This week, Tecumseh Town Council begins at 7pm. The full agenda can be found here.
Delegations include, representing the Essex Region Conservation Authority, Richard Wyma, General Manager/Secretary-Treasurer and Kieran McKenzie, Chair. An accompanying video presentation can be found here.
Communications - For Information
1. County of Haliburton dated February 3, 2020 Re: Tourism Oriented Destination Signage Fee Increases. Haliburton County has requested that fee increases for Tourism signage be phased in.
2. Town of Lakeshore dated February 12, 2020 Re: Town of Lakeshore's Submission Regading OPP Detachment Boards. Lakeshore wishes to pursue a two-board (north and south) model for the Ontario Provincial Police detachments of Essex County rather than the single board composition that had been previously recommended by the Mayors of each municipality and the incumbent Police Services Board Chairs/Vice-Chairs.
3. City of Windsor dated February 14, 2020 Re: Notice of Public Meeting to Consider Amendments to the City of Windsor Official Plan and Zoning By-Law 8600. The City of Windsor is hosting an Official Plan review at its Development and Heritage Standing Committee Meeting of Monday, March 9, 2019 at 4:30 pm, at the Council Chambers, Main Floor, City Hall, 350 City Hall Square West.
4. Town of Lakeshore dated February 18, 2020 Re: Notice of Public Meeting - Application for Draft Plan of Subdivision. Lakeshore is hosting a Public Meeting regarding Lakeside Estates - Phase 2 on Old Tecumseh Road at Wallace Line. The meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. at Town of Lakeshore Council Chambers 419 Notre Dame Street, Belle River. The applicant, Amico Properties Incorporated, has applied for Subdivision approval to permit 75 lots for single detached dwellings.
5. Town of Lakeshore dated February 18, 2020 Re: Notice of Complete Application and Public Meeting. Location: 85 and 87 East Pike Creak Road. The municipality is considering an application to amend the Town of Lakeshore Zoning By-law under the provisions of Section 34 of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990. The Applicant, Jonathon and Erica Sylva, wish to re-zone the subject property from an RW1 zone, Residential Waterfront -Watercourse zone, to a site specific RW1 zone, Residential Waterfront - Watercourse Exception, to recognize and permit a minimum lot area of 1,160 m2 (85 East Pike Creek Road) and 1,025 m2 (87 East Pike Creek Road) and to re-zone the Floodway to EP- 1, Environmental Protection Zone Exception 1, which was recently identified as Floodway, by the Essex Region Conservation Authority. The meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. at Town of Lakeshore Council Chambers 419 Notre Dame Street, Belle River.
6. Township of Puslinch dated February 20, 2020 Re: AMO’s position on the Legislative Changes in Bill 132 with respect to the Aggregate Resources Act and the Safe Drinking Water Act. Puslinch supports AMO’s position on the Legislative Changes in Bill 132 with respect to the Aggregate Resources Act and the Safe Drinking Water Act.
7. Enbridge Gas dated February 21, 2020 Re: 2020 Windsor Line Replacement - Notice of Brushing and Vegetation Removal. Enbridge is replacing a 6” pipeline between the intersection of Concession 8 and County Road 46 (Located in the Town of Tecumseh) and the existing Enbridge Gas Port Alma Transmission Station (located in the Municipality of Chatham-Kent). The company will complete vegetation and tree clearing along the project route. The proposed clearing will occur primarily within municipal ROW with additional clearing on private lands were temporary work space is required at watercourse and road crossings.
8. County of Frontenac dated February 21, 2020 Re: Resolution of Support for Conservation Authorities. Frontenac County encourages the province to continue to support the principle of planning on a watershed basis in the ongoing review and prioritize the allocation of adequate funding to support the core mandate of
conservation authorities; and that the provincial government will maintain and not diminish the core mandate of conservation authorities.
9. Municipality of West Nipissing dated March 3, 2020 Re: Provincially Significant Wetlands Designation. West Nipissing supports the Village of Merrickville-Wolford, asking the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry to respectfully review its practices and procedures to include a requirement to provide supporting evidence, to impacted municipalities, when designating Provincially Significant Wetlands within their boundaries.
10. Township of Tyendinaga dated March 3, 2020 Re: Call for a solution to the ongoing Coastal GasLink and Rail Disruption situations. Tyendinaga requests that all parties work together to find a successful and peaceful resolution of the pipeline matter as quickly as possible and requests support of further municipalities.
Communications - Action Required:
1. Essex Region Conservation Golf Tournament dated February 21, 2020. Re: Save the Date. The Essex Region Conservation Foundation Golf Tournament will be hosted on Thursday, July 16th and approval is being sought for current ERCA Board Members to be able to attend at the Town's cost.
2. Association Municipalities Ontario dated February 27, 2020 Re: Land Use Planning: Beyond the Basics Workshops. Administration is recommending that that the Mayor and Members of Council be authorized to participate in the Land Use Planning: Beyond the Basics Workshops, in accordance with the Town's Professional Development and Travel Policies, and subject to 2020 Budget funding.
1. Information & Communication Services
a. ICS 2020-02 2020-2024 ICS Lifecycle Works Plan. Administration recommends that the Information & Communication Services workplan which includes a 2020 expenditure of $77,000 be adopted. This is the first replacement of IT resources since the program was initiated.
2. Parks & Recreation Services
a. PRS-2020-05 Optimist Club's Victoria Day Weekend Fireworks 2020. Administration recommends that the Town of Tecumseh pay the cost for enhanced OPP service during the 43rd annual Victoria Day Fireworks event to be held on May 16 or 17, 2020, estimated to be in the order of $1,400 to be funded from the Police Contracts budget.
b. PRS-2020-06 St. Clair College Baseball at Lacasse Park. Admininstration recommends that St. Clair College be authorized to sell and serve alcoholic beverages for consumption by patrons at the Lacasse Park Baseball Diamond during home games throughout the 2020 baseball season starting June 5, 2020 through to and including August 31, 2020, subject to compliance with the provisions of the Town’s Municipal Alcohol Risk Management Policy 31.
c. PRS-2020-07 Rink A Chiller Replacement. Administration recommends that the price of $155,985.00 net of 100% refundable HST, submitted from Cimco Refrigeration for Rink A Brine Pump and Chiller Replacement, undertaken through a contract record, be approved, and that Council award the project to Cimco Refrigeration as an Irregular Result under Schedule “A” of the Purchasing policy.
3. Planning and Building Services
a.PBS-2020-09 Site Plan Control, 12000 Tecumseh Road. Admininstration recommends that a by-law authorizing the execution of the “Villa Pia Investments Ltd.” site plan control amending agreement, satisfactory in form to the Town’s Solicitor, which allows for the construction of a new 361.5 square metre (3,891.7 square foot) commercial building and associated patios, landscaping and on-site services/works on 0.85 hectare (2.1 acre) parcel of land located on the north side of Tecumseh Road/Shawnee Road intersection (12000 Tecumseh Road), be adopted.
b. PBS-2020-10 Encroachment Agreement, 12000 Tecumseh Road. Admininstration recommends that a by-law authorizing the execution of the “Villa Pia Investments Ltd.” encroachment agreement, satisfactory in form to the Town’s Solicitor, which allows for the establishment of two outdoor patios associated with a proposed new 361.5 square metre (3,891.7 square foot) commercial building to be constructed on a 0.85 hectare (2.1 acre) parcel of land located on the north side of Tecumseh Road/Shawnee Road intersection (12000 Tecumseh Road), be adopted.
c. PBS-2020-11 CIP Grant, 12000 Tecumseh Road. It is recommended that the Grant Application for the Tecumseh Road Main Street Community Improvement Plan
(CIP) Financial Incentive Program, for the property located at 12000 Tecumseh Road (Roll No. 374401000001900), be deemed eligible and approved for the Development Charges Grant Program in the amount of $26,152.22 in relation to the construction of a new 361.5 square metre (3,891.7 square foot) commercial building on the subject property.
4. Public Works & Environmental Services
a. PWES-2020-15 2018 Water and Wastewater Master Plan Update - Study Completion and Final Adoption. Admininstration recommends that the 2018 Water & Wastewater Master Plan Update be adopted. The Master Plan has been in the works for some time and recommends investment in particular new projects to improve service levels.
b. PWES-2020-16 Amend 2020-2024 PWES Five Year Capital Works Plan-CR11 STR Roundabout-Advanced Watermain Modifications. Admininstration recommends that the County Road 11 and South Talbot Road Roundabout Advanced Watermain Modifications be added to the PWES 2020-2024 Public Works & Environmental Services Five Year Capital Works Plan and that the expenditure of $30,000 from the Watermain Reserve Fund for the Town Water Division to complete the County Road 11 and South Talbot Road Roundabout Advanced Watermain Modifications in 2020 be authorized.
For questions on these or other municipal matters, feel free to contact me at 226-773-1910 or email@example.com
This week, Tecumseh Town Council begins at 5:30pm with a Public Meeting discussing the new Official Plan.
Among the proposed changes are:
- Regulations for cannabis production facilities
- Conversion of "Hamlet Development" designation to "Future Development"
- Segregation of commercial policies between Main Street areas and the broader community.
- Mandatory residential intensification, to 15% of development, in accordance with provincial policy.
- Consistency with the Ontario Provincial Policy Statement.
- Incorporation of Transportation Master Plan and past discussion papers into the Official Plan.
A PowerPoint presentation will be shown at the meeting with the draft document available at the March 10th meeting of Tecumseh Council.
Regular business begins at 7pm.
Communications - For Information includes:
1. County of Essex Letter dated January 17, 2020 Re: Notice of Decision with respect to Official Plan Amendment No. 13 - Town of Lakeshore. Essex County has approved the Amy Croft Secondary Plan prepared by the Town of Lakeshore
2. Prince Edward County Letter dated February 10, 2020 Re: Bill 156, Security from Trespass and Protecting Food Safety Act. Prince Edward County appears to support the intent of Bill 156 without supporting the bill itself. Tecumseh Council supported the bill at its last meeting.
3. Municipality of Southwest Middlesex Letter dated February 13, 2020 Re: Bill 156, Security from Trespass and Protecting Food Safety Act. Southwest Middlesex supports the intent of Bill 156 and requests additional enhancements for grain farm operations.
4. Township of Madoc Letter dated February 11, 2020 Re: Bill 156, Security from Trespass and Protecting Food Safety Act. Madoc strongly supports Bill 156.
5. Town of Kingsville Letter dated February 12, 2020 Re: Conservation Authority Levies. Kingsville requests additional, stable funding for the Essex Region Conservation Authority and supports maintaining the present day core mandate of conservation authorities.
6. Township of Madoc Letter dated February 19, 2020 Re: Conservation Authorities Levies. Madoc supports the Township of Spingwater's request for a review of Conservation Authority levies.
7. Northumberland County dated February 19, 2020 Re: Conservation Authorities Levies. Northumberland County supports the Township of Springwater's request for a review of Conservation Authority levies.
8. Office of the Solicitor General Letter dated February 12, 2020 Re: 911 Misdials. Minister Sylvia Jones acknowledges the Town's request to address 911 misdials.
9. City of Belleville Letter dated January 16, 2020. Re: 911 Misdials. Belleville has received Tecumseh's request for support regarding 911 misdials but elected to take no action.
10. Town of Lakeshore Letter dated January 17, 2020 Re: 911 Misdials. Lakeshore supports Tecumseh's request for provincial action regarding 911 misdials.
11. Township of North Kawartha Letter dated January 20, 2020 Re: 911 Misdials. North Kawartha supports Tecumseh's request for provincial action regarding 911 misdials.
12. Township of Champlain Letter dated January 24, 2020 Re: 911 Misdials. Champlain supports Tecumseh's request for provincial action regarding 911 misdials.
13. Township of Schreiber Letter dated January 28, 2020 Re: 911 Misdials. Schreiber supports Tecumseh's request for provincial action regarding 911 misdials.
14. Town of Espanola Letter dated February 3, 2020 Re: 911 Misdials. Espanola supports Tecumseh's request for provincial action regarding 911 misdials.
15. Township of Addington Hills Letter dated February 7, 2020 Re: 911 Misdials. Addington Hills supports Tecumseh's request for provincial action regarding 911 misdials.
16. Township of Madoc Letter dated February 19, 2020 Re: 911 Misdials. Madoc supports Tecumseh's request for provincial action regardin 911 misdials.
Communications - Action Required
1. Town of Lakeshore Letter dated January 30, 2020. Re: Police Services Board. Administration recommends that the request of the Town of Lakeshore to create two police services board (north and south) instead of a single board be forwarded to the Tecumseh Police Services Board.
1. Corporate Services & Clerk
a. CS-2020-06 Minimum Maintenance Standards for Roads. Administration recommends adoption of a By-law for Minimum Maintenance Standards for Municipal Highways, be adopted, as appended to the Agenda for the February 25, 2020 meeting of Council.
2. Planning and Building Services
a. PBS-2020-07 Site Plan Control, Lily Jean Daniher, 5355 Manning Road. Daniher Topsoil is adding a topsoil bagging facility on site together with associated stormwater works. Approval of the Site Plan for the property is being recommended.
b. PBS-2020-08 2019 Year End Building Permit Report. Administration advises that in 2019, $58,589,778 worth of construction activity was undertaken, which is up by $21,866,511 over 2018. Conversely, there was a decline of 27% in total permits due to reduced residential construction activity.
3. Public Works & Environmental Services
a. PWES-2020-10 Highway 3 - County Road 11 Watermain Replacement Project. Administration recommends signing an agreement with the Ontario Ministry of Transportation to allow reconstruction of the Town's watermain in the Highway 3 right-of-way, and to award the tender for the Highway 3/County Road 11 Watermain Replacement Project in the amount of $1,390,658, excluding HST, to Shearock Construction Group Inc.
b. PWES-2020-12 Annual Summary Report for the Year 2019 - Town of Tecumseh Distribution System (260004969). The Town is required to publish its water quality reports on an annual basis demonstrating compliance testing and work undertaken in the system. Reports are circulated to the Ontario Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks.
c. PWES-2020-13 Tecumseh Distribution System Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks 2019 Inspection Report. The Ontario Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks inspected Tecumseh's water distribution system on January 30, 2020. The system obtained 100% compliance.
d. PWES-2020-14 Drinking Water Quality Management System Operational Plan Version 10. Administration submits the Drinking Water Quality Management System Operational Plan Version 10 for endorsement and commitment. It has been updated to reflect changes in legislation, changes to Town personnel, interal Management Review Committee recommendations and the Town’s administrative and/or policy changes.
For information on these or other municipal matters, please contact me at (226) 773-1910 or firstname.lastname@example.org