This week Town Council begins at 6pm. You can read the agenda for this part of the meeting here.
This meeting is to hear public comment for a proposed rezoning of a 2.9 acre parcel of land on the south side of North Talbot Road, 95 metres east of its intersection with Walker Road from "Neighbourhood Commercial Zone" to a site specific "Business Park Zone". The subject parcel of land is designated "Business Park" in the Sandwich South Official Plan. The rezoning will permit the future development of the lands for a range of light industrial and commercial uses.
A letter has been received from Friends of Oldcastle Development Letter dated April 1, 2019, with and objection to the Zoning By-Law Amendment.
Regular business begins at 7pm. The agenda for the regular meeting can be found here.
Our delegation for the evening is Chaouki Hamka, Community Leader, MADD Windsor and Essex County Re: MADD Campaign 911 Program
Communications - For Information include:
a. Township of South Frontenac Letter dated March 19, 2019 Re: Review of Ontario Municipal Partnership Funding (OMPF). South Frontenac supports the resolution passed by the Township of South Stormont regarding the Provincial Government review of OMPF funding that provides annual funding allotments to municipal governments to help offset operating and capital costs and advise the
Premier, Ministers of Finance, Municipal Affairs and Housing and our local MPP of our concerns.
b. Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing Letter dated March 20, 2019. Re: 2018-2019 Fiscal support for small and rural municipalities. Minister Steve Clark advises that the Town of Tecumseh receive a one-time payment of $620,201.
c. Town of Lakeshore dated March 22, 2019 Re: Notice of Open House and Complete Application. Lakeshore held a public meeting regarding 2110 Manning Road on Tuesday April 2nd. An application has been received to allow temporary use of the property as a trucking terminal.
d. Town of LaSalle dated March 25, 2019 Re: Notice of Public Meeting and Planning Advisory Committee Information Meeting. LaSalle advises of a new subdivision proposal including 950 single dwellings, new commercial units on the south side of Laurier Parkway, business park on the west side of Howard Avenue, a new school and parkland. A public meeting will be held on Tuesday April 16th, 6pm at LaSalle Town Hall.
e. Ministry of Infrastructure and Communities Letter dated March 27, 2019 Re: Gas Tax Fund. The Minister of Infrastructure and Communities advises that $819,443,895 will be dispersed to Ontario municipalities, of which $167,421,424 is dedicated to the City of Toronto and $2,081,548 for the Province of Ontario.
a. Corporate Services & Clerk
1. CS-2019-08 MADD Campaign 911 Program. Administration recommends that MADD be permitted to install Program signs at the entrances to the Town of Tecumseh (Town) from Windsor on Tecumseh Road and Riverside Drive, as well as the entrance and exits of the Town on County Road 22, along with County Road 11 and County Road 19, subject to the approval of the County of Essex;
And further that MADD Windsor & Essex County be granted licensing privileges under the Use of Official Mark Policy 51 to permit the use of the Town’s Official Mark on their Program signs, and further that the Mayor and Clerk be authorized to execute a Trademark Agreement with MADD Windsor and Essex County to permit the Town’s Official Mark on the Program signs. MADD is requesting to install ten (10) signs in the Town of Tecumseh.
The MADD Campaign 911 Program (Program) was launched in 2007 nationwide to encourage residents to help make roads safe and reduce the number of deaths caused from impaired driving. The City of Windsor implemented this Program in 2008, with 42 signs installed around the City. At the writing of this report, the Towns of LaSalle and Amherstburg and the Municipality of Leamington have formally supported this Program in their respective municipalities.
2. CS-2019-09 Fluoridation of Drinking Water. Administration recommends that Report CS-2019-09 regarding the Fluoridation of Water, be received and that the draft By-law authorizing fluoridation of drinking water, in accordance with the Fluoridation Act, R.S.O. 1990 c.F.22, be considered.
b. Financial Services
1. FS-2019-03 Statement of Remuneration and Expenses Paid in 2018. Administration supplies a report surrounding Council expenses for each member of Council. My remuneration was $30,354 in 2018.
c. Planning & Building Services
1. PBS-2019-07 D19 13214RIV, 13214 Riverside Drive, Zoning By-law Amendment. Administration recommends the scheduling of a public meeting, to be held on Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 5:00 p.m., in accordance with the Planning Act for a Zoning By-law Amendment application to rezone a 1251 square metre (13,465 square foot) parcel of land situated on the north side of
Riverside Drive, approximately 290 metres west of its intersection with Manning Road (13214 Riverside Drive), from "Residential Zone 1 (R1)" to a site specific "Residential Zone 1 (R1-11)" to permit the construction of a detached accessory garage with a
second storey dwelling unit on the subject property in addition to one detached dwelling unit.
Fire & Emergency Services
1. FIRE-2019-03 Partnership with Wounded Warriors Canada. Administration recommends the signing of a partnership
agreements with Wounded Warriors Canada for the purpose of formalizing support for their mission and services, making use of the mental health programs provided, and identify potential fundraising opportunities to support their programming and services.
