Town Council begins at 7pm this week. You can read the full agenda here.
a. Chief Administrative Officer
1. CAO-2019-03 Town Hall Expansion. Administration is proposing that $3.15M be invested into Town Hall for expansion to accommodate all customer-facing staff, to address a shortage of consultation and meeting space, and to improve access to Council Chambers. Funding would be from past surpluses (Tax Rate Stabilization Reserve $1.25M) and from a portion of the New Infrastructure Reserve revenues ($1.90M).
The proposed new look can be found here.
b. Planning & Building Services
1. PBS-2019-03, D11 STMAR, Ste. Marguerite d’Youville Elementary, Site Plan Control. Administration is recommending approval of a Site Plan Agreement for Ste. Marguerite d'Youville school. An 390 sq m expansion is proposed for the existing Day Care facility at the northwest corner of the building together with a new 16-space parking area at the north-western portion of the school, and on-site works, including new sidewalks and landscaping.
2. PBS-2019-04, Zoning By-law Amendment, 11079 Cty. Rd. 34. A public meeting is recommended to discuss a rezoning of 11079 County Road 34. This is the result of a a lot consolidation where a prohibition for building a new house is required under Provincial policy. The public meeting is proposed to be scheduled for Tuesday, March 26, 2019, at 5:30 p.m.
c. Public Works & Environmental Services
1. PWES-2019-09 FCM Grant Agreement Amendment. The Town's Storm Drainage Master Plan is funded in part from the Federation of Canadian Municipalities. An amendment to the funding agreement is requested to set the completion date at June 30, 2019.
2. PWES-2019-13 Drinking Water Quality Management System Operational Plan Version 9. Administration has updated the Safe Drinking Water operational plan and has submitted for Town Council approval. The plan updates content related to the link to the Quality Management System Policy on the website, commitments to the Town’s Quality Management System, additional detail respecting records, new procedures in place to maintain disinfectant residuals within the distribution system, risk assessment for hazardous events, and an explanation of how opportunities for improvement come about.
3. PWES-2019-15 County Road 11 (North) Sanitary Sewer - Tender Award. Administration is recommending a tender award for the County Road 11 (North) Sanitary Sewer in the amount of $1,199,000 to Shearock Construction Group Inc. The project also includes a new trail which will include recoveries from the County of Essex for the County Wide Active Transportation System (CWATS) of approximately $190,750.
4. PWES-2019-16 Rehabilitation of Bridges No. 1004, 1013 and 1014 - Tender Award. Administration recommends that the tender for the Rehabilitation of Bridges #1004, #1013 and #1014 in the amount of $518,915 excluding HST be awarded to South Shore Contracting of Essex County Inc.
For further information on these or other municipal matters, feel free to contact me at [email protected] or 226-773-1910.