This week, Tecumseh Town Council begins at 5pm. We are beginning with a look at the Tecumseh Road Mainstreet Detailed Street Design. You can read the information to be presented here.
Some modifications are being proposed:
- Creation of additional laneways to replace closed driveways with reciprocal access for adjacent properties
- Reconfiguration of Ticonderoga Park to accommodate a new laneway
- Change of Lanoue Street to two-way traffic.
- Leaving some of the overhead electrical wiring in place at the west limit of the project.
Gail Shillingford of Dialog Consultants and Laura Herlehy of Dillon Consulting have been working on the project and will be presenting the specifics of the most recent update.
At 7pm, regular business begins. The reports can be found here.
- Steven Jelich, Director, Southwest Region Operations, Enbridge Gas Inc. Re: Windsor Pipeline Replacement Project. Enbridge (formerly Union Gas) is replacing approx. 60 km of the existing Windsor natural gas pipeline, an 8-to-10-
inch diameter pipeline, with a new 6-inch pipeline to be constructed in the vicinity of the existing pipeline. The 6-inch pipeline will operate at higher pressure. Construction cost is $88M (est.) and project will occur between Oldcastle and Port Alma, primarily along County Rd. 46, Lakeshore Rd. 309, and Goodreau Line.
- Luc Gagnon, Director Financial Services & Treasurer and Rick Wellwood, Development Officer Re: Retirement Recognition
Communications - For Information include:
- Ministry of Infrastructure and Communities dated March 27, 2019 Re: Provision of an additional $2.2 billion to the Gas Tax Fund. The Government of Canada advises that it has supplied these additional funds and are geared towards municipalities. Funds shall be distributed through the Government of Ontario.
- Township of Tudor and Cashel dated April 2, 2019 Re: Cost for service delivery for hydro. Tudor and Cashel have indicated that electricity delivery fees are felt to be excessive and are asking for a review of these charges.
- City of Windsor dated April 15, 2019 Re: Notice of Complete Application for 1920 Grove Ave. Windsor has received an application for development of a subdivision at the former St. John Catholic School at 1920 Grove Avenue and are advising Lasalle, Tecumseh and Lakeshore as a courtesy.
- City of Brantford dated April 16, 2019 Re: Single Use Plastic Straws. Brantford Council is considering restricting the use of single use plastic straws within their boundaries.
- Greater Essex County District School Board dated April 18, 2019. Re: Education Development Charge Rate Change. Effective Monday April 22, 2019, the residential EDC rate will be increasing to $605 for both the City of
Windsor by-law and the County of Essex and Township of Pelee by-law.
Communications - Action Required
- Town of Saugeen Shores dated February 11, 2019 and Municipality of Brockton dated March 26, 2019 Re: Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program. It is requested that the Town of Tecumseh support the Town of Saugeen Shores and the Municipality of Brockton resolutions on the Government of Canada and the Province of Ontario to open the application process and accept applications for the Bi-lateral "Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program". Each of the municipalities is requesting that the provincial government make the existing federal funding available to municipalities and to open the application process for these funds.
- Business Improvement Area dated April 15, 2019 Re: Exceptions to the Town's Noise By-Law and Sign By-Law for the Night Market Events dated June 21 and July 19, 2019. The BIA is requesting an exemption from the Town’s Noise By-Law and Sign By-Law for the Town of Tecumseh BIA Night Market events being held on Friday, June 21, 2019 at Green Valley Plaza, 13300 Tecumseh Rd. E. and on Friday, July 19, 2019 located at the Tecumseh Towne Centre Plaza, at 1614 Lesperance Rd. and County Rd. 22 to allow signage in parks and on Town property, and to allow noise between 8pm and midnight.
Corporate Services & Clerk
CS-2019-11 Checker Flag Storyboard. It is proposed to place a Checker Flag Speedway Storyboard, which recognizes its
physical attributes and historical timeline in the community, located within Cranbrook Park. The cost will be paid for by Mr. John Lucier.
Fire & Emergency Services
FIRE-2019-02 Tecumseh Fire Services Q1 Update. Calls for service in the first part of the year have declined versus previous years with 26, 22 and 25 calls in January, February, and March respectively.
Planning & Building Services
PBS-2019-09, D19 69308TH, Zoning By-law Amendment, 6930 8th Concession. Administration recommends the scheduling of a public meeting on Tuesday May 28th at 6pm to facilitate the severance of residential lot from an existing farm and to preclude further houses from being built on the remnant parcel at 6930 8th Concession.
Public Works & Environmental Services
- PWES-2019-21 2018 Tecumseh Distribution System - Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks Inspection Report. Administration advises that the Town’s water distribution system did not have any non-compliance issues with regulatory requirements as a result of a Ministry inspection on February 28, 2019. The Town’s inspection risk rating is 0.00% and the final inspection rating is 100.00%. Those ratings represent the best possible rating achievable.
- PWES-2019-22 2018 Bridge and Culvert Needs Study. The 2018 Bridge & Culvert Needs Study for Structures with Spans > 3.0m is recommended to be received, and the recommendations contained within the 2018 Bridge & Culvert Needs Study for Structures with Spans > 3.0m are proposed to form the basis for prioritizing projects when completing the annual Public Works & Environmental Services Capital Works Plan.
- PWES-2019-24 Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program Rural and Northern Communities Funding Stream 2019 Intake. Administration recommends that an application for funding under the Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program (ICIP): Rural and Northern Communities Funding Stream – 2019 Intake for a future commitment to the Manning Road Improvement Project Phases 2 and 3 to be completed in 2021-2022.
- PWES-2019-25 Internal Lining Replacement of the Town of Tecumseh Elevated Water Tank. Administration recommends a sole source purchase with Landmark Municipal Services (Landmark) to sandblast and re-line the
interior of the Town of Tecumseh’s elevated water tank in the amount of $448,365 excluding HST.
- PWES-2019-26 Arlington Boulevard Petition. 20 of the 67 properties on Arlington Boulevard from Riverside Drive to St Gregory’s Road have requested the acceleration of improvements to Arlington Boulevard including a traffic calming mechanism (e.g. all-way stop, speed bump or roundabout) at Arlington and Hayes, install a sidewalk
or foot and/or bike path along one side of Arlington Blvd. on the stretch from Riverside Drive to St. Gregory's, and implement a speed limit reduction along Arlington Blvd.
For questions on these items or other municipal matters please contact me at (226) 773-1910 or firstname.lastname@example.org