This week, Tecumseh Town Council begins at 5pm with a meeting regarding the Lachance Drain. The agenda can be found here. The purpose of the meeting is to hear public comment from any affected landowners on the proposed drainage works, as set out in the Drainage Report filed by Mark Hernandez of Dillon Consulting Limited dated February 24, 2022, for the repair and improvement to the Lachance Drain (Lachance Bridge).
At 6pm, there will be a meeting of the personnel committee. The agenda can be found here. An update to the Compensation and Salary Administration Policy is proposed which generally clarifies the processes for step advancement within the salary grid, provisional economic adjustments, performance evaluation processes and deferments. The Town of Tecumseh’s compensation philosophy has been included in the policy and establishes that our salaries are aligned with the 60th percentile of comparator organizations.
Regular business begins at 7pm. The agenda can be found here.
1. Town of Tecumseh 2022 Awards Presentation
- Dr. Henri Breault Community Excellence Award, Anita Imperioli;
- Donald ‘Donny’ Massender Memorial Volunteer Award, Edward Janisse;
- Youth of the Year Award, Jocelyn Adams (2022), and Teanna Kavanagh (2021);
- Senior of the Year Award, Lynda Lacombe.
1. Community & Recreation Services
a. CRS-2022-06 Pathway to Potential Funding Agreement 2022. Administration recommends that Tecumseh enter into an agreement with Windsor for the Pathway to Potential Program for budget year 2022, at no cost to the Town.
b. CRS-2022-07 Optimist Club's Victoria Day Weekend Fireworks 2022. Administration continues to recommend that the Town of Tecumseh pay the cost for enhanced OPP service during the annual Victoria Day Fireworks event to be held on May 21 or 22, 2022, estimated to be in the order of $1,500.00, and that this cost be funded from the Police Contracts budget.
c. CRS-2022-08 Taste of Tecumseh Festival 2022. Administration recommends that the Optimist Club of St. Clair Beach be authorized to sell and serve alcoholic beverages for consumption by patrons at Lakewood Park from Friday, June 17, 2022 through to and including Saturday, June 18, 2022, and that relief be granted from Noise By-law No. 2002-07 for the purposes of musical entertainment and event announcements on Friday, June 17, 2022 and Saturday, June 18, 2022 from 5:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
2. Development Services
a. DS-2022-12 Zoning By-law Amendment 1401-1429 Lesperance Road Results of Public Meeting and Final Recommendations. Administration recommends a rezoning of a 0.29 hectare (0.71 acre) parcel of land situated on the southwest corner of the Lesperance Road/Arbour Street intersection (1401-1429 Lesperance Road) from “Residential Zone 2 (R2)” and “Residential Zone 2 (R2-25)” to “Residential Zone 3 (R3-21)” in order to facilitate the construction of a residential development consisting of three, 2.5 storey, six-unit dwellings and establish site-specific lot, building and yard provisions.
b. DS-2022-13 Zoning By-law Amendment, D19 12322RIV, 12322 Riverside Drive, Scheduling of a Public Meeting. Administration recommends the scheduling of a public meeting on May 24, 2022 at 5:30 p.m., for an application seeking to amend Zoning By-law 1746 by rezoning a 0.12 hectare (0.29 acre) parcel of land situated on the north side of Riverside Drive (12322 Riverside Drive), approximately 45 metres (147 feet) east of its intersection with Lesperance Road, in order to permit the conversion of an existing accessory structure into an Additional Residential Unit, in accordance with subsection 4.2.2 viii) of the Tecumseh Official Plan.
c. DS-2022-14 Zoning By-law Amendment, Condition of Consent Application B-01-22, 6780 Holden Road, Scheduling of a Public Meeting. Administration recommends the scheduling of a public meeting, to be held on Tuesday, May 24, 2022, at 6:00 p.m., in accordance with the Planning Act for a zoning by-law amendment application submitted for a 20.68 hectare (51.1 acre) parcel of land situated on the east side of Holden Road, approximately 1.1 kilometres north of its intersection with County Road 8 (6780 Holden Road). This would include rezoning the 0.55 hectare (1.35 acre) non-farm related residential lot (6780 Holden Road), from “Agricultural Zone (A)” to a site specific “Agricultural Zone (A-37)” in order to establish a maximum lot area of 0.55 hectares (1.35 acres) and rezoning the 20.13 hectare (49.7 acre) agricultural parcel from “Agricultural Zone (A)” to a site specific “Agricultural Zone (A-38)” in order to prohibit a residential dwelling from being constructed.
d. DS-2022-15 Renewal of Municipal Housing Facility By-law, Ontario Priorities Housing Initiatives, Tecumseh Participation. Administration recommends that By-law No. 2022-032 be adopted having the effect of renewing the Municipal Housing Facilities By-law for the Town of Tecumseh, all of which is in accordance with the requirements of the 2021 Rental Housing Component of the Ontario Priorities Housing Initiatives (OPHI) program.
e. DS-2022-16 Tecumseh Road Main Street Community Improvement Plan (CIP), Review of Grant Programs. Administration recommends discontinuing support for the current Tecumseh Road Main Street CIP Building and Property Improvement Grant (BPIG) Program for grant applications received after April 26, 2022; And further that Administration be directed to report back with a revised BPIG Program that establishes criteria for the purpose of providing BPIG grants to those residential development proposals that meet specific affordability criteria over a specified period of time.
