Council begins this week at 6:30pm.
The Court of Revision is being convened at 6:30pm to consider the Engineer's Drainage Report to consider assessing the properties for the O'Keefe Drain. The Report can be found at http://town.tecumseh.on.ca/amserver/Court%20of%20Revision/2015-12/08-18-30/Packet.pdf
Regular business begins at 7pm. The full packet can be found here: http://town.tecumseh.on.ca/amserver/Regular%20Council%20Meeting/2015-12/08-19-00/Packet.pdf
The following delegations are being received from the following:
A. Tecumseh Rangers Bantam Major Team - Re: Ontario Baseball Association Provincial "A" Championship
B. Tecumseh Thunder Senior AAA Baseball Club - Re: Canadian National Championship
C. Steve Grigorakis - Re: Soccer Fields and Sign By-law
D. Luc Gagnon, Director Financial Services/Treasurer - Re: 2015 Water & Wastewater Rate Study
Communications were received from the following:
A. Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO), November 26, 2015. AMO thanks the Town of Tecumseh for its Syrian Refugee Donation
B. Canada Post, November 30, 2015. Canada Post advises that the Door to Door Delivery Conversion Program is on hold. Residences that have not received a permanent box are maintaining their door to door service until further notice. Those neighbourhoods that are receiving service through a community mailbox presently will continue to receive this service.
C. Ombudsman Ontario, November 30, 2015 - Re: New Municipal Jurisdiction Information, effective January 1, 2016. The Ontario Ombudsman advises that as of January 1, 2016, their office can begin accepting, resolving and investigating complaints about municipalities under the Public Sector and MPP Accountability and Transparency Act, 2014. The Ombudsman’s jurisdiction will extend to municipalities, local boards and municipally-controlled corporations, with some exceptions as set out in regulation.
D. Ernie Hardeman, MPP Oxford, PC Critic Municipal Affairs and Housing. MPP Hardeman advises that the provincial Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs will be holding Pre-Budget consultations during the weeks of January 18 and February 1, 2016. The Committee will hold public hearings in Windsor. Persons interested in making a presentation to the Committee can contact the Committee Clerk, Katch Koch, by noon on Friday, January 8, 2016, or a written submission can be submitted to the Clerk by 5:00 PM on Tuesday February 2, 2016. Mr. Koch can be reached at [email protected]
Corporate Services & Clerks
A. Director Corporate Services & Clerk, August 14, 2015, Report No. 21/15 - Re: Ontario Retirement Pension Plan. The Clerk provides a report for Council's information regarding the Ontario Retirement Pension Plan. If the Government of Ontario decides not to make an exemption for the municipality given its existing contributions to OMERS, the projected cost to the town could be $100,000 annually. Contributions to account for Seasonal and Part-Time Employees not receiving OMERS contributions would be approximately $10,000.
B. Acting Deputy Clerk, November 30, 2015, Report No. 48/15 - Re: Resolution Supporting National Zero Waste Council. Administration is recommending that Council pass a resolution that the National Zero Waste Council’s food waste reduction federal tax incentive proposal be supported and that the Government of Canada be urged to implement tax incentives for food producers, suppliers and retailers to donate unsold edible food, thereby, reducing unnecessary food waste, decreasing disposal costs to municipalities, reducing the environmental impact of food waste and addressing the issue of hunger and poverty in our community.
C. Director Financial Services & Treasurer, November 25, 2015, Report No. 16/15 - Re: Administrative Fees and Charges 2016. Administration is recommending fee and charge increases consistent with the Consumer Price Index.
D. Director Fire Services & Fire Chief, November 27, 2015, Report No. 06/15 - Re: Essex County Fire Services Training Feasibility Study. Administration is recommending that Council receives the Essex County Fire Services Training Feasibility Study, and that a committee of the Windsor/Essex County CAO group, in conjunction with the Fire Chiefs meet to establish a work program together with costs to implement the short term goals as identified in the Study, and that for the short term, an Essex County and City of Windsor fire services mobile LP Gas training simulator become a component of the County & City Fire Services Training Delivery Program, with the cost of such a resource to be shared by all participating municipalities and partners. A conceptual shared facility is proposed to be explored among potential area partners.
Planning & Building Services
E. Manager Planning Services/Senior Planner, November 26, 2015, Report No. 38/15 - Re: H.T. Reaume Construction Limited, Southeast Corner of Riverside Drive/Grant Avenue Intersection, Consent Agreement Approval. Administration is recommending approval of the division of this property into five residential lots.
F. Manager Planning Services, December 2, 2015, Report No. 39/15 - Re: Town of Tecumseh New Official Plan, Natural Heritage Discussion Paper, December 2015. Administration is presenting the Natural Heritage Discussion Paper to Council for information and future consideration as part of the overall Official Plan Review.
Public Works & Environmental Services
G. Manager Roads & Fleet, October 15, 2015, Report No. 60/15 - Re: No Parking along Shields Street from County Road 43 to the Easterly Limit of Shields Street Adjacent Vista Academy School. Parking along the south side of Shields Street, from County Road 43 to the easterly limit of Shields Street adjacent Vista Academy School is proposed to be prohibited.
H. Manager Engineering Services, November 3, 2015, Report No. 63/15 - Re: 2016-2020 Public Works & Environmental Services Capital Works Plan. Administration is recommending adoption of their proposed Capital Works Plan as follows:
- Tar & Chip: Sexton Side Road, Holden Road, Repairs
- Asphalting: 8th Concession / North Talbot Road / Oldcastle Road Intersection, Marine, Cove, Willow Court, Little River (Woodridge to Shawn), St. Denis St., Public Works / Water Yard
- Crack Sealing
- Arbour Street (east limits of the Windsor-Essex Catholic School Board to Lesperance Road)
- Remie Street (Poisson Street to St. Anne Street)
- St. Anne Street (Arbour Street southerly 300m to the cul-de-sac)
- Traffic Signals: Lesperance Road/Arbour Street, Lesperance Road / McNorton Street, Manning Road / St. Gregory’s Road, Manning Road / Green Valley Plaza, Manning Road / Tecumseh Road East, Tecumseh Road East / Green Valley Drive.
- Engineering: Tecumseh Road Mainstreet CIP Design, Transportation Master Plan
- Sidewalk Extensions and Repairs: South side of Riverside Drive from 12439 Riverside Drive to Lacasse Boulevard, South side of Little River Boulevard from Arrowhead Park to Lesperance Road, South side of St Denis Street from Carling Park to Lacasse Boulevard, East side of Lacasse Boulevard across the Bonduelle Parking Lot Entrance (approx. 45m in length), East side of Lesperance Road from 2100 Lesperance Road to Abraham Cole Park.
- Bridges: Pike Creek at County Road 2, Pike Creek at 12th Concession, Manning/Little River and Manning/St. Thomas (Repairs Only), Pike Creek at Baseline Road Relocate Steel Beam Energy Attenuator Termination. A Bridge and Culvert Assessment and Bridge and Culvert Needs Study are also proposed to be funded.
- Water: Water Tower Lighting, Mack Court Watermain, Lacasse Park Watermain, Intersection Road Watermain, County Road 42 Watermain, Water/Wastewater Master Plan Update
- Sewers: Dumouchelle/Outer Drive Sanitary, Pulleyblank/Crowder/Moro Sanitary, Oldcastle/8th Concession (Servicing Report), Gouin Storm, Pump/Metering Station Condition Assessment, East St. Louis Pump Station Building Repairs.
Drainage Superintendent, December 2, 2015, Report No. 68/15 - Re: South Malden Road Drain (Lower Portion) and Graham Drain Tender Award. Administration is recommending a contract award of $55,591.20 excluding HST to Murray Mills Excavating & Trucking (Sarnia) Ltd.
J. Director Public Works and Environmental Services, November 23, 2015, Report No. 56/15 - Re: Boulevard Maintenance By-law Amendment. Administration recommends that the Director of Public Works and Environmental Services be assigned responsibility for enforcing the Boulevard Maintenance By-law
K. Director Public Works and Environmental Services, November 12, 2015, Report No. 65/15 - Re: LED Streetlight Conversion Project. Administration recommends that an RFP be issued to solicit interested bidders to complete the LED Streetlight Conversion project.
L. Director Public Works and Environmental Services, December 2, 2015, Report No. 67/15 - Re: Removal of Snow and Ice from Sidewalks in the Town of Tecumseh and the Provision of By-law Enforcement. Administration is recommending increased efforts to enforce the removal of snow and ice by-law using existing staff resources.
- A. Bylaw 2015-79 - Being a bylaw to provide for the adoption of the estimates of all sums required (budget) for general municipal purposes for the Year 2016
- B. Bylaw 2015-80 - Being a by-law to provide for an Interim Tax Rate for the Year 2016
- C. Bylaw 2015-81 - Being a by-law to impose late payment charges for non-payment of taxes or any installment of taxes by due date
- D. Bylaw 2015-82 - Being a by-law to prescribe a tariff of administrative fees and charges for the Town of Tecumseh
- E. Bylaw 2015-83 - Being a by-law to establish the water and wastewater rates for the year 2016
- F. Bylaw 2015-84 - Being a by-law to amend By-law 85-18, the Town's Comprehensive Zoning By-law for those lands in the former Township of Sandwich South (13072 County Road 34)
- G. Bylaw 2015-85 - Being a by-law to authorize the execution of a Transit Delivery and Maintenance Services Agreement between The Corporation of the Town of Tecumseh and First Student Canada ULC
- H. Bylaw 2015-86 - Being a by-law to appoint members to the Tecumseh Heritage Committee for the term of Council 2015-2018
- I. Bylaw 2015-87 - A by-law to appoint members to the Tecumseh Accessibility Advisory Committee for the term of Council 2015-2018
- J. Bylaw 2015-88 - Being a by-law constituting and appointing a Committee of Adjustment and empowering the granting of Minor Variances for the term of Council ending in 2018
- K. Bylaw 2015-89 - Being a by-law delegating the authority for the giving of consents for the term of Council ending in 2018
- L. Bylaw 2015-90 - Being a by-law to confirm and appoint certain officers, servants and employees of The Corporation of the Town of Tecumseh (Deputy Clerk)
- M. Bylaw 2015-91 - Being a by-law to authorize the execution of a Consent Agreement between The Corporation of the Town of Tecumseh and H. T. Reaume Construction Limited
- N. Bylaw 2015-92 - A by-law to close up and authorize the sale of a portion of alley located on the west side of 12522 Ballard Street
- O. Bylaw 2015-93 - Being a by-law to confirm the proceedings of the December 8, 2015 regular meeting of the Council of The Corporation of the Town of Tecumseh
The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, January 12, 2016 beginning at 6:30pm for a Public Council Meeting.
If you have any questions or concerns with respect to these or other municipal matters please contact me at [email protected] or 226-773-1910.