This week, Tecumseh Town Council begins at 6pm with a Public Meeting. The agenda can be found here.
Town Council will consider public comment on a rezoning application for a 1.8 hectare (4.4 acre) parcel of land situated on the west side of Manning Road, approximately 300 metres south of its intersection with South Talbot Road (7095 Manning). The purpose of the proposed amendment is to rezone the subject property from "Agricultural Zone (A)" to a site specific "Agricultural Zone (A-28)" that will permit a poultry processing and repackaging facility to operate from the larger of the two agricultural buildings located on the property. The subject property is designated “Agricultural” in the Sandwich South Official Plan.
Immediate neighbours support the proposed use.
Regular business begins at 7pm. The agenda can be found here.
Delegations include Tom Kitsos, Zora Visekruna and Phil Bartnik. Re: Asset Management Plan Version 2. Administration reports that the town's lifecycle program must be updated based on more recent information. The current plan has a shortfall of a $2.2 million annual deficit on tax-supported programs and a $0.4 million annual deficit on rate-supported programs over 20 years. The roadways deficit totals $26.7 million (with the Tecumseh Road CIP expected to be constructed between 2024 and 2035); the bridges deficit totals $10.7 million, the stormwater deficit totals $24.6 million; and the wastewater deficit totals $11.2 million, and the facilities deficit totals $12.2 million.
a. Chief Administrative Officer
1. CAO-2018-06 AMO Main Street Revitalization Grant. Administration recommends that a new accessible pathway at the Tecumseh Heritage Museum, which is in the Town’s Tecumseh Road Main Street CIP Area, be approved, at an estimated cost of $12,500 plus HST, and that the by-law authorizing the Town to enter into an Agreement with the Association of
Municipalities of Ontario be approved to receive funding from the Province from its Main Street Program. Tecumseh’s one time allocation is $58,195.14. The remainder will be spent prior to 2020.
b. Financial Services
1. FS-2018-05 Statement of Remuneration and Expenses Paid in 2017. Administration releases the remuneration given to each of the members of Council.
Total Compensation for me included $ 27,007 for meeting time and $4,728 in expenses reimbursed, which are attributable to the Federation of Canadian Municipalities, Ontario Small Urban Municipalities and Association of Municipalities of Ontario West conferences that I had attended in 2017.
c. Parks & Recreation Services
1. PRS-2018-13 Lakewood Park - Tree Carving Cadillac and LaSalle. Administration is recommending that Erie Treasures Custom Chainsaw Art be contracted in the amount of $4,500 plus HST to carve the likeness of Antoine de Lamothe Cadillac and René-Robert Cavelier, Sieur de LaSalle in the damaged tree at Lakewood Park and that an additional $1,000 plus HST be allocated to landscape the area after the carving has been completed. Funds would be provided from the One-Time Strategic Issues Lifecycle
d. Planning & Building Services
1. PBS-2018-13 Results of Public Consultation Process and Recommended Changes to the TTS for 2018. Administration is recommending to:
- Eliminate the East Pointe Trails bus stop
- Shift the Manning-to-Little River transit route to Manning-Tecumseh-Green Valley-St. Gregory-Revland-St. Thomas Street
- Move Riverside Drive route to Dillon Drive
- Provide two-way service on Southfield-Brouillette-Shawnee and eliminate Tecumseh Road service between Southfield and Shawnee.
- Eliminate Tecumseh Towne Centre bus stop.
2. PBS-2018-14 CIP Grant Funding, 1071 Lesperance Road. Administration is recommending approval of a Grant Application for the Tecumseh Road Main Street Community Improvement Plan Financial Incentive Program, for the property located at 1071
Lesperance Road and deemed eligible for Financial Incentives in an amount of $3,000.00 toward the preparation of architectural drawings.
For information on these or other municipal matters please contact me at 226-773-1910 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tecumseh Council begins this week at 5:30pm. There will be a public meeting to discuss the rezoning of the property at 154 Hayes Avenue. The property is vacant, but there was formerly a house there. The current zoning is "Recreational (RE)" and the proposed zoning is "Residential Type Two Zone (R2)". The agenda can be found here.
At 6pm, the Court of Revision will meet to consider appeals of his/her assessment or any part thereof as set out in the Drainage Report, prepared by Baird AE, dated November 23, 2017, for the 7th Concession Drain. This will be the third consideration of the report by Town Council following requests for reconsideration regarding the culvert on a particular property. The agenda can be found here.
