This week, Council begins at 7pm. Take a look at the full packet here.
a. Windsor-Essex Compassion Care Community, speaking to the Windsor-Essex Compassion Care Community Services and Event
b. Manager Recreation Programs & Events and Supervisor Recreation Programs & Events, speaking to the New Recreation Website - TecumsehRec.ca
c. The Hayes Family, speaking to a Canada Flag Donation
COMMUNICATIONS FOR INFORMATION
a. Municipality of Dutton Dunwich Re: Resolution Supporting Private Member's Bill of Sam Oosterhoff, MPP. Administration is NOT recommending endorsement of a Private Members' Bill that would allow municipalities to opt out of hosting wind turbines.
b. Ministry of Transportation Re: Province-wide Network of Cycling Routes in Ontario. Until May 12th members of the public can supply comment on the Cycle Ontario Strategy at Ontario.ca/cycling,
COMMUNICATIONS ACTION REQUIRED
a. Great Lakes & St. Lawrence Cities Initiative Re: Federal Budget Strategy. Administration is recommending that the model resolution provided by the Great Lakes & St. Lawrence Cities Initiative calling on the restoration of federal funding for the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence be adopted. The Initiative is seeking to have our endorsement calling on both the Canadian and United States governments to fund Great Lakes remediation at a suitable level.
b. Minister Responsible for Seniors Affairs Re: Seniors' Month in Ontario. Administration is recommending that the month of June 2017 be proclaimed as Seniors’ Month and that the proclamation be posted to the Town’s website and social media and
further that this communication from the Minister be shared with the Senior Advisory Committee.
c. Forests Ontario Re: Ontario150 Initiatives. Administration is recommending that Forests Ontario's celebration of Ontario150 by launching two initiatives, The Heritage Tree Program and Ontario's Green Leaf Challenge (GLC), in addition to the existing 50 Million Tree Program (50MTP), be promoted on the Town's website and social media sites.
a. Youth Advisory Committee April 10, 2017. The Youth Committee put on a Scavenger Hunt this past Saturday for Earth Day, and is inquiring as to a "Rock and Swim" event in late June.
b. Heritage Committee. Progress is being made with respect to updating the Heritage Registry.
c. Cultural & Arts Advisory Committee. The Tecumseh Coffee House is well on its way. It will be held on Friday May 12, 2017.
d. Court of Revision. This meeting was held to receive feedback regarding the cleaning of the Seventh Concession Drain and apportionment of costs to different property owners.
a. Corporate Services & Clerk
1. Director Corporate Services & Clerk, Report No. 07/17 Re: 2018 Municipal and School Board Elections Method of
Voting. Administration is recommending continuing with Internet and Telephone Voting for the 2018 election. In the last election, 82% of voters chose Internet Voting.
b. Fire & Rescue Services
1. Director Fire Services & Fire Chief, Report No. 05/17 Re: Tecumseh Fire Services - Q1 2017 Update. This report speaks to some of the activities that have taken place in the Fire Department and the number of calls responded to.
c. Parks & Recreation Services
1. Director Parks & Recreation Services, Report No. 08/17 Re: Essex Region Greenway Trail Extension Tender Award. Administration is requesting that the tender for the Essex Region Greenway Trail Extension in the amount of $474,984 plus HST be awarded to Total Source Contracting. The Town of Tecumseh is proposed to contribute $180,000 through the Lifecycle Reserve.
d. Planning & Building Services
1. Director Planning & Building Services, Report No. 11/17 Re: Canada-Ontario Affordable Housing Program, 2016 & 2017
Rental Housing Component of the Social Infrastructure Fund. Administration is recommending that the Town continue its participation in the Canada-Ontario Affordable Housing Program, 2016 and 2017 Rental Housing Component of the Social Infrastructure Fund as delivered under the existing Investment in Affordable Housing Program Extension (IAHE); that the mandatory program requirements identified under the IAHE, requiring setting the property tax rate for multi-unit residential units receiving capital program funding at the effective rate equivalent to the single-unit residential rate for the Town, be provided; and that a Municipal Housing Facility By-law to enable municipal contributions pursuant to the Municipal Act, 2001, be adopted.
e. Public Works & Environmental Services
1. Drainage Superintendent, Report No. 20/17 Re: Request for Repair and Improvements to a Municipal Drain, Appointment of Drainage Engineer – Shreve Drain. Administration is recommending that Landmark Engineering be appointed Drainage Engineer to make an examination of the drainage area as submitted by the Town of Tecumseh on behalf of the Essex Region Conservation Authority for a bridge installation and to prepare a Drainage Report for the Shreve Drain (Drain) in accordance with Section 78 of the Drainage Act, including provisions for future maintenance of the Drain.
2. Drainage Superintendent, Report No. 21/17 Re: Request for Repair & Improvement to a Municipal Drain, Appointment of Drainage Engineer – South Talbot & Holden. Administration is recommending that Dillon Consulting Ltd. be appointed Drainage Engineer to make an examination of the drainage area as submitted by 1185604 Ontario Inc. and to prepare a Drainage Report for the South Talbot & Holden Outlet Drain (Drain) in accordance with Section 78 of the Drainage Act, including provisions for future maintenance of the Drain.
3. Manager Roads & Fleet, Report No. 24/17 Re: Supply of Tandem Axle Truck and Snow Plow Package. Administration is recommending that the purchase of one Tandem Axle Truck and Snow Plow Package in the amount of $282,229.95 plus HST be awarded to Team Truck Centers Ltd.
4. Manager Roads & Fleet, Report No. 25/17 Re: 2017 Supply of Various Vehicles, Tender Award. Administration is recommending that the following vehicle purchases be awarded to Oxford Dodge Chrysler (1992) Ltd.: a) Item 1: one (1) 2500 Crew Cab Pickup Truck, in the amount of $34,713 plus HST; and b) Item 2: one (1) 1500 Ext. Cab Pickup Truck, in the amount of $29,886 plus HST.
For questions on these or other municipal matters please feel free to contact me at 226-773-1910 or [email protected]