This week, Council meetings begin at 6:30pm, starting with the Court of Revision for the McLean-Hergott Drain. The Court of Revision is to hear from any assessed landowner being required to make a financial contribution to the future maintenance of the drain.
The packet for the Court of Revision can be found here.
Regular business begins at 7pm. The full packet can be found here.
- Fire Captain Ray Simard, Captain Wade Bondy, Firefighter Chris Pearson, Firefighter Ron Gambriel, and Firefighter Josh Easby. Council will be recognizing their efforts to help restore vital life signs for a victim and assist in their recovery.
- Brad Coxon, Coxon's Towing Services, will be recognized for a contribution to Tecumseh's Fire Department
- Fred Raby, President, David Lozinsky, Secretary and Renee Froese of the Optimist Club of St. Clair Beach will be present to speak to a proposed Family Fun Fair to be held on Saturday, September 24, 2016 from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at McAuliffe Park.
Communications being received include:
- Town of Lakeshore, March 11, 2016, Re: Ontario Municipal Board Simplified Process Town of Lakeshore - Re Ontario Municipal Board Simplified Process. Lakeshore has requested that municipalities act as the appeal body, free of charge to appellants, for Official Plan matters and that the Ontario Municipal Board no longer have an authority to overturn portions of a provincially approved municipal Official Plan.
- Investment in Affordable Housing Program for Ontario Extension (IAH-E), Re: 2016 Homeownership Downpayment Assistance Program 2016. This advises that thanks to a federal/provincial program, downpayment assistance of 10% of the purchase price of an eligible home, up to a maximum of $19,700 is provided by a 20-year forgivable loan registered on title as a second mortgage, on a first come first serve basis.
- Town of Tecumseh, April 1, 2016, Re: Notice of Study Commencement, Water and Wastewater Master Plan Update Notice of Commencement. Tecumseh is undertaking a water and wastewater infrastructure master plan
- Town of Tillsonburg, April 4, 2016, Re: Support for resolution re Waste Management Town of Tillsonburg. Tillsonburg has requested provincial legislation mandating that municipalities be held responsible for the waste that they generate and that solid waste destined for landfill would not leave the jurisdiction.
- Minister Responsible for Seniors Affairs, March 2016, Re: Seniors' Month in Ontario, June 1 - 30, 2016. The Province proposes that municipalities proclaim June as Seniors Month. Administration recommends adoption of this.
- Director Fire Services & Fire Chief, April 4, 2016, Report No. 03/16, Re: Fire Chief's Q1 of 2016 Fire Rescue Services. This report updates Council as to Fire Department activities between January and March 2016.
- Manager Recreation Programs & Events, March 2, 2016, Report No. 11/16, Re: Optimist Club's Family Fun Fair. Administration is recommending that Council approve a noise by-law exemption for the Optimist Club of St. Clair Beach Family Fun Fair to be held on Saturday, September 24, 2016 from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at McAuliffe Park. In addition, an exemption from the Sign By-law is requested to allow for event signage to be placed on the public highway leading up to the event.
- Drainage Superintendent, April 12, 2016, Report No. 18/16, Re: Request for Repair and Improvements to a Municipal Drain, Appointment of Drainage Engineer - Malden Road West Drain. Administration is recommending that Dillon Consulting be appointed as the Drainage Engineer for the improvement of the Malden Road West Drain.
- Manager Engineering Services, March 29, 2016, Report No. 20/16, Re: Dumouchelle Street, Outer Drive Sanitary Sewer Extension. Administration is recommending acceptance of the tender bid for the Dumouchelle Street, Outer Drive Sanitary Sewer Extension in the amount of $1,777,543 excluding HST from D’Amore Construction (2000) Ltd. Also of note for this project is that this project will realize a savings of $424,162 from the expected cost.
If you have any question on these or other matters related to Town Council, please contact me at 226-773-1910 or [email protected]