At 7pm, Regular Business begins. The agenda can be found here.
a. Fire Service Recognition Re: Kiara Lynn Harrison
b. Top 100 Festival Award Re: 2017 Corn Festival Committee
c. Optimist Club of St. Clair Beach Re: Taste of Tecumseh
Communications for information include:
a. Town of Lakeshore - dated March 19, 2018 Re: Notice of Open House and Complete Application. Four three-unit townhome developments are proposed for East Pike Creek Road in the Town of Lakeshore. The public meeting will be held at the Atlas Tube Centre on Tuesday, March 27th from 5pm to 7pm.
b. Canadian Public Works Association - dated March 12, 2018 Re: 2018 National Public Works Week May 20-26, 2018. The CPWA is requesting proclamation of National Public Works Week.
c. Town of Essex - dated March 12, 2018 Re: User Pay Childcare Services at AMO and FCM Conferences. Essex is requesting support for offering cost-recovery day care services at the two municipal conferences so that Councillors can bring their children.
d. Township of South Stormont - dated March 14, 2018 Re: Resolution regarding legislations and regulations relative to the
Ontario Building Code. Stormont is requesting support for asking the Province to ensure that the Building Code regulate occupant health and safety and not other matters such as energy efficiency targets.
e. City of Windsor - March 22, 2018 Re: Sewer Use Master Plan - Notice of Commencement. The City of Windsor has initiated a Sewer Master Plan for their overall sewer and drainage systems.
Communications - Action Required includes:
a. Ontario Good Roads Association - dated March 22, 2018 Re: Be in the know with new Asset Management training. Administration is recommending that the Mayor and Members of Council be authorized to attend the March 27, 2018 Asset Management Training in London at a cost of $25, in accordance with the Town’s Travel and Professional Development
a. Fire & Emergency Services
1. FIRE-2018-04 Amendment to the 2018 Fire Five (5) Year Capital Projects Plan 2018 - 2022. Administration is recommending that 3 sets of firefighter bunker gear be purchased for $7,800, funded through the Fire Equipment
b. Parks & Recreation Services
1. PRS-2018-02 Taste of Tecumseh Festival 2018. Administration is recommending that the Optimist Club of St. Clair Beach be authorized to sell and serve alcohol to patrons at Lakewood Park from Friday, June 15, 2018 through to and including Saturday, June 16, 2018, and for relief from the Noise By-law No. 2002-07 to operate loud speakers or sound amplifying equipment. during the 2018 Taste of Tecumseh Festival on Friday, June 15, 2018 and Saturday, June 16, 2018 from 5:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
2. PRS-2018-03 Windsor Sport and Culture Annual Celebration. Administration is recommending that relief be granted from the Noise By-law in order to permit the Windsor Sports and Culture Club to operate loud speakers or sound amplifying equipment on Saturday, August 4, 2018, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
3. PRS-2018-05 St. Clair College Baseball at Lacasse Park. Administration is recommending that St. Clair College be authorized to sell and serve alcoholic beverages for consumption by patrons at the Lacasse Park Baseball Diamond during home games throughout the 2018 baseball season starting June 9, 2018 through to and including August 31, 2018.
4. PRS-2018-06 Carter Shows Ltd. Contract for the 2018 Corn Festival. Administration is recommending that an Agreement be entered into with Carter Shows Limited for the Midway Carnival for the 2018 Tecumseh Corn Festival. Carter will supply to the Town 25% of the Ride Gross less HST, 50% of the Concession Revenue or $5000, whichever is greater, $2,500 for Advertising, and 100 VIP Passes.
c. Planning & Building Services
1. PBS-2018-11, D19 ROSTEC, Rosati Development, North Side of Tecumseh Rd. A public meeting is proposed to be held on Tuesday, April 24th, 2018 at 5:00 p.m., to discuss for the applications submitted by Rosati Construction for a rezoning of a 1.74 hectare (4.29 acre) parcel of land located on the north side of Tecumseh Road at its intersection with Dorset Park. Rosati is proposing converting the property (former St. Gregory's Church) from the current Official Plan designation of “Institutional” to a “Medium Density Residential” designation with a site-specific policy that will establish a maximum density of 44 units per hectare and permit multi-unit residential uses; and ii) the current “Institutional Zone (I)” to a site-specific “Residential Type Three Zone
(R3)” in order to permit the construction of a residential subdivision consisting of a maximum of 22 townhouse units and one, four-storey apartment building containing a maximum of 55 units.
For questions on these or other municipal matters feel free to contact me at 226-773-1910 or email@example.com