This week, Town Council begins at 6:30pm with a meeting to discuss the Wellwood Drain. The agenda can be found here.
Administration presents and recommends receipt of a report concerning the completion of a Drainage Study for the cleaning of the Wellwood Drain, prepared by R.C. Spencer and Associates. The next step would be the hosting of a Court of Revision Meeting on August 13, 2019, wherein property owners will have opportunity to dispute assessed charges.
Beginning at 7pm, regular business begins. The agenda can be found here
- The 2018 base pay remuneration for Elected Officials at Tecumseh is the same or higher relative to the comparator group identified.
- Base pay for the Deputy Mayor and Councillor positions is higher than the 65th percentile of the comparator group (22% and 13% respectively).
- The 65th percentile target (P65) is a reasonable pay target for base pay having regard to local area practice and the comparator group.
- Other elements of compensation are generally competitive, including health and life benefit coverage, technology, travel and professional development.
- That base pay for the Elected Official positions be adjusted to offset the removal of the 1/3 tax free treatment, effective January 1, 2019, and
that the adjustment be removed in the event that the CRA provision is repealed.
- That Council continue the practice of adjusting base pay for the Elected Official positions annually by using the % adjustment provided for the
Management/Non-union Salary Grid; however, Council may wish to consider a varied economic adjustment for the Mayor, Deputy Mayor and/or Councillor position in 2019 and future years to normalize the base pay for the three positions and become more aligned with comparator practice and the 65th percentile (i.e.,100% of the economic adjustment for the Mayor, 50% for Councillor and 25% for Deputy Mayor)
- That an external review be conducted once every four years using a Community Advisory Committee, a Consultant and comparator data; the next
review being during the next term of Council (2022-2026)
- That Council consider revising the comparator group when the comparators for the Management/Non-union compensation change.
- That Council consider providing more itemization of the remuneration and benefits in the Annual Statement of Council Remuneration.
Commercial Zone (C3)” to a new site-specific “General Commercial Zone (C3-15)” at 11870 Tecumseh Road, in order to facilitate the development of the lands for a six-storey apartment building consisting of 97 residential dwelling units.
to the federal government for newly available funding under the Disaster Mitigation and Adaptation Fund (DMAF) for the following projects:
(i) Scully & St. Mark’s Storm Pump Station Improvements
(ii) P.J. Cecile Storm Pump Station Improvements
funding under the Rail Safety Improvement Program – Infrastructure, Technology and Research Funding (RSIP-ITR) for the VIA Rail Crossing at Lesperance Road (Chatham Mile 99.31).
That the sole tender from Shepley Road Maintenance Ltd. in the amount of $218,500 plus non-rebatable HST, for the 2019 Tar and Chip Tender, be approved with costs over $200,000 drawn from the Roads Lifecycle Reserve.
This week, Tecumseh Town Council begins at 5:30pm. There will be a public meeting to discuss an application for Condominium Approval for a five-storey, 64-unit condominium dwelling on a 1.3 hectare (3.2 acre) property located on the north side of Tecumseh Road (14328-14346 Tecumseh Road), approximately 45 metres east of its intersection with Brighton Road. The report can be found here.
Beginning at 6pm there will be a public meeting to discuss the level of Development Charges to be levied on new land developments. The agenda and reports can be found here.
Regular business begins at 7pm. The agenda can be found here.
• Expand the existing West St. Louis Pump Station;
• Decommission the St. Mark’s Pump Station and replace the existing Scully Pump Station with an upgraded facility for the consolidated Scully/St. Mark’s
• Replace the existing PJ Cecile Pump Station with an upgraded facility; and
• New storm pump station along Southwind Crescent.
• Construct a surface storage facility within the “Tecumseh Soccer Fields” adjacent to École Secondaire L'Essor;
• Construct a surface storage facility within Buster Reaume Park; and
• Construct an underground/surface storage facility within Tecumseh Centre Park.
Governance, Demonstrate the Town’s leadership role in the community by promoting good governance and community engagement, by bringing together
organizations serving the Town and the region to pursue common goals.
2019, to permit musical entertainment from 7:30 pm until 11:30 pm for their Black Tie Tailgate Fundraising event at Beach Grove Golf and Country Club, located at 14134 Riverside Drive; And that the area residents and OPP be informed of this exemption from the Noise By-law; And further that concerns and/or complaints respecting the emission of sound, resulting from the entertainment, are to be monitored.
Public engagement September 12-30, 2019
Table proposed business plan and budget November 12, 2019
Council deliberations November 19, 2019
Council consideration and adoption December 10, 2019