This week, Town Council begins at 5pm.
A public meeting will be held to discuss a proposed zoning amendment at 12334 Arbour Street. The proponent would like to change the zoning to allow for construction of a semi-detached residential dwelling and establish site-specific yard and lot (i.e. building setbacks, lot coverage) requirements. Each dwelling unit is proposed to have an attached single-car garage accessed from Arbour Street. The agenda can be found here.
At 6pm, Town Council will reconsider the 7th Concession Drain report. The most recent report needs to be slightly revised because of a land sale and a request to install a new culvert. The agenda can be found here.
Regular business begins at 7pm. The agenda can be found here.
No delegations are present this evening.
- Windsor Essex County 2018 Accessibility Awards Call for Nominations for businesses, organizations and individuals who have
gone above and beyond in making our community a better place to live for persons with disabilities.
- Town of Essex Re: Offering School Properties to Municipalities. Administration is recommending that the resolution from the Town of Essex regarding the sale of surplus school properties to municipalities for a dollar, be supported.
- Essex Region Conservation Foundation Re: 30th Annual Golf Tournament. Administration is recommending that the Town’s Essex Region Conservation Authority (ERCA) representatives be authorized to attend the Essex Region Conservation Foundation's 30th Annual Golf Tournament, on July 12, 2018.
a. Parks & Recreation Services
1. PRS-2018-01, Optimist Club's Victoria Day Weekend Fireworks 2018. It is recommended that:
- The rental fees associated with use of the Optimist Community Centre and Green Acres Park for the Optimist Club of St. Clair Beach’s 2018 Victoria Day Fireworks Display, at a cost of $197 be waived; and that
- The fees associated with the fireworks permit as regulated under By-law Number 2013-50, a by-law to regulate the sale and use of fireworks, at a cost of $50, be waived; and that
- The Ontario Provincial Police schedule officers to walk through the park the evening of the fireworks display.
b. Planning & Building Services
1. PBS-2018-04, Encroachment Agreement, 1130 Lesperance Road. Administration is recommending that an existing building encroachment of the Amloze Pizza building on the public right-of-way be formalized by way of a legal agreement.
2. PBS-2018-05, Potential One-Year Moratorium on Commercial Development and Hotel Building Permit Fees. Administration is not recommending a one-year moratorium on commercial development and hotel building permit fees, but in the event that the moratorium is approved that any shortfall in building permit revenue that results be off-set by the Tax Rate Stabilization Reserve.
3. PBS-2018-06, 2017 Year End Permit Report. Administration recommends that construction value is down by -$8,591,736 or -16.7 percent over last year. This is due in part to a decrease in new residential construction over the previous year.
4. PBS 2018-07, D19 SANTA, Santarossa ZBA and Plan of Subdivision. Administration recommends approval of the a rezoning of the Santarossa lands, including designation of the stormwater management facility as existing woodlot/natural area and the designation of the remaining lands as a business park subdivision comprising five business park lots on a 29.0 hectare (71.6 acre) parcel of land situated at the north-east corner of the 8th Concession Road/County Road 42 intersection.
c. Public Works & Environmental Services
1. PWES-2018-07, Various 2018 Watermain Improvement Projects - Tender Award. Administration recommends that the tender for the Various 2018 Watermain Improvement Projects in the amount of $742,725 excluding HST be awarded to Sherway Contracting (Windsor) Ltd. As the project was under budget, funding allocations reflect a $251,100 decrease from the Watermain Reserve Fund.
2. PWES-2018-10, 2017 Tecumseh Distribution System - Inspection Report. The Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change inspection report for the Tecumseh Distribution System dated January 12, 2018 is received by Council. 100% compliance was reported.
3. PWES-2018-11, Source Protection Municipal Implementation Funding (SPMIF) Agreement Amendment No. 4. Administration recommends that By-law No. 2018-15 be adopted to authorize the Mayor and Clerk to execute the Source Protection Municipal Implementation Fund (SPMIF) Amendment No.4 and any future SPMIF amendments. Source water protection is a provincially mandated program.
4. PWES-2018-12, Drinking Water Quality Management System Operational Plan Version 8. Administration is recommending that the Drinking Water Quality Management System Operational Plan Version 8 be endorsed and committed to.
For information in these or other municipal matters, please contact me at 226-773-1910 or firstname.lastname@example.org