Council begins at 5:30pm with a Public Information Centre regarding parking on Pentilly Road. There has been some parking on the pedestrian pathway in recent years and continuing. This was brought to Council's attention for action. Administration is recommending that we begin by installing "No Parking on Sidewalk" signage in an effort to reinforce that the behaviour is prohibited. The full packet can be found here.
At 6:30pm the Court of Revision will sit to determine assessing of costs related to cleaning of the Webster Drain to benefiting property owners. The full packet can be found here.
Regular business begins at 7pm. The full packet can be found here.
- Wendy Pulleyblank-Cunningham, The Olde Sandwich South & Area Historical Society Re: Request for Resource Centre at Fire Station No. 2. The historical society is seeking $48,000 to construct an addition to Fire Hall 2 for their programming and resource storage.
- Dan Beaulieu Re: Urban Chickens
COMMUNICATIONS FOR INFORMATION
a. Municipality of Kincardine & Municipality of Clarington write to show their support for the Bruce Power Deep Geologic Repository plan.
b. Town of Lakeshore Re: Notice of Open House and Complete Application. The Stewart Gilbert portable toilet business is seeking permission to add a new accessory building. An open house was held on July 13, 2017.
c. Community Schools Alliance Re: Call for Nominations. The organization is seeking nominations to its Executive Committee.
d. Township of North Stormont Re: Conservation Authority Act. North Stormont opposes new requirements by the Province of Ontario requiring that Conservation Authority boards be represented by at least 50% of its members having science backgrounds after 2018.
e. City of Owen Sound Re: Support Resolution - Request for Economic Impact Analysis. Owen Sound is requesting that an economic analysis be undertaken prior to implementing changes to the Employment Standards Act.
a. Financial Services 1. Deputy Treasurer & Tax Collector, Report No. 11/17 Re: 2018 Business Plan & Budget Timetable. It is recommended that Council adopt the following timelines for the 2018 budget:
- Council consultation September 12, 2017
- Public engagement September 12 to September 30, 2017
- Table proposed Business Plan & Budget November 14, 2017
- Council deliberations November 21, 2017
- Council deliberations (if needed) November 22, 2017
- Council consideration & adoption December 12, 2017
b. Fire & Rescue Services
1. Director Fire Services & Fire Chief, Report No. 06/17 Re: Tecumseh Fire Services – Q2 2017 Update. This report speaks to the activities of the Fire Department over the past 3 months and some comparisons of activities versus past years.
2. Director Fire Services & Fire Chief, Report No. 07/17 Re: Pumper/Rescue Unit #1 Tender Award. Administration is recommending that the tender for the Pumper/Rescue Unit #1 be awarded to Fort Garry Fire Trucks at a cost of $672,000 plus HST. Because this amount is higher than the estimated cost, additional funding of $86,000 would also need to be provided from the Fire Apparatus Lifecycle Reserve.
c. Parks & Recreation Services
1. Director Parks & Recreation Services, Report No. 04/17 Re: Community Support – Optimist Club St. Clair Beach. This report speaks to the role of the Optimist Club of St. Clair Beach in the community.
2. Manager Recreation Programs & Events, Report No. 17/17 Re: Optimist Club’s Family Fun Fair 2017. Optimist Club of St. Clair Beach is requesting relief from the Noise By-law in order to permit the Optimist Club of St. Clair Beach to operate loud speakers or sound amplifying equipment on Saturday, September 23, 2017 from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. for background and event announcements at McAuliffe Park. The Club is also seeking relief from the Town’s Sign Bylaw starting September 1, 2017 to permit them to advertise the Family Fun Fair on town lands provided that the signs do not impede traffic sight lines.
3. Manager Recreation Programs & Events, Report No. 18/17 Re: Tecumseh BIA’s Fall Into Health Day Event. Tecumseh BIA is seeking relief from the Noise By-law in order to operate loud speakers or sound amplifying equipment on Sunday, September 24, 2017 from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for background music and event announcements in Lakewood Park. Tecumseh BIA is also seeking an exemption from the Town’s Sign By-law starting August 28, 2017 to permit them to advertise the Fall Into Health Day event at various Town-owned locations, provided that the signs do not impede traffic sight lines.
d. Planning & Building Services
1. Manager Planning Services, Report No. 23/17 Re: Encroachment Agreement to Facilitate an Outdoor Patio, Lesperance Plaza Inc. (Carrots N’ Dates Restaurant), 1125 Lesperance Road. Carrots N' Dates is seeking permission to create an outdoor patio on Lesperance Road on the municipal sidewalk. There would be room for 6 tables. The area would be 34' x 12', leaving 18' of sidewalk available.
e. Public Works & Environmental Services
1. Drainage Superintendent, Report No. 36/17 Re: Request for Repair and Improvements to a Municipal Drain Appointment of Drainage Engineer -- Shuttleworth Drain. Administration recommends that Rood Engineering Inc. be appointed Drainage Engineer for the Town in order to examine the impacts of installing an access bridge located at 5074 North Talbot Road, and to prepare a Drainage Report for the Shuttleworth Drain (Drain) in accordance with Section 78 of the Drainage Act, including provisions for future maintenance of the Drain.
For questions on these or other municipal items, please contact me at 226-773-1910 or email@example.com