Here's what's going to be discussed at Council this week:
6pm - Special Public Meeting regarding converting the present-day Bonduelle office building on Lacasse Blvd. facing St. Denis Street into a residence for 45 temporary foreign workers. Zoning permission for future expansion of this building to house a total of 60 workers is also contemplated.
More detailed information for this part of the meeting can be found here.
7pm - Council will be considering a number of items for communications and for potential action.
- Jim Tracey, Program Coordinator, Community Support Centre Re: CSC Programs and Services
- Tony Haddad, CAO, Luc Gagnon, Director Financial Services/Treasurer and Tom Kitsos, Deputy Treasurer/Tax Collector Re: 2015 Proposed Budget
- Mr. Christopher Hales, Chair, Tecumseh Police Services Board and Inspector Glenn Miller, Essex County OPP - Re: 2015 Police and Police Services Board Budget
Business items include:
- Receipt of approval for funding by the Ontario Heritage Trust for the Banwell Road Black Settlement Plaque
- Follow-up from Canada Post regarding Door to Door Delivery & Community Mailboxes. Canada Post has rejected the possibility a public meeting and advises that it will begin notification of residents whose properties are affected by proposed community mailboxes.
- Advisory from the Town of Lakeshore regarding rezoning and official plan amendments permitting Medical Marihuana Production
- Town accomplishments for 2014 as reported by Chief Administrative Officer
- Approval of new OPP New Billling Model
- Continued lease by the Town of the McAuliffe Woods Conservation Area
- By-law approval setting of Water & Wastewater Rates for the Year
- By-law approval of Committee Appointments
More detailed information regarding this part of the meeting can be found here.
Please let me know if you have any issues regarding these items by commenting here or by calling me at 226-773-1910.