This week, Town Council begins at 6pm. The agenda can be found here.
a. Manning Road Secondary Plan
Re: Verbal Report by the Director Planning & Building Services
b. Stormwater Master Plan
Re: Verbal Report from the Director Public Works & Environmental Services
c. McColl Avenue
Re: Verbal Report from the Director Corporate Services & Clerk
Regular business begins at 7pm. The agenda can be found here.
a. Corporate Services & Clerk
1. CS-2018-31 Taxi Cab Owner License Limitation. Administration recommends that:
- The number of Taxi Cab Owner Licenses be maintained at a maximum of twelve (12) licenses; and
- The number of Accessible Taxi Cab Owner Licenses be maintained at a minimum of three (3) licenses; and
- The fees and fares set out in Schedule B of By-law No. 2003-85, would be amended, as follows:
- $4.15 start
- $2.31 first km
- $39.60 / hour waiting.
2. CS-2018-35 Unattended Children and Pets in Vehicles during Hot Temperatures. Administration has supplied a report detailing measures available to prevent heat exhaustion or hyperthermia deaths of unattended children and pets in
vehicles during extreme hot and cold temperatures, including Car Seat Technology, Rear Seat Reminder System in General Motors Vehicles, and After Market Devices.
3. CS-2018-39 Green Acres Optimist Park. Administration recommends that Green Acres Optimist Park be renamed as “Optimist Park" based on a request from the Optimist Club of St. Clair Beach.
b. Financial Services
1. FS-2018-17 Award General Insurance and Risk Management Services. It is recommended that the proposal for the General Insurance & Risk Management Services contract in the amount of $295,428 plus PST be awarded and contracted to Frank Cowan Company Limited; and further that an allocation of $39,000 be made to the Insurance Reserve which provides funding for those years where we have an extraordinary number of deductible payments required.
2. FS-2018-18 - Contract Renewal - Auditing Services. It is recommended that the Town approve the contract renewal for KPMG LLP as the external auditors for the Town and BIA for the 2018 to 2022 fiscal years; and that a by-law be prepared appointing KPMG LLP as auditors in accordance with the original Request for Proposal – External Audit Services dated October 4, 2013 and their request for renewal letter dated August 2, 2018.
c. Planning & Building Services
1. PBS-2018-40 Zoning By-law Amendment, 5500 Sexton, D19 5500SE. Administration recommends the scheduling of a public meeting, to be held on Tuesday, January 22, 2019, at 6:30 p.m., for the application submitted by 538073 Ontario Inc., to amend Sandwich South Zoning By-law 85-18 to rezone an approximate 19.4 hectare (48.0 acre) agricultural property situated on the east side of Sexton Side Road (5500 Sexton Side Road), approximately 325 metres south of its intersection with County Road 46, from “Agricultural Zone (A)” to a site specific “Agricultural Zone (A-28)” in order to:
i) prohibit the construction of a residential dwelling unit in accordance with Section 184.108.40.206 c) of the Provincial Policy Statement; and
ii) prohibit a livestock facility within the existing farm building, in accordance with the Minimum Distance Separation (MDS) Formula, be authorized.
2. PBS-2018-41 2018 Nine Month Permit Report. Construction values in 2018 are down from 2017. There was $22.39 Million in building activity this year, down from $33.09 Million in 2017. 392 dwelling units were constructed in 2018, down from 433 in 2017. A total of 392 permits were issued in 2018, down from 600 in 2017.
3. PBS-2018-42 1122 Lesperance Road, CIP Grant No. 2. Administration recommends that a Grant Application for the Tecumseh Road Main Street Community Improvement Plan Financial Incentive Program, for the property located at 1122 Lesperance Road (at Lachance - Azar Homes & Edward Jones Investments), be approved and deemed eligible for a Building Façade Improvement Grant in an amount of $15,000.00 towards the cost of the proposed building façade improvement works.
For questions on these or other municipal matters, feel free to contact me at email@example.com or 226-773-1910.
Tecumseh Town Council begins this week at 5pm with a Public Meeting to discuss a proposed driveway access to Home Hardware from Westlake Drive. The matter was considered several years ago and was denied by Town Council at the time. Owing to continuing difficult conditions with access to the property and turning movements the request is being made to reconsider that previous decision. The agenda and accompanying report can be found here.
Regular business begins at 7pm. The agenda and accompanying reports can be found here.
- Replacement of the structural support stone bases with a cement pad and that the pad be extended beyond the current stone base footprint to allow for accessible viewing of the playing field.
- Fencing extension installed from the current left field fence to just short of the Lacasse Park sign. The fencing would stop any errant balls thrown on the practice diamond and would act as a permanent piece of the Corn Festival.
The Renewal Agreement would be for $2,500 plus H.S.T. for the month of December 2018; and $2,600 plus H.S.T. from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2023. There would be a five year renewal option with six months notice.