3. Legislative & Clerk Services
a. LCS-2022-12 Court of Revision Appointment - Lachance Drain. Town Council is requested to appoint a member to the City of Windsor's Court of Revision to consider improvement of the Lachance Drain within the City of Windsor.
b. LCS-2022-14 National AccessAbility Week. Administration presents a report regarding planned activities for National AccessAbility Week. The Town will be purchasing the Regional Accessibility Flag to be raised at the Tecumseh Town Hall at the beginning of NAAW. Red Shirt Day (of Action for AccessAbility and Inclusion) will take place on Wednesday, June 1.
4. Public Works & Engineering Services
a. PWES-2022-15 Appointment of Engineer - Cunningham Drain. Administration recommends that Dillon Consulting Limited be appointed drainage engineer to make an examination of the Cunningham Drain drainage area as submitted by the landowner in the “Notice of Request for Drainage Improvement” dated February 3, 2022, and that a Drainage Report be prepared in accordance with Section 78 of the Drainage Act, including provisions for future maintenance.
b. PWES-2022-19 Drinking Water Quality Management System Operational Plan, Revision Date April 26, 2022. Administration recommends that Tecumseh Town Council endorse and commit to the Town of Tecumseh Distribution System, Drinking Water Quality Management System Operational Plan, Revision Date: April 26, 2022.
c. PWES-2022-20 Request to Consider Drainage Petition and Appointment of Engineer - Shields Street. Administration recommends that the Petition for Drainage Works for Shields Street dated March 3, 2022 as submitted by the Road Authority in accordance with Section 4(1) of the Drainage Act, be received; And that Dillon Consulting Limited be appointed drainage engineer in accordance with Section 8(1) of the Drainage Act to make an examination of the area requiring drainage and to prepare a Preliminary Report in accordance with Section 10(1) of the Drainage Act.
d. PWES-2022-22 Asphalt Paving Tender Award. Administration recommends that the low tender from Coco Paving Inc. in the amount of $997,750 plus HST, for the 2022 Asphalt Paving Tender, be approved and that the Mayor and Clerk be authorized to enter into a contract for the services with Coco Paving Inc. Streets include:
- Riverside Drive. Arlington to Kensington
- Poisson Street, Tecumseh Road to Arbour
- Piccadilly Avenue, Full Extent
- Trafalgar Court, Full Extent
- Green Valley Drive, Meadowland to Brunelle
- Verdant Court, Full Extent
- Maisonneuve Street, St. Anne to Lesperance
- Intersection Road, Lesperance to Shawnee.
e. PWES-2022-23 Tar and Chip Tender Award. That the sole tender from Shepley Road Maintenance Ltd. in the amount of $209,690 plus HST for the 2022 Tar and Chip Tender, be approved; And that the Mayor and Clerk be authorized to enter into contract for the services with Shepley Road Maintenance Ltd.
1. By-Law 2022-028 Being a by-law to levy a special charge of the Business Improvement Area and to provide for its collection for the year 2022
2. By-Law 2022-029 Being a by-law to provide for the repair and improvements to the Lachance Drain
3. By-Law 2022-030 Being a by-law to authorize the execution of a Service Agreement between The Corporation of the Town of Tecumseh and the City of Windsor to administer funds for the Pathway to Potential Program for the year 2022.
4. By-Law 2022-031 Being a by-law to provide for the adoption of tax rates, area rates and additional charges for Municipal, County and Education purposes for the year 2022
5. By-Law 2022-032 Being a by-law to provide for Municipal Housing (Municipal Housing Facilities By-Law)
6. By-Law 2022-033 Being a by-law to amend By-law 1746, the Town’s Comprehensive Zoning By-law for those lands in the former Town of Tecumseh.
7. By-Law 2022-034 Amendment No.3 to the Town of Tecumseh Official Plan
8. By-Law 2022-035 Being a by-law to amend By-law 85-18, the Town’s Comprehensive Zoning By-law for those lands in the former Township of Sandwich South.
9. Confirmatory By-Law 2022-036
Next meetings shall be held on Thursday, May 5, 2022, 4:30 pm Special Council Meeting - Strategic Priorities and Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 4:30 pm Special Council Meeting - Clerk's Service Delivery Review with a 7:00 pm Regular Council Meeting
For questions on these or other municipal matters, please contact me at 226-773-1910 or [email protected]
Tecumseh Council is meeting at a special time on Thursday April 7th beginning at 7pm. The agenda can be found here.
Some local communication items include:
- Ontario Land Tribunal dated March 24, 2022 - Re: Withdrawn Appeal for OPA No. 1 and By-law No. 2021-46 for Briday
- County of Essex dated March 24, 2022 - Re: County Participation in the Regional Food and Organics Waste Management Project
1. Chief Administrative Officer - People & Culture
a. CAO-2022-04 Tecumseh 100th Anniversary - Legion Mural Project. Administration recommends that the Town, supported by the Tecumseh BIA, install a mural commemorating Col. Dr. Paul Poisson, Tecumseh's first Mayor.
b. CAO-2022-05 Tecumseh 100th Anniversary - My Main Street Grant Agreement. Administration recommends that By-law 2022-025, being a by-law to authorize the Mayor and the Clerk to execute an agreement for the My Main Street Grant that will support mural projects within the municipality, be adopted.
c. CAO-2022-06 Tecumseh 100th Anniversary Celebration - Windsor Symphony Orchestra Agreement. Administration recommends that By-law No. 2022-021, being a by-law to enter into an agreement with Windsor Symphony Orchestra for the purpose of providing musical performances during the Town’s 100th Anniversary Celebration, be approved; and that the Mayor and Clerk be authorized to execute the Agreement between the Town of Tecumseh and Windsor Symphony Orchestra, satisfactory in form and content to the Town’s Solicitor.
2. Community & Recreation Services
a. CRS-2022-05 Amend 2022 Parks Capital Works Plan - Bert Lacasse Ball Diamond Project. Administration is recommending that the Bert Lacasse Ball Diamond upgrades capital project be added to the 2022 CRS Parks Capital Works Plan;
And that the Bert Lacasse Ball Diamond Capital project as outlined in this report, in the amount of $3,321,000 including non refundable HST, be authorized and funded out of
the Infrastructure Reserve
And further that the project management cost of $75,000, be authorized and funded out of the Infrastructure Reserve.
And furthermore that Administration be authorized to negotiate under single source procurement section 3.4 of the Town’s Purchasing By-law 2021-60, with SFERA Architectural Associates Inc., to undertake Phase 2 of the architectural services work and upon successful negotiations receive approval from CAO and Purchasing Coordinator to enter into an agreement.
3. Public Works & Engineering Services
a. PWES-2022-13 LAS Sewer and Water Line Warranty Program Service Line Warranties of Canada Inc. Agreement Renewal Term. Administration recommends that notice be provided to Service Line Warranties of Canada Inc. that the Town intends to allow the ‘Renewal Term’ within section 3(a) of the Agreement to commence, whereby the Agreement will automatically renew for one additional year starting September 27, 2022.
b. PWES-2022-16 Larviciding for the 2022 West Nile Virus Program. Administration recommends that Correspondence be forwarded to the Ministry of the Environment and GDG
Canada (GDG) through the West Nile Virus program secretary at the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit;
And further that program costs in the amount of $6,000 be funded from the Public Works operating budget as approved in the 2022 Operational Budget.
c. PWES-2022-17 Getting Ontario Connected Act, 2022 - Proposed Legislation and Administrative Comments. Administration has supplied a variety of comments regarding legislative changes to the Getting Ontario Connected Act, 2022, as described.
- By-Law 2022-19 Being a by-law to authorize the execution of an agreement between the The Corporation of the Town of Tecumseh and Derkz Fine Arts.
- By-Law 2022-20 Being a by-law to authorize the execution of an Agreement between The Corporation of the Town of Tecumseh and the Royal Canadian Legion – Col. Paul Poisson, Branch 261
- By-Law 2022-21 Being a by-law to authorize the execution of an Agreement between The Corporation of the Town of Tecumseh and The Windsor Symphony Orchestra
- By-Law 2022-02 Being a by-law to amend By-law 1746, the Town’s Comprehensive Zoning By-law for those lands in the former Town of Tecumseh. (292 Lesperance)
- By-Law 2022-023 Being a by-law to amend By-law 2065, the Town’s Comprehensive Zoning By-law for those lands in the former Village of St. Clair Beach. (13554 Riverside Drive)
- By-Law 2022-024 Being a by-law to amend By-law 85-18, the Town’s Comprehensive Zoning By-law for those lands in the former Township of Sandwich South. (7035 10th Concession)
- By-Law 2022-025 Being a by-law to authorize the execution of an Agreement between The Corporation of the Town of Tecumseh and the Canadian Urban Institute for funding under the My Main Street Community Activator Program
- By-Law 2022-026 Being a by-law to expropriate lands required for municipal purposes.
For questions regarding these or other municipal matters, please contact me at 226-773-1910 or [email protected]