A special meeting of Council is being held on Tuesday October 30th at 5pm to discuss a Site Plan Control agreement for the Lakeview Montessori School located at Riverside Drive and St. Mark's. The full agenda can be found here.
Administration is recommending that Council pass a by-law authorizing the execution of the “Lakeview School” site plan control
agreement, satisfactory in form to the Town’s Solicitor, which allows for a 948 square metre (10,208 square foot) addition to the Lakeview Montessori School, consisting of a 511 square metre (5,503 square foot) gymnasium addition and a 437 square metre
(4,705 square foot) school addition, along with associated parking, landscaping, outdoor playground areas and on-site services/works on 0.64 hectare (1.6 acre) parcel of land situated on the southeast corner of the Riverside Drive/St. Mark’s Road intersection (13797 Riverside Drive).
Work contemplated is as follows:
- The 511 square metre (5,503 square foot) gymnasium addition on the southerly portion of the property and a 437 square metre (4,705 square foot) school addition to the central/internal portion of the property;
- A new asphalted parking area on the southerly portion of the property abutting the proposed new gymnasium that will accommodate 10 vehicles and will include infrastructure to provide proper stormwater drainage. In total, 53 parking spaces (three of which are barrier-free spaces) will be provided on-site;
- Improvements to the existing northerly parking area that will result in improved on-site traffic movement;
- The southerly extension to the existing toddler drop-off lane on the east side of St. Mark’s Road. This improvement is being undertaken in accordance with the Traffic Impact Study that was prepared as part of the aforementioned planning approvals and in response to the traffic concerns on St. Mark’s Road that were identified through the past public consultation process;
- The installation of 12 bike racks (six near the northern school entrance and six near the future gymnasium entrance);
- The installation of planters, trellises and columnar trees along the westerly and southerly building façades of the gymnasium addition. This improvement is being undertaken to reduce the “massing” of the gymnasium and is in response to the
design/façade concerns that were identified through the past public consultation process.
- Future playground areas within the 700 square metre (7,534 square foot) area of land that was purchased from the abutting residential property located at 101 Arlington Boulevard. It should be noted that these areas are identified as future uses and the site plan requires that approval of an Official Plan and Zoning By-law amendment will be required prior to these uses being established. The required amendments will restrict the uses within this area solely to passive outdoor recreational uses.
For further information on these or other municipal matters please contact me at (226) 773-1910 or email@example.com
This week, Council begins at 5pm with a meeting of the Policies and Priorities Committee. The agenda can be found here.
- CAO-2018-11 CAO Recruitment. The Mayor, Deputy Mayor and a Community Representative will participate in a hiring committee. Recruitment advertisements will placed in November, interviews held in December and a recommendation by the Hiring Committee in January to Council for consideration and approval. Allowing time for administrative logistics, the start date for the new CAO will be mid to late February 2019.
- CS-2018-16 Health and Safety Policy No. 7 Annual Review. Administration recommends that Health and Safety Policy No. 7, as reviewed for the year 2018, in accordance with Section 25(2)(j) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, be approved; And that Health and Safety Policy No. 7, be posted in all Municipal Buildings.
- CS-2018-17 Violence and Harassment in the Workplace Policy No. 68 Annual Review. Administration recommends that the Violence and Harassment in the Workplace Policy No. 68, as revised and appended to Report No. CS-2018-17, be approved;
And that the approved Violence and Harassment in the Workplace Policy No. 68, be posted in all Municipal Buildings. The Joint Health and Safety Committee members were not fully in favour of the proposed changes which involve third party reporting to Dunk and Associates for investigation.
A Public Meeting of Council begins at 6pm to discuss the East Townline Drain Report. The agenda can be found here. Administration recommends that the Drainage Report and Specifications for the East Townline Drain (St. Clair Outlet) as prepared by Mr. Mark Hernandez, P.Eng., of Dillon Consulting Ltd., dated September 7, 2018 be received; And that consideration be given to the first and second readings of a provisional by-law to adopt the Drainage Report; And further that the Clerk give notice to all affected landowners of the Court of Revision to be held on Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 5:00 pm in accordance with Section 46(1) of the Drainage Act subject to adoption of the provisional by-law.
Regular business begins at 7pm. The agenda can be found here.
a. Lacasse Park, 590 Lacasse Boulevard
b. St. Anne’s Cemetery, 1521 Lesperance Road
c. Tecumseh Area Historical Society [including Log Cabin and Sheds], 12350 Tecumseh Road;
And further that notice be given to the above-listed property owners advising them of their inclusion on the Municipal Register of Cultural Heritage Properties Listing.
1. Official Plan change from “Commercial” to “Medium Density Residential” with a site-specific policy establishing a maximum density of 51 units per hectare and permitting a five-storey, 65-unit condominium apartment building, limited ground-floor commercial uses and marina uses.
2. Zoning change from “General Commercial Zone (C1-5)” to a site-specific “Holding - Residential Type Three Zone (H) R3-13” which will establish site-specific zoning regulations in order to facilitate the development of the lands for a five-storey, 65-unit condominium apartment building, limited ground-floor commercial uses and marina uses.
1. Scheduling of a public meeting to be held on November 13, 2018 at 5:00 p.m., for the applications submitted by Home Hardware Stores Limited to allow for the installation of a vehicular driveway access onto Westlake Drive that will serve as a second vehicular ingress/egress access point for the existing Home Hardware Store.
the north side of Fasan Drive (2140 Fasan Drive), be approved, subject to a $10,000 security and final stormwater management design, stormwater management calculations, and associated site service drawings being approved by the Town.
For questions on these or other municipal matters, please contact me at (226) 773-1910 or firstname.lastname@example.org.