit Windsor Essex - Video, can be found at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Tuv5GLOT86c1pIa1A5OXNVbXM/view?usp=sharing
- Roger Demars Re: Proposed Parking Restrictions on the East Side of Pentilly Road
- Fiona Bryden Re: Proposed Parking Restrictions on the East Side of Pentilly Road
- a. Ontario Honours and Awards Secretariat Re: 2017 Ontario Senior of the Year Certificate. The Ontario Government has recognized Mr. Kenneth Coulson as a 2017 Ontario Senior of the Year.
- b. City of St. Catharines Re: Canada's 150th Birthday (Flags). St. Catherines is seeking a sales tax exemption for Canadian Flags.
- c. Ontario Municipal Board Re: Decision Issued, Nabbout v. Tecumseh (Town). This reflects a notice of the Ontario Municipal Board that a hearing will be held on this issue, which is an appeal of the Del Duca rezoning decision to allow industrial development on North Talbot Road west of Weston Park. The hearing will be held on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 10 a.m.
- d. The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville Re: Speed Reduction on 400 Series Highways in Inclement Weather. Leeds-Grenville is seeking speed reduction measures for vehicles in case of inclement weather on Ontario freeways.
- e. County of Essex, Notice of Decision Re: Official Plan Amendment No. 38 - Town of Tecumseh Official Plan,
- 11957 Tecumseh Road. Essex County approves the Official Plan amendment supporting the new apartment building on Tecumseh Road west of Shawnee.
- f. OPG Nuclear Re: Ensuring Safe, Permanent Solution to Manage Nuclear Waste. Ontario Power Generation advises that it is willing to discuss their plans for burial of nuclear waste near the Bruce Nuclear Power Plant site.
- g. Town of New Tecumseth Re: Ontario Carbon Tax. New Tecumseth has asked the Province of Ontario to have the Climate Change mitigation measures broken out as a separate line item in electrical bills and is seeking Council's support. Administration is not recommending same.
- h. Town of Amherstburg Re: EMS Services. Amherstburg is seeking out a report explaining alleviating differences that municipalities pay for ambulance services in Essex County.
- i. Town of Essex Re: Request for Province to Halt All Wind Turbine Approvals in Unwilling Host Communities. The Town of Essex is requesting support for a prohibition of wind turbine construction in municipalities that do not want them.
- j. Kevin Ryan Re: Parking on Pentilly. Mr. Ryan opposes the changes to parking that were recommended by Councillor Altenhof for Pentilly.
Commnications where action is required include:
- a. Town of Shelburne, Re: Highway of Heroes. Administration recommends that the challenge by the Town of Shelburne be accepted, and that authorization be given to the purchase of a ‘Hero Tree’ in the amount of $150 for planting of along the Highway of Heroes.
- b. Township of Essa, Re: New Driver Sign. Administration recommends that the April 19, 2017 Resolution by the Council of the Township of Essa respecting New Driver signs, be received, as recommended by the Tecumseh Police Services Board (PSB 24/17).
a. Chief Administrative Officer Re: Supplementary Report on Ontario Power Generation Deep Geological Repository. This report provides further information regarding the planned storage of nuclear waste near the Bruce Nuclear Power Plant site.
b. Corporate Services & Clerk
- Director Corporate Services & Clerk, Report No. 13/17 Re: Farm Lease Agreement - John Nostadt, 2017 Crop Year. Administration is recommending that the Town enter into a one year term Lease Agreement with John Nostadt, of Nostadt Stock Farms (Nostadt), to farm the Town’s 18 acres of farmland located on the south side of Baseline Road and that By-law No. 2017-41 being a by-law to authorize the Mayor and the Clerk to execute a Farm Lease Agreement between Town and Nostadt for the 2017 Crop Year, be approved.
- Director Corporate Services & Clerk, Report No. 15/17 Re: Windsor Sports & Culture Club - 13th Annual Community Celebration - Noise By-law Exemption Request. Administration is recommending that relief be granted from the Noise By-law No. 2002-07, as amended, in order to permit the Windsor Sports & Culture Club to operate loud speakers, or sound amplifying equipment, on Saturday, July 29, 2017, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. for live band performances/entertainment during their annual community event celebration.
c. Financial Services
- Director Financial Services & Treasurer, Report No. 07/17 Re: Windsor/Essex Provincial Offences (POA) Annual Report 2016. The Town’s share of revenues in 2016 was $145,746, an improvement of $7,775 over prior year levels.
- Director Financial Services & Treasurer, Report No. 08/17 Re: 2016 Annual Report on Investment and Cash Management. There was a rate of return of 1.96% in short term investments, 4.42% on long term investments, and 3.62% on medium term investments.
- Director Financial Services & Treasurer, Report No. 10/17 Re: 2016 Development Charge Reserve Fund Statement. Administration recommends that the 2016 Development Charge Reserve Fund Statement, prepared in accordance with the Development Charges Act, 1997, S.O. 1997, c. 27, s. 43, be published. The development charge reserve fund balance as of December 31, 2016 was $467,836 but these funds are earmarked for growth-related projects.
d. Parks & Recreation Services
- Manager Recreation Program & Events, Report No. 13/17 Re: Transition Timelines for the Tecumseh Corn Festival. Administration recommends that the Director Parks & Recreation be authorized to enter into direct negotiations with a local community organization to take over the management of the Tecumseh Corn Festival; and further that Administration prepare a report for Council’s consideration regarding the results of the direct negotiations. There was previously a RFP that solicited no bids.
