On Tuesday, Council will hold a special meeting at 6pm in addition to its regular meeting at 7pm.
The special meeting will consider committee appointments for the coming 4 year term. You can see the committees and applicants in the full agenda found here.
The regular meeting begins at 7pm and considers the following matters. The full agenda can be found here.
Delegations will include:
- Kristy McBeth, Manager of Chronic Disease and Prevention, Windsor Essex County Health Unit who will speak to having a Smoke Free Outdoor Spaces By-law adopted in Tecumseh (for consideration tonight), as well as amendments to the Smoke Free Ontario Act and County Wide Consistency Strategy, and
- Andrew Paterson, Manager Municipal Engagement, Canada Post who will speak about Community Mail Boxes/Discontinuance of Residential Door-to-door Mail Delivery
As part of Council's normal business, the following will be considered and Council will be asked to:
- Authorize participation of councillors in the Association of Municipalities of Ontario Land Use Planning Course and Municipal Council Education Program for professional development. (I have requested to attend the A.M.O. Municipal Council Education Program which will be held on December 12th in London.)
- Receive minutes of the Joint Health and Safety Advisory Committee meeting of November 20, 2014
- Update the Non-Smoking Policy to eliminate smoking in public outdoor spaces such as parks and fields.
- Consider continuing policy that one third of councillors' pay will represent the reimbursement of expenses incurred from performing regular council business, which makes it exempt from taxation.
- Amend the financing of the 2013 Arena addition from reserves to development charge funding
- Set Administrative Fees and Charges.
- Extend Transit Delivery and Maintenance Services Contract with First Student Canada for 2015
- Sign agreement with Ontario Ministry of Transportation to accept Dedicated Gas Tax Funds for Public Transit
- Hold a Public Meeting for Tuesday, January 13, 2015 with respect to establishing Migrant Worker Housing at Bonduelle.
- Respond to the rejection of funding for Tecumseh projects under the Building Canada Fund - Small Communities Fund (SCF) and the Ontario Community Infrastructure Fund (OCIF) Application.
- Award Tender for building a Pedestrian Bridge near Malden Road crossing Pike Creek
- Award Tender for extending Sanitary Sewers into Oldcastle's Burke Street, Outer Drive, & Moro Drive
- Amend the Manning Road Secondary Plan Area Stormwater Management Study as part of the Class Environmental Assessment to incorporate the Baillargeon Drain as part of the drainage area
- Approve corrective actions identified as part of a regular audit of drinking water quality management standards.
- Accept report of the Ontario Ministry of the Environment with respect to recent inspection
- Establish Water Wastewater Rates By-Law
If you have questions or concerns with respect to any of these items, please feel free to let me know in the comment section, via Facebook or Twitter, or by calling me at (519) 962-8832*
* NOTE My phone number will be changing soon. I will advise as to when this will occur.
INAUGURAL MEETING of the Council of the Town of Tecumseh
Tuesday, December 2, 2014
Tecumseh Town Hall
917 Lesperance Road
at 7:00 p.m.
PROCESSSION: Bagpipes, Caleb Thibodeau
ORDER: Clerk, Laura Moy
PRAYERS: Father Gary Goyeau & Reverend Robin Sherman
SINGING OF O’CANADA: Chastin Lamoureaux
DECLARATION OF ELECTED OFFICE:
The Honourable Mr. Justice Christopher Bondy
Mayor and Members of Council
PRESENTATION: Mayor’s Chain of Office
REMARKS: Members of Council