For questions on these or other municipal matters I can be reached at (226) 773-1910 or email@example.com
This week, Tecumseh Town Council begins at 5:30 pm.
We begin with a public meeting for comments regarding rezoning a 10.5 hectare (26.0 acre) agricultural property on the south side of County Road 34, approximately 150 metres east of its intersection with King’s Highway No. 3, from “Agricultural Zone (A)” to a site specific “Agricultural Zone (A-30)”. This is a condition necessary to sever the residential lot from the farm. You can find the background information here.
At 6pm a second public meeting will be held to hear comments from any affected landowners for the repair and improvement of the Dawson Drain. You can find the background information here
At 6:05pm, a third public meeting will be held to hear comments from any affected landowners on the proposed drainage works, as set out in the Drainage Report filed by Dillon Consulting on February 13, 2019 for the repair and improvement of the East Townline Drain. You can find the background information here.
At 6:30pm a fourth public meeting will be held to hear comments from any affected landowners on the proposed drainage works, as set out in the Drainage Report filed by Dillon Consulting on March 11, 2019 for the South Talbot Drain. You can find the background information here.
Regular business begins at 7pm. You can find the background information here.
Delegations include Sean Girard and Gage Smith, Town of Tecumseh who will receive Recognition for Life Saving Efforts, and Mr. Trevor Durant, Archer Daniels Midland Company for a Cheque Presentation supporting the Fire Department's Confined Space Equipment, as well as Richard Wyma, CEO and Irek Kumierczyk, Chair of Essex Region Conservation Authority, speaking to the 2018 Annual Report based on Essex Region Conservation Authority's goals and objectives for 2019. The video to be shown can be found here: ERCA 2018 Annual Report Video
Standards Committee, that Chris Carpenter be appointed to the Committee of Adjustment and Tony Muscedere be appointed to the Property Standards Committee, in his place; that Shane Meloche be appointed to the vacant Director position on the Business Improvement Area (BIA) Board of Management; and that the resignation of Suzanne Beneteau from the Heritage Committee, be accepted.
- Approximately 20.5 hectares (50.6 acres) of land identified for residential uses offering a range of housing types, including single unit dwellings, semi-detached and multi-unit dwellings and retirement homes.
- An approximate 0.75 hectare (1.85 acre) commercial parcel situated at the northeast corner of the 8th Concession Road/North Talbot Road intersection. This parcel could accommodate commercial uses in a building having a footprint of
approximately 1,200 square metres (13,000 square feet), with associated on-site parking. The types of uses to be permitted include retail, eating establishments, financial institutions, day nursery, adult day care centre, general and professional
offices, personal service shop and accessory uses;
- A 30 metre (98 foot) wide strip of land along the western boundary of the property adjacent to the 8th Concession Road and extending fully from the commercial block to the northern limit of the subject property. The purpose of this strip of
land, which is proposed to be conveyed to the Town, is to provide adequate separation from the industrial uses on the west side of the 8th Concession Road and the proposed residential use of the balance of the subject property. It is intended that the 30 metre (98 foot) strip of land will comprised three components:
a) a berm with appropriate tree plantings on the top to assist with visual screening;
b) a 3 metre (10 foot) multi-use pathway, which would ultimately extend to North Talbot Road and potentially along the northerly limit of the proposed residential lands;
c) a drainage feature/swale for the conveyance of stormwater;
- A stormwater drainage corridor along the northern extent of the property and along the north-eastern portion of the property where it abuts the former railway lands. This stormwater drainage corridor, if deemed acceptable in relation to the
stormwater management scheme yet to be approved for the subject property, would also include a multi-use pathway; an area of land identified for a stormwater management pond at the easterly extent of the subject property, where it abuts the existing Weston Park. This stormwater management pond would be designed as an amenity and would incorporate multi-use pathway linkages to adjacent lands (including Weston Park, potential future multi-use pathway on former railway lands, potential multi-use pathways on the subject property and along the north side of North Talbot Road;
- A multi-use pathway along the north side of North Talbot Road that would ultimately provide connectively to existing homes and Weston Park to the east and other proposed multi-use pathways in the vicinity.
(i) Make an examination of the Curtis Drain and drainage area as submitted by the Town in the “Notice of Request for Drain Improvement” dated September 25, 2018; and
(ii) Prepare a Drainage Report in accordance with Section 78 of the Drainage Act, including provisions for future maintenance of the Drain.
And that funding for the purchase of the Valve Maintenance Trailer in the amount of $85,000 be funded from the Fleet Lifecycle Reserve. This request is a cost-saving measure to reduce contractor labour and materials in case of water main breaks.
1. One 2500 Crew Cab Pickup Truck, in the amount of $33,907 plus HST plus outfitting costs; and
2. One 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 Pickup Truck and Plow Combination, in the amount of $44,556 plus HST plus outfitting costs.
And that the $7,844 allocation deficit be funded from the Vehicle Lifecycle Reserve;
And further that the funding allocation for fleet replacement be adjusted to reflect current vehicle and plow equipment replacement costs.