Tecumseh Council is meeting at a special time on Thursday April 7th beginning at 7pm. The agenda can be found here.
Some local communication items include:
- Ontario Land Tribunal dated March 24, 2022 - Re: Withdrawn Appeal for OPA No. 1 and By-law No. 2021-46 for Briday
- County of Essex dated March 24, 2022 - Re: County Participation in the Regional Food and Organics Waste Management Project
1. Chief Administrative Officer - People & Culture
a. CAO-2022-04 Tecumseh 100th Anniversary - Legion Mural Project. Administration recommends that the Town, supported by the Tecumseh BIA, install a mural commemorating Col. Dr. Paul Poisson, Tecumseh's first Mayor.
b. CAO-2022-05 Tecumseh 100th Anniversary - My Main Street Grant Agreement. Administration recommends that By-law 2022-025, being a by-law to authorize the Mayor and the Clerk to execute an agreement for the My Main Street Grant that will support mural projects within the municipality, be adopted.
c. CAO-2022-06 Tecumseh 100th Anniversary Celebration - Windsor Symphony Orchestra Agreement. Administration recommends that By-law No. 2022-021, being a by-law to enter into an agreement with Windsor Symphony Orchestra for the purpose of providing musical performances during the Town’s 100th Anniversary Celebration, be approved; and that the Mayor and Clerk be authorized to execute the Agreement between the Town of Tecumseh and Windsor Symphony Orchestra, satisfactory in form and content to the Town’s Solicitor.
2. Community & Recreation Services
a. CRS-2022-05 Amend 2022 Parks Capital Works Plan - Bert Lacasse Ball Diamond Project. Administration is recommending that the Bert Lacasse Ball Diamond upgrades capital project be added to the 2022 CRS Parks Capital Works Plan;
And that the Bert Lacasse Ball Diamond Capital project as outlined in this report, in the amount of $3,321,000 including non refundable HST, be authorized and funded out of
the Infrastructure Reserve
And further that the project management cost of $75,000, be authorized and funded out of the Infrastructure Reserve.
And furthermore that Administration be authorized to negotiate under single source procurement section 3.4 of the Town’s Purchasing By-law 2021-60, with SFERA Architectural Associates Inc., to undertake Phase 2 of the architectural services work and upon successful negotiations receive approval from CAO and Purchasing Coordinator to enter into an agreement.
3. Public Works & Engineering Services
a. PWES-2022-13 LAS Sewer and Water Line Warranty Program Service Line Warranties of Canada Inc. Agreement Renewal Term. Administration recommends that notice be provided to Service Line Warranties of Canada Inc. that the Town intends to allow the ‘Renewal Term’ within section 3(a) of the Agreement to commence, whereby the Agreement will automatically renew for one additional year starting September 27, 2022.
b. PWES-2022-16 Larviciding for the 2022 West Nile Virus Program. Administration recommends that Correspondence be forwarded to the Ministry of the Environment and GDG
Canada (GDG) through the West Nile Virus program secretary at the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit;
And further that program costs in the amount of $6,000 be funded from the Public Works operating budget as approved in the 2022 Operational Budget.
c. PWES-2022-17 Getting Ontario Connected Act, 2022 - Proposed Legislation and Administrative Comments. Administration has supplied a variety of comments regarding legislative changes to the Getting Ontario Connected Act, 2022, as described.
- By-Law 2022-19 Being a by-law to authorize the execution of an agreement between the The Corporation of the Town of Tecumseh and Derkz Fine Arts.
- By-Law 2022-20 Being a by-law to authorize the execution of an Agreement between The Corporation of the Town of Tecumseh and the Royal Canadian Legion – Col. Paul Poisson, Branch 261
- By-Law 2022-21 Being a by-law to authorize the execution of an Agreement between The Corporation of the Town of Tecumseh and The Windsor Symphony Orchestra
- By-Law 2022-02 Being a by-law to amend By-law 1746, the Town’s Comprehensive Zoning By-law for those lands in the former Town of Tecumseh. (292 Lesperance)
- By-Law 2022-023 Being a by-law to amend By-law 2065, the Town’s Comprehensive Zoning By-law for those lands in the former Village of St. Clair Beach. (13554 Riverside Drive)
- By-Law 2022-024 Being a by-law to amend By-law 85-18, the Town’s Comprehensive Zoning By-law for those lands in the former Township of Sandwich South. (7035 10th Concession)
- By-Law 2022-025 Being a by-law to authorize the execution of an Agreement between The Corporation of the Town of Tecumseh and the Canadian Urban Institute for funding under the My Main Street Community Activator Program
- By-Law 2022-026 Being a by-law to expropriate lands required for municipal purposes.
For questions regarding these or other municipal matters, please contact me at 226-773-1910 or [email protected]