This week's Council meeting begins at 7pm. The full agenda can be found here: https://tecumseh-pub.escribemeetings.com/FileStream.ashx?DocumentId=81
Delegations will be received this week from:
a. Tecumseh Ranger Rookies Major Baseball Team Re: 2016 Ontario Baseball Association (OBA) “A” Championship
b. Optimist Club of St. Clair Beach, Tony Corona, Fred Raby and David Lozinsky Re: Taste of Tecumseh and Club Initiatives
c. Tecumseh Thunder Senior AAA Baseball Club Re: 2016 Canadian National Championship
d. Cathy Copot-Nepszy, Chair of the Windsor-Essex Communities In Motion Re: Windsor-Essex Communities in motion All Star Award Presentation
a. City of Belleville, Re: Supporting Agricultural Experts in Their Fields. The City of Belleville is requesting support for their call to the Province to allow Certified Crop Advisors to conduct pest assessments even when they are also being compensated by manufacturers or retailers of pesticides.
b. County of Essex Accessibility Advisory Committee. The Tecumseh Accessibility Advisory Committee is asking to be authorized to attend the October 25, 2016 Essex County Accessibility Advisory Workshop, on October 25, 2016, in accordance with the Town’s Travel and Professional Development Policies.
1. Director Corporate Services & Clerk Re: 2017 December Holiday Schedule. It is proposed that Tecumseh Town Hall Offices close for the 2017 December Holiday Season from Monday, December 25, 2017, through to and including Monday, January 1, 2018.
2. Director Corporate Services & Clerk Re: 2017 Council Meeting Calender. It is proposed that four meetings of Council be cancelled: Tuesday, January 10; Tuesday, June 13; Tuesday, August 22; and Tuesday, December 26.
3. Director Corporate Services & Clerk Re: IESO Feed-In Tariff Program Version 5 Municipal Template
Resolution Request – Essex Energy Corporation. Essex Power is requesting endorsement of its Solar Panel project to be located at the Highway 3 Operations Centre.
4. Director Corporate Services & Clerk Re IESO Feed-In Tariff Program Version 5 Municipal Template Resolution Request - Solar Power Network. Solar Power Network is requesting endorsement of a Solar Panel project located at 2179 Fasan Drive.
5. Director Fire Services & Fire Chief Re: Fleet Enhancement (1990 Spartan Rescue #1). Permission to begin research for the replacement of the Spartan Rescue #1 vehicle is being sought. Funding for the eventual purchase is already accounted for in life cycle budgeting.
6. Director Parks & Recreation Services Re: Strategic Master Plan for Parks & Recreation Services 5 Year Update - Consultant Appointment. Administration recommends that Bezaire & Associates be contracted to update the Parks, Recreation & Trails Master Plan in the amount of $71,600 plus HST and to build an additional contingency fund of $20,000.
7. Manager Recreation Programs & Events Re: 2018 Senior Men's National Baseball Championships. Council is being asked to consider what to do with the Tecumseh Corn Festival in the event that the 2018 Senior Men's National Baseball Championships are awarded to Tecumseh.
- Option A: Status Quo – The 2018 Tecumseh Corn Festival remain scheduled at Lacasse Park the weekend prior to Labour Day (August 23 - 26, 2018).
- Option B: Change Date – The 2018 Tecumseh Corn Festival be moved to one week earlier (August 16-19, 2018) to accommodate the 2018 Canadian National Championships.
- Option C: Change Location – The 2018 Tecumseh Corn Festival be relocated to Lakewood Park to allow Lacasse Park to be available to host the 2018 Canadian National Championships.
For questions on these or any other Council matters please feel free to be in touch at 226-773-1910.