- Manager Recreation Program & Events, Report No. 16/17 Re: Tecumseh Terry Fox Run 2017. Administration is requesting that Council consider the request from the Tecumseh Terry Fox Run organizers to waive the associated fees for the use of Green Acres Optimist Park Pavilion and Community Centre for the Tecumseh Terry Fox Run on Sunday, September 17, 2017.
e. Planning & Building Services
- Director, Planning & Building Services, Report No. 21/17 Re: Financial Incentive Program Grant Application, Tecumseh Road Main Street Community Improvement Plan, 12233 Tecumseh Road (St. Anne Church), Building Façade Improvement Grant Program. Administration is recommending that St. Anne's Church be approved for a retrofit grant of $15,000.00 towards the costs associated with the façade improvements being undertaken in accordance with the Tecumseh Road Main Street Community Improvement Plan.
- Director, Planning & Building Services, Report No. 22/17 Re: Financial Incentive Program Grant Application, Tecumseh Road Main Street Community Improvement Plan, 1125 Lesperance Road (Carrots N’ Dates Restaurant), Sidewalk Café Grant Program. Administration is recommending approval of a Sidewalk Cafe Grant for a total amount of $2,000.00 toward the costs associated with the construction and installation of an outdoor patio associated with the Carrots N’ Dates restaurant in accordance with the Tecumseh Road Main Street Community Improvement Plan.
f. Public Works & Environmental Services
- Drainage Superintendent, Report No. 27/17 Re: Request for Repair & Improvement to a Municipal Drain Appointment of Drainage Engineer – Dawson Drain. Administration recommends that Gerard Rood, P.Eng., of Rood Engineering Inc. be appointed Drainage Engineer for the Dawson Drain.
- Manager Roads & Fleet, Report No. 28/17 Re: Parking Restrictions on Pentilly Road. Administration is recommending that parking be prohibited on the east side of Pentilly Road from Riverside Drive to Beach Grove Drive, with 3. ‘No Parking’ signs be installed to convey the parking restrictions on the east side of Pentilly Road from Riverside Drive to Beach Grove Drive; that the cost to purchase and install the ‘No Parking’ signage be funded from the Public Works Operating Budget; and further that parking on the west side of Pentilly Road along with any traffic or parking-related issues including potential damages to the structural grassed shoulders on the west side of Pentilly Road, be monitored.
- Manager Engineering Services, Report No. 29/17 Re: Amendment to the 2017-2021 PWES Capital Works Plan, Various Watermain Improvement Projects. Administration is recommending that the following projects be adopted for design in 2017 and construction in 2018:
a) Mack Court Watermain Replacement $230,400
b) Lacasse Park Watermain Replacement $327,700
c) Tecumseh Road Watermain Abandonment $207,300
d) Alden Crescent Watermain Replacement $154,800
e) Hwy #3 / Roscon Industrial Drive Interconnection $157,000
For a total of $ 1,077,200
- Manager Roads & Fleet, Report No. 32/17 Re: Dedicated Bike Lane Pavement Markings on Lesperance Road. Administration is recommending soliciting quotations for pavement marking painting (removal and reapplication) by Water Jetting or Grinding, along Lesperance Road from Riverside Drive to McNorton Street, to create dedicated bike lanes, with a cost allocation of $112,000 for the pavement marking painting be approved with funding to be provided from the Roads Lifecycle Reserve, and that consideration be given to carrying out the pavement marking painting (removal and reapplication) on Lesperance Road from Riverside Drive to McNorton Street, to create dedicated bike lanes, in the 2018 Public Works & Environmental Services Capital Works Plan due to congestion on Lesperance Road this summer and the potential of cost savings in 2018.
- Manager Roads & Fleet, Report No. 34/17 250 - 253 Re: 2017 Tar & Chip Tender Award. Administration recomemnds that a contract with Shepley Road Maintenance Ltd. for the 2017 Tar & Chip Tender, in the amount of $278,450 plus HST, be accepted. Tar and chip would include 8th Concession Road: South Talbot Road to County Road 8; Sexton Sideroad: Highway 3 to South Talbot Road and Sexton Sideroad Railroad Crossing.
- Manager Roads & Fleet, Report No. 35/17 Re: 2017 Asphalt Paving Tender Award. Administration is recommending that the low tender from Coco Paving Inc. in the amount of $829,390 plus HST, for the 2017 Asphalt Paving Tender, be approved and that the Mayor and Clerk be authorized to enter into a contract for the services with Coco Paving Inc. Streets include Outer Drive, Hebert Street, Juniper Court, Clarice Avenue, Mack Court, Burdick Crescent, Brouillette Court and Arlington Boulevard.
For questions on these or other municipal matters, please contact me at 226-773-1910 or [email protected]