This week, Tecumseh Town Council begins at 5:30pm. There will be a public meeting to discuss an application for Condominium Approval for a five-storey, 64-unit condominium dwelling on a 1.3 hectare (3.2 acre) property located on the north side of Tecumseh Road (14328-14346 Tecumseh Road), approximately 45 metres east of its intersection with Brighton Road. The report can be found here.
Beginning at 6pm there will be a public meeting to discuss the level of Development Charges to be levied on new land developments. The agenda and reports can be found here.
Regular business begins at 7pm. The agenda can be found here.
• Expand the existing West St. Louis Pump Station;
• Decommission the St. Mark’s Pump Station and replace the existing Scully Pump Station with an upgraded facility for the consolidated Scully/St. Mark’s
• Replace the existing PJ Cecile Pump Station with an upgraded facility; and
• New storm pump station along Southwind Crescent.
• Construct a surface storage facility within the “Tecumseh Soccer Fields” adjacent to École Secondaire L'Essor;
• Construct a surface storage facility within Buster Reaume Park; and
• Construct an underground/surface storage facility within Tecumseh Centre Park.
Governance, Demonstrate the Town’s leadership role in the community by promoting good governance and community engagement, by bringing together
organizations serving the Town and the region to pursue common goals.
2019, to permit musical entertainment from 7:30 pm until 11:30 pm for their Black Tie Tailgate Fundraising event at Beach Grove Golf and Country Club, located at 14134 Riverside Drive; And that the area residents and OPP be informed of this exemption from the Noise By-law; And further that concerns and/or complaints respecting the emission of sound, resulting from the entertainment, are to be monitored.
Public engagement September 12-30, 2019
Table proposed business plan and budget November 12, 2019
Council deliberations November 19, 2019
Council consideration and adoption December 10, 2019
This week, Town Council will meet on two nights, Monday and Tuesday.
Monday will begin with a meeting regarding the proposed Tecumseh Sportsplex at 6pm. The agenda can be found here.
Delegations include Craig Goodman, Principal and Sebastian Spataro, Senior Associate CS&P Architects Inc.,and Jo-Anne Neilson of the Tecumseh Pickleball Association.
The original Multi-Use Sportsplex Feasibility Study and Business Plan can be found here. Without grant support, the project was expected to be $12.5 million and with grant support, the project cost was expected to be $3.6 million. The total cost was expected to be $22 million
On May 23rd, 2017, the cost estimate was changed to $24.75 million. It was expected that the capital contribution from Town taxes would range from $6.6 million with 2/3rds grant funding to $19.8 million (if no grant funding was secured). The report can be found on page 102 here.
In January 2019, Council received a rendering of a proposed design concept. Being received tonight is a costing of that concept. It is $60.4 million. Additional options featuring facility deletions are $54.05 million (reduction in architectural features), $49.65 million (reduction in program space) and $42.65 million (eliminations of the gymnasium and renovations to the existing arena)
This translates to a 1.87% tax increase to pay for the most recent concept, and 1.43%, 1.13% and 0.66% respectively for the additional options.
On Tuesday, Town Council begins at 4:30pm with a Public Council Meeting regarding the Storm Water Drainage Master Plan. The agenda can be found here. The presentation can be found here. Recommended projects are:
Pump Station Improvements
• Upgrade and replace the existing Lesperance Road pump station with a new pump station and outlet;
• Expand the West St. Louis pump station;
• Upgrade and replace the St. Mark’s and Scully pump stations with a new consolidated pump station at the existing Scully pump station site;
• Upgrade and replace the existing PJ Ceceile pump station with a new pump station and outlet;
• Construct a new storm pump station on Southwind Crescent.
• Incorporate surface storage within the “Tecumseh Soccer Fields” owned by École Secondaire L'Essor;
• Incorporate surface storage within Buster Reaume Park; and
• Incorporate underground/surface storage behind the Tecumseh Town Hall property
New or upgraded trunk sewers identified for various areas. Total cost of implementation is $106 million.
The Court of Revision meets at 5:30pm to consider appeals to the assessment of drainage costs from benefitting property owners. The agenda can be found here.
At 6pm there will be a public meeting to consider feedback regarding the proposal of a 97-unit apartment building at 11870 Tecumseh Road. The agenda can be found here. The property is currently zoned as General Commercial which includes apartment buildings as compatible developments, but which requires approval of a site-specific designation called “General Commercial Zone (C3-15)”. The meeting agenda can be found here.
At 7pm, Regular Business begins. The full agenda can be found here.
Tecumseh to cast its shareholder’s votes at Essex Power Corporation’s 2019 Shareholders’ Annual Meeting.
until 11:30 pm and Sunday, July 21, 2019 until 11:00 pm, to permit musical entertainment for their Parish Festival at the church grounds located at 5700 Outer Drive.
2. Shawn Avenue – entire length
3. Jelso Place – entire length
4. Hebert Street – Intersection Road to Westlake Drive
5. Malden Road – South Talbot Road to County Road 8
6. Malden Road – various repair areas