This week, Tecumseh Town Council begins at 6pm with a Public Meeting. The agenda can be found here.
Town Council will consider public comment on a rezoning application for a 1.8 hectare (4.4 acre) parcel of land situated on the west side of Manning Road, approximately 300 metres south of its intersection with South Talbot Road (7095 Manning). The purpose of the proposed amendment is to rezone the subject property from "Agricultural Zone (A)" to a site specific "Agricultural Zone (A-28)" that will permit a poultry processing and repackaging facility to operate from the larger of the two agricultural buildings located on the property. The subject property is designated “Agricultural” in the Sandwich South Official Plan.
Immediate neighbours support the proposed use.
Regular business begins at 7pm. The agenda can be found here.
Delegations include Tom Kitsos, Zora Visekruna and Phil Bartnik. Re: Asset Management Plan Version 2. Administration reports that the town's lifecycle program must be updated based on more recent information. The current plan has a shortfall of a $2.2 million annual deficit on tax-supported programs and a $0.4 million annual deficit on rate-supported programs over 20 years. The roadways deficit totals $26.7 million (with the Tecumseh Road CIP expected to be constructed between 2024 and 2035); the bridges deficit totals $10.7 million, the stormwater deficit totals $24.6 million; and the wastewater deficit totals $11.2 million, and the facilities deficit totals $12.2 million.
a. Chief Administrative Officer
1. CAO-2018-06 AMO Main Street Revitalization Grant. Administration recommends that a new accessible pathway at the Tecumseh Heritage Museum, which is in the Town’s Tecumseh Road Main Street CIP Area, be approved, at an estimated cost of $12,500 plus HST, and that the by-law authorizing the Town to enter into an Agreement with the Association of
Municipalities of Ontario be approved to receive funding from the Province from its Main Street Program. Tecumseh’s one time allocation is $58,195.14. The remainder will be spent prior to 2020.
b. Financial Services
1. FS-2018-05 Statement of Remuneration and Expenses Paid in 2017. Administration releases the remuneration given to each of the members of Council.
Total Compensation for me included $ 27,007 for meeting time and $4,728 in expenses reimbursed, which are attributable to the Federation of Canadian Municipalities, Ontario Small Urban Municipalities and Association of Municipalities of Ontario West conferences that I had attended in 2017.
c. Parks & Recreation Services
1. PRS-2018-13 Lakewood Park - Tree Carving Cadillac and LaSalle. Administration is recommending that Erie Treasures Custom Chainsaw Art be contracted in the amount of $4,500 plus HST to carve the likeness of Antoine de Lamothe Cadillac and René-Robert Cavelier, Sieur de LaSalle in the damaged tree at Lakewood Park and that an additional $1,000 plus HST be allocated to landscape the area after the carving has been completed. Funds would be provided from the One-Time Strategic Issues Lifecycle
d. Planning & Building Services
1. PBS-2018-13 Results of Public Consultation Process and Recommended Changes to the TTS for 2018. Administration is recommending to:
- Eliminate the East Pointe Trails bus stop
- Shift the Manning-to-Little River transit route to Manning-Tecumseh-Green Valley-St. Gregory-Revland-St. Thomas Street
- Move Riverside Drive route to Dillon Drive
- Provide two-way service on Southfield-Brouillette-Shawnee and eliminate Tecumseh Road service between Southfield and Shawnee.
- Eliminate Tecumseh Towne Centre bus stop.
2. PBS-2018-14 CIP Grant Funding, 1071 Lesperance Road. Administration is recommending approval of a Grant Application for the Tecumseh Road Main Street Community Improvement Plan Financial Incentive Program, for the property located at 1071
Lesperance Road and deemed eligible for Financial Incentives in an amount of $3,000.00 toward the preparation of architectural drawings.
For information on these or other municipal matters please contact me at 226-773-1910 or [email protected]