The meeting of March 29th will begin at 4:30pm. It is a meeting to discuss Strategic Priorities.
The agenda can be found here.
For Parks, Administration recommends the following priorities:
Bert Lacasse Ball Diamond Upgrades – 2023, including
- Replace Existing Grandstand
- Replace Ball Diamond Backstop
- Renovate Entrance Plaza
- Site Plaza Works – Maintenance Garage
Artificial Turf Soccer & Baseball Fields -2023-2024
- Partner with Lessor replacing turf field with artificial turf
- McAuliffe Park - Replace one turf field with an artificial turf field & fencing
- McAuliffe Park - Replace 1 baseball diamond infield with artificial turf
CADA Library Renovation Project in Partnership with Essex County Library Board
- Phase #1: Community Consultations & Conceptual designs (2022)
- Phase #2: Upon Council and Library Board approvals, detailed design, tendering, award contract, commence renovation work (2023)Scenario #110
- Construct Lakewood Park Splash Pad and outdoor washroom facility 2023
- Lakewood Park –Picnic Shelter 2025
Southfield Park Splash Pad Washrooms – 2024
- Construct Southfield Park splash Pad and outdoor washroom facility
Maidstone Recreation Centre 2023-2025
- Outdoor Washrooms 2023
- Paving the Parking Lot 2024
- Develop a 4-court Pickleballfacility 2024
- Building renovations (as required) – update indoor washrooms, lighting, painting, flooring, entrance ramp - 2025
- Artificial Turf Field, Renovate Existing Buildings, New Dugouts, LED Lighting
Sportsplex Components – Tecumseh Arena – 2024-2026
- Double or Triple Gymnasium with program space, walking track & expansion of parking lot
Projects would be undertaken upon approval of upper level Government Grants
For Public Works Projects, four scenarios of priortization are put forward to support the expected residential growth in the area. These include servicing the Tecumseh Hamlet, the area near Manning Rooad south of County Road 42, the Oldcastle Hamlet and the Tecumseh Road Mainstreet Community Improvement Plan.
Facilitating the servicing growth projects would require the delay of the Tecumseh Road Mainstreet Community Improvement Plan (prospect of almost 10 years) and the completion of the Manning Road gateway.
For questions or comments on these or other municipal matters, please contact me at 226-773-1910 or [email protected]
This week, Tecumseh Town Council begins at 5pm with a Public Meeting.
The purpose of the meeting is to hear public comment on a Zoning By-Law Amendment application on a property located at 7035,10th Concession Road to permit a stand-alone Additional Residential Unit (ARU) on the property, in accordance with subsection 4.1.2 (xii) of the Tecumseh Official Plan. The agenda can be found here. The structure is existing under a special Temporary Garden Suite designation and the owners wish to make the designation permanent.
A public meeting will be hosted at 5:45pm to hear public comment on a Zoning By-law Amendment application for the property located at 13554 Riverside Drive to permit an Additional Residential Unit (ARU) to occupy a portion of a proposed new single-unit dwelling, in accordance with subsection 4.2.2 (vii) of the Tecumseh Official Plan. The property is proposed to be redeveloped through the demolition of all existing buildings and the construction of a new two-storey single-unit dwelling which includes an attached two-storey garage that would contain an ARU located in the second storey. The agenda can be found here.
A public meeting will be hosted at 6:15pm to hear public comment on a Zoning By-law amendment application for the property located at 292 Lesperance Road to permit an attached Additional Residential Unit (ARU) within the basement of the existing single-unit dwelling. in accordance with subsection 4.2.2 (vii) of the Tecumseh Official Plan. The agenda can be found here.
Regular business begins at 7pm. The agenda can be found here.
- a two-storey elementary school that will be located centrally on the property. The proposed elementary school (including a day care centre) has a building footprint of 3370 square metres (36,280 square feet) and a total floor area of 6187 square metres (66,607 square feet). A total of 32 classrooms and four daycare rooms are proposed;
- on-site parking areas and school bus queueing lanes adjacent to Tecumseh Road as well as along the western portion of the site. A total of 82 parking spaces and 35 bicycle parking spaces are proposed. The vehicular entrance to the school site is proposed to be located at the Tecumseh Road/Dorset Park intersection. It is proposed that this new intersection be serviced by signalized traffic lights in order to safely and effectively facilitate vehicular, cycling and pedestrian traffic to and from the property;
- a combination of hard-surfaced and grassed outdoor recreational areas along the eastern portion of the property;
- a sidewalk along the western side of the property that will provide a connecting link to Optimist Park that abuts the property to the northwest;
- a vinyl privacy fence along the western lot line where the property abuts the neighbouring residential lot;
- chain link fencing for the balance of the property’s side and rear lot lines;
- a garbage enclosure with surrounding landscaping on the western portion of the property;
- a municipal sidewalk on the north side of Tecumseh Road across the entirety of the School Board property that will be extended easterly to Arlington Boulevard.
Reference, be approved; and further that a Notice of Call for Applications be advertised for the Tecumseh Election Compliance Audit Committee; with applications considered on May 24, 2022.