This week, Town Council begins at 7pm. The packet can be found here.
We will be discussing the following:
- Hannah Ruuth & Kristi Koutros, Youth Advisory Committee
- Doug Drouillard & Paul Morand, Senior Advisory Committee
COMMUNICATIONS FOR INFORMATION
a. Town of Lakeshore Re: Notice of Public Meeting. This notice is to advise of a public meeting to consider turning the planned Marijuana facility on Manning Road south of Hwy 401 into a Film Studio for a period of three years. The meeting will be held at 6pm on Tuesday July 11th.
b. Township of Lake of Bays Re: Resolution of Support Requesting the Tax-Exempt Portion of Remuneration Paid to Local Officials be Reinstated. Town Council members cannot claim deductions for expenses incurred to fulfill their duties (ex. this website, gasoline/vehicle). The federal government has previously allowed a blanket tax exemption for municipal councillors of 1/3rd of their council pay in lieu. In this year's budget this was taken away entirely. Lake of Bays wishes to see it reinstated and is asking for support.
c. Town of Amherstburg Re: Notice of Passing of a Zoning By-law. This By-law allows breweries and cideries to operate in agricultural areas.
d. The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario Re: Nominate an Outstanding Ontario Physician in your Community. The College wishes to recognize outstanding physicians and is soliciting nominations from the community. The deadline is October 2, 2017 at 5pm. Information can be solicited from [email protected]
e. Ministry of Education Re: Plan to Strengthen Rural and Northern Education. The province has announced a moratorium on rural school closings until a new planning process is set up.
f. International Joint Commission Canada and United States Federal Budget Strategy Re: Great Lakes & St. Lawrence Cities Initiative, and
g. Office of the Prime Minister Re: Great Lakes & St. Lawrence Cities Initiative. These letters acknowledge receipt of our communications expressing concerns with reduced federal Great Lakes remediation funding.
a. Corporate Services & Clerk
1. Director Corporate Services & Clerk, Report No. 16/17 Re: Essex Power Corporation, Appointment of Proxyholder for Shareholders' 2017 Annual Meeting. Administration is recommending that Mayor McNamara be designated to have voting rights at the Annual Meeting of Essex Power, and that lay appointee Tom Burton serve as the alternate.
2. Director Corporate Services & Clerk, Report No. 17/17 Re: Tecumseh BIA Night Market. The Tecumseh Business Improvement Area Board of Management [BIA] is hosting on Friday July 14th the next Tecumseh Night Market at the Tecumseh Town Centre Plaza, and consequently are requesting relief from the Noise By-law between 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm and from the Sign By-law from Friday, July 14 through Saturday, July 29, 2017, in order to display 24-inch by 18-inch size signs at the following Town owned locations: BIA Parkette, Tecumseh Arena, Lakewood Park, Poisson Parkette, Lacasse Park, Chippewa Park, and Green Acres Park; and to display a 5-foot by 3-foot sign on the fence located on the north side of the Tecumseh Town Centre Plaza facing County Road 22 subject to the concurrence of the County of Essex.
3. Director Corporate Services & Clerk, Report No. 18/17 Re: Storyboard - Harold Rindlisbacher. The Rindlisbacher family requesting approval for placement of a Storyboard regarding former Village of St. Clair Beach Councillor and Deputy Reeve, Harold Rindlisbacher, and his dedication to preserving the former Lakewood Golf Course as green space, located at Lakewood Park on the north side.
b. Parks & Recreation Services
1. Director Parks & Recreation Services, Report No. 14/17 Re: Update to Tecumseh Parks By-Law No. 2009-13. Administration is recommending that our by-law be updated to recognize that fishing can be allowed at Lakewood Park. Currently it is prohibited.
c. Public Works & Environmental Services
1. Manager Roads & Fleet, Report No. 37/17 Re: Sanitary Sewer Collection System Rehabilitation Project Sole Source – Manhole Inspections & Rain Catcher Installations. Administration is recommending contracting one-time services with the Ontario Government's Clean Water Agency in order to complete wastewater system manhole inspections, supply and install rain catchers and replace damaged manhole covers, all to reduce the inflow in the Town’s wastewater system.
For questions on these or other municipal items, please feel free to contact me at 226-773-1910 or [email protected]