Andrew Dowie, P.Eng., was elected to Tecumseh Town Council in 2014 and is privileged to serve Tecumseh as a proud community leader.
As a long-time staff engineer at the City of Windsor, Andrew has held challenging roles in neighbourhood design and construction, trenchless technologies, waste water treatment, traffic calming, transportation policy, pay equity, service consolidation, special events, economic development and tourism initiatives and project management, including secondments to the Chief Administrative Office and to the Mayor's Office.
Andrew has been a dedicated member of the 35th Tecumseh Scout Group since 1988, and serves as a leader for Scouts and for Rovers.
Andrew formerly represented 1,700 engineers as the Chair for Windsor-Essex Chapter of Professional Engineers Ontario as well as the local chair of PEO's Government Liaison Program.
Andrew presently represents Council on the Business Improvement Association Board of Management, Heritage Committee (serving as Chair) and Cultural and Arts Advisory Committee, and formerly sat on the Committee of Adjustment and as Chair of the Property Standards Committee. He is also serving a second term as Tecumseh's representative to the Essex County Library Board.
Andrew attended Université d'Ottawa and completed French-language degrees in Civil Engineering (Co-Op) and Computing Technology, as well as his French language fluency certification. He has since completed programs in Community Leadership from the University of Windsor, Municipal Politics from St. Clair College, Crime Prevention through Environmental Design from the Windsor Police Service, and in Management from Schulich School of Business at York University.
- Recipient, Medal of Good Service, Scouts Canada
- Ontario Volunteer Service Award
- Elected Senate Member, Université d'Ottawa
- Alumni Committee, Leadership Windsor-Essex
- Detroit River Canadian Cleanup Public Advisory and Implementation Member
- Inaugural recipient, G. Gordon M. Sterling Engineering Intern Award, Professional Engineers Ontario
- Rotary Group Study Exchange to Ghana and Burkina Faso
- Charter Member, Rotary Club of Windsor-Walkerville (2010-2012)
- Arbitration Board, Université d'Ottawa
- Elected Student Prime Minister, Ecole secondaire l'Essor
- Chief Scouts' Award, Scouts Canada
- Volunteer Mentor, City of Windsor Mentoring Program