This week, Tecumseh Town Council begins at 7pm following a closed session at 6pm. The agenda can be found here.
The evening's delegation is Katie Stammler, Water Quality Scientist/Source Water Protection Project, Manager Essex Region Conservation Authority who will speak to the Drinking Water Source Protection Annual Progress Report
Communications - For Information includes:
1. Ontario Energy Board, dated May 8, 2020 Re: Enbridge Gas Inc. Application - Harmonized System Expansion Surcharge, Temporary Connection Surcharge and Hourly Allocation Factor. Enbridge wishes to apply surcharge to new customers to recover the cost of expanding the system to them. In addition it wishes to harmonize rates between Union Gas and Enbridge customers.
2. City of Brantford dated May 28, 2020 Re: Essential Workers Day. Brantford requests that March 17th be designated as "Essential Workers Day" in Ontario and Canada.
3. Town of LaSalle dated May 29, 2020 Re: Postmedia Closure of Community Newspapers. LaSalle has supported Tecumseh's request of Postmedia to reconsider their elimination of service delivery in Essex County.
4. Township of Puslinch dated June 3, 2020 Re: Conservation Authority Support. Puslinch expresses support for allowing conservation authorities to engage in discretionary, non-mandatory programs.
Communications - Action Required
Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing dated June 4, 2020. Administration recommends that Tecumseh Council support the request of The Honourable Steve Clark, Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing, and other Ontario Municipalities calling for urgent federal action to provide immediate funding for reliable broadband access across Ontario;
And that a copy of Council’s resolution be sent to the Minister of Innovation, Science and Industry; Minister of Infrastructure and Communities; Minister of Rural Economic Development and Minister for Women and Gender Equality; Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing, as well as the Local MPPs, area municipalities and AMO.
1. Police Services Board - May 14, 2020. The Police Services Board is looking into low satisfaction rates in Ward 2 and into the matter of enforcement of modified exhaust systems on vehicles.
1. Corporate Services & Clerk
a. CS-2020-16 Essex Power Corporation - Appointment of Proxyholder for Shareholder's 2020 Annual Meeting. Administration recommends that Mayor Gary McNamara and alternate Mr. Tom Burton be appointed proxyholder for the Town of Tecumseh to cast its shareholder’s votes at Essex Power Corporation’s 2020 Shareholders’ Annual Meeting scheduled to be held on Wednesday, June 24, 2020.
a. FS-2020-08 2019 Annual Report on Investment and Cash Management. Administration provides a performance report for various investments made of the Town's funds in order to grow the amount. The return on investment is in line with other municipalities and good returns have been realized from recent introductions of the ONE investment program from AMO.
b. FS-2020-09 COVID-19 Financial Relief Measures Extended to July 31, 2020. Administration requests that the amnesty for late fees and interest rates on unpaid taxes be waived until July 31st.
Parks & Recreation Services
a. PRS-2020-15 Cancellation of Summer Events. Administration recommends the cancellation of various summer events:
Summer Concert Series
Canada Day Celebration
Outdoor Movie Nights
End of Summer Celebration
Planning & Building Services
a. PBS-2020-20 Public Consultation Process for Committee of Adjustment Applications During COVID-19. Administration advises that Committee of Adjustment applications continue to be received and meetings will be convened shortly through electronic participation.
Public Works & Environmental Services
a. PWES-2020-25 Tecumseh Road Sanitary Sewer - Lesperance to Southfield - Project Update. The Contractor has advised they intend to start construction in mid-July with works expected to be substantially complete in November 2020.
b. PWES-2020-26 Source Protection Annual Progress Report.The Drinking Water Source Protection Annual Progress Report is received by Town Council and provides status updates on several areas of vulnerability.
c. PWES-2020-19 Amend 2020-2024 PWES Five Year Capital Works Plan Manning Road Pump Station Pond Inlet Erosion Repair. Administration recommends that the Manning Road Pump Station – Fish Pond Inlet Erosion Repair be added to the PWES 2020-2024 Public Works & Environmental Services Five Year Capital Works Plan and that the expenditure of $100,000 from the Storm Lifecycle Reserve be authorized to complete the Manning Road Pump Station – Fish Pond Inlet Erosion Repair in 2020. The east bank has been failing in light of increased wave activity and water levels causing the current state of erosion.
For more information on these or other municipal matters, please contact me at (226) 773-1910 or email@example.com