Council begins this week at 5pm.
The evening begins with a Special Council Meeting to discuss the implementation of the ward boundary review approved last week. The new wards are:
- Ward 1: Riverside to north of St. Thomas, Windsor border to Centennial
- Ward 2: Riverside to Via Rail Tracks, East of Centennial/Amberly/Meadowland/Harvest to Pike Creek
- Ward 3: St. Thomas to County Road 22, Windsor border to west of Amberly/Meadowland/Harvest
- Ward 4: County Road 22 to Canadian Pacific Railway
- Ward 5: Canadian Pacific Railway to County Road 8
The full packet can be found here.
At 6:30pm the Court of Revision meets to determine the charges assessed to property owners serviced by the Seventh Concession Drain. The full packet can be found here.
Regular business begins at 7pm. The full packet can be found here.
a. Shea Dunn & Triston MacDonald, Sunset Metal Fab Inc. regarding the Tecumseh Fire & Rescue Services Wall Sculpture
b. Anthony Corona, President, Optimist Club of St. Clair Beach regarding the Taste of Tecumseh Festival
a. Corporate Services & Clerk
1. Director Corporate Services & Clerk, Report No. 03/17 Re: Changes to the Municipal Elections Act. This is an information report regarding recent legislative changes surrounding elections to Municipal Council. Some of the highlights are:
- The Nomination Period now begins on May 1st and will run until the fourth Friday in July (July 27, 2018). The nomination period is now thirteen (13) weeks instead of the previous (37) weeks. Candidates will be required to obtain twenty-five (25) endorsement signatures from eligible electors.
- Various changes to deadlines and dates
- Prohibition of corporate and union donations to candidates
- Restrictions on third party advertising
- Authority to establish ranked ballots
- Further authority delegated to the municipality's clerk regarding voting hours, electronic filing, and amendments to the voters' list
- Clarity with respect to election signs and prohibitions
- Ability to undertake recount methodology based on local needs
2. Director Corporate Services & Clerk, Report No. 05/17 Re: Request for Noise By-Law Exemption - County of Essex Intersection of County Road 22 and County Road 19 [Manning Road]. Construction is pending for this intersection and the County is asking to allow contractors to work early in the morning and late at night. The specific hours requested are not identified.
3. Director Corporate Services & Clerk, Report No. 06/17 Re: Changes to the Wards & Boundaries and Composition of
Council. Administration is recommending finalization of the new ward boundaries and approval of the resulting by-law.
b. Financial Services
1. Director Financial Services & Treasurer, Report No. 03/17 Re: Ontario Infrastructure and Lands Corporation (OILC) Borrowing 2017. Administration is recommending that our town's short-term financing be obtained from Infrastructure Ontario at a rate of 1.86% for the Dumouchelle / Outer Drive sanitary sewer project.
c. Parks & Recreation Services
1. Manager Recreation Programs & Events, Report No. 02/17 Re: Taste of Tecumseh Festival 2017. Administration is recommending that The Optimist Club of St. Clair Beach be authorized to sell and serve alcoholic beverages for consumption by patrons at Lakewood Park from Friday, June 16, 2017 through to and including Saturday, June 17, 2017; that it be granted an exemption from the Town’s Sign By-law starting May 1, 2017 to permit them to advertise the Taste of Tecumseh Festival in various Town parks, and that it be granted relief from the Noise By-law to operate loud speakers or sound amplifying equipment during the 2017 Taste of Tecumseh Festival for the purposes of musical entertainment and event announcements on Friday, June 16, 2017 and Saturday, June 17, 2017 from 5:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
2. Manager Recreation Programs & Events, Report No. 03/17 Re: Optimist Club’s Victoria Day Weekend Fireworks 2017. Administration is recommending that the Town exempt the Victoria Day fireworks event from rental and permit fees associated with the use of the Optimist Community Centre and Green Acres Park for the Optimist Club of St. Clair Beach’s 2017 Victoria Day Fireworks Display be waived; and that the Town supply Ontario Provincial Police coverage.
d. Planning & Building Services
1. Manager Planning Services, Report No. 09/17 Re: Site Plan Control Agreement, Hasan Bahcheli and Emine Bahcheli - 14306 Tecumseh Road. Administration is recommending approval of the negotiated Site Plan for a new plaza to be located on the northeast corner of Brighton and Old Tecumseh Road next to Pud's Place Marina.
2. Manager Planning Services, Report No. 10/17 Re: Supply of New Transit Bus Request for Quotation. Administration is recommending that the Town purchase a 2017 Champion LF Transport Ford E450 Chassis V-10 6.8L Gas Cutaway Style Low Floor Accessible Community Transit Bus, supplied by Crestline Coach Ltd, at a price of $184,146.00 plus HST.
For questions on these or other municipal matters please be in touch with me at 226-773-1910 or [email protected]ndrewdowie.ca