This week, Tecumseh Town Council begins at 6:30pm with the Court of Revision. We are considering the assessment of drain cleaning charges to abutting properties. The reports regarding the Court of Revision meeting can be found here.
Regular business begins at 7pm. The agenda and reports can be found here.
- the Youth Advisory Committee and Senior Advisory Committee, speaking to Annual Accomplishments and Initiatives
- Majors McGuire Inc, Ron McGuire Re: Fire Facility Use Agreement
- Watson & Associates Economists Ltd., Gary Scandlan Re: Development Charges By-law (Note: This delegation will be heard at 8:00 pm.)
Communications - For Information includes:
a. Enwin Utilities Ltd. dated July 18, 2019 Re: Reintroduction of Fluoridation. Enwin formally advises the Town of LaSalle of the decisions by both Tecumseh and Windsor to reintroduce fluoride to the water supply.
b. Town of Lakeshore dated July 18, 2019 Re: Notice of the Passing of a Zoning By-Law Amendment. This notice concerns the proposed Holiday Inn Express and Suites located on the current Tecumseh Golf property on the north side of Amy Croft Drive near Manning Road.
c. James Sylvestre Development Ltd Letter dated July 19, 2019 Re: Development Charges Background Study dated June 13, 2019. James Sylvestre Development Ltd. supplies comments regarding the proposed Development Charges By-Law. The company identifies several concerns with the recommended approach of the municipality.
d. Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing dated July 22, 2019 Re: Provincial Policy Statement Review - Draft Policy. Minister Steve Clark advises of a provincial review of the Provincial Policy Statement that governs decision-making relevant to planning and land development decisions in the Province of Ontario.
e. Town of Lakeshore dated July 25, 2019 Re: Notice of Complete Application and Public Meeting. Melvin Orr Trucking is requesting the addition of a new barn located on their property. There will be a public meeting held on August 13th at 6pm, at the Lakeshore Town Hall.
Chief Administrative Officer
1. CAO-2019-05 Municipal Modernization Fund Allocation. Administration recommends that Council authorize Municipal Modernization Fund expenditures ($620,201) of up to $50,000 for the purchase, installation and annual support and maintenance fees (2019 and 2020) of eSCRIBE software and hardware required to implement Council meeting webcasting as per Report CS-2019-10. Administration is recommending allocating the remainder of the funds towards a variety of projects related to:
- Town Hall Expansion
- Online property tax inquiry service
- Cityworks Work Order Management
- Water Oasis Payment solution
- Online permit payment
- Organizational Review
- Corporate Dashboard Reporting
- Mobile Technology
- Speed Control Devices
- ConsignO Cloud Digital Signature Software
- Community LED signs
- Public Wi-Fi
- Citizen Satisfaction Survey
- Community Engagement
Corporate Services & Clerk
1. CS-2019-07 2020 December Holiday Schedule. Administration is recommending that the Tecumseh Town Hall Offices close for the 2020 December Holiday Season from Thursday, December 24, 2020, through to and including Friday, January 1, 2021.
2. CS-2019-12 Closed Meeting Investigator Appointment - 2020. Administration recommends that the Closed Meeting investigator Appointment change from Local Authority Services to the Ontario Ombudsman effective January 1, 2020 for a cost savings of $17,500, be reallocated to the Integrity Commissioner Reserve.
3. CS-2019-18 Call for 2019 Award Nominations. Administration recommends that paragraph 4.02 of the Awards Policy No. 2 be amended such that a Special Meeting of Council (or a Committee comprised of Members of Council) will be held on the fourth Tuesday of November each year, either before or after the Regular Meeting of Council, in order that the members may review the nominations and select the award recipient for each of the awards;
And further that nominations received for the Awards be considered at a Special Meeting of Council (or a Committee comprised of Members of Council) to be held on Tuesday, November 26, 2019, at 6:00 pm.
4. CS-2019-20 Advisory and Statutory Committees - Call for 2020 Applications. It is recommended that a Notice of Call be issued for Applications for the:
- Committee of Adjustment;
- Tecumseh Accessibility Advisory Committee;
- Cultural & Arts Advisory Committee;
- Heritage Committee;
- Senior Advisory Committee; and
- Youth Advisory Committee;
Fire & Emergency Services
1. FIRE-2019-07 Majors McGuire Confined Space Training Facility Rental. The Acting Fire Chief supplies a report regarding Major McGuire’s proposal to utilize the Town of Tecumseh Fire Department facilities for confined space rescue training at regular rental rates.
1. FS-2019-09 Water and Sanitary Billing. Administration recommends that performance of the Water and Sanitary billing and collection function for the Town continue to be provided by Essex Powerlines Corporation (EPC) for the 2019 and 2020 budget years; and that the Water and Sanitary billing and collection function be reviewed by Administration for the 2021 budget year.
2. FS-2019-10 Budget Variance Report - June 2019. Administration reports that the 2019 Quarter 2 Variance analysis projects a year-end surplus of $331,000 (Tax Supported surplus $183,000 and Rate Supported surplus $148,000).
Planning & Building Services
1. PBS-2019-27 Tecumseh Transit Service, January to June Statistical Review. Versus previous years, there are more users of the Tecumseh Transit service. It is believed that this is the result of an increase in student attendance at schools in Windsor.
2. PBS-2019-28 Six Month Permit Report. Construction value was reported at $12,725,965, which is down by $3,211,523 or 20 percent over last year. There have been 183 permits issued to date versus 253 for the same period last year.
3. PBS-2019-26 2019 Development Charges, Results of Public Meeting and Final Recommendation. Administration recommends that the 2019 Development Charges Background Study, dated June 13, 2019, as amended (if applicable), as prepared by Watson & Associates Economists Ltd, be received and approved.
4. PBS-2019-25 Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendments, Briday Developments, Scheduling of a Public Meeting. It is recommended that the scheduling of a public meeting, to be held on Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 5:00 p.m., in accordance with the Planning Act for applications submitted for the former Victoria School property. The proposal is to redesignate the property from “Community Facility” to “Residential”; and to rezone the subject property from “Community Facility Zone (CF)” and “Residential Zone 1 (R1)” to a site-specific “Residential Zone 3 (R3-16)”; to facilitate the development of the lands for a 63-unit residential condominium development consisting of five, two-storey townhouse dwellings totalling 23 units and two, three-storey stacked townhouse dwellings totalling 40 units.
5. PBS-2019-29 CIP Grant Funding Request, 12222 Tecumseh Road, Parking Lot Improvements. Administration recommends that the Grant Application for 12222 Tecumseh Road (Roll No. 374406000001800), be deemed eligible and approved for the Tecumseh Road Mainstreet Parking Area Improvement Grant Program for a total amount of $10,000 toward the parking lot improvements being proposed, in accordance with PBS-2019-29.
For questions on these or other municipal matters, please contact me at 226-773-1910 or [